StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
    Atmit,

"I guess they WILL have fire Elop and kick out Microsoft in order not to lose your valuable support."

My thoughts exactly.
    May 9 02:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    show,

You have made raised the best argument so far. I appreciate the patience it will require to fully execute. But Nokia is not approaching the third year into Elop's tenure. How long are you willing to make. Does it concern you that Microsoft has not had the level success that perhaps Nokia's board envisioned?
    May 9 02:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Dantes,

"Are you really comparing the timing, market, and competitive environment "

That's not the point. The point is saturation, which you alluded to by saying Android has peaked. Your mistake is that, in relation to device sales, it doesn't matter since smartphone adoption has not peaked. This means that it would have no material impact on Nokia if the company were to switch to Android.
    May 9 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    WealthManager,

Why would you sell if it's better for the stock? Explain why the stock today is better than the $10 price it was when Elop took over? I look forward to your response.
    May 9 02:41 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    IT153,

I don't like train wreaks, either. But that doesn't mean we're not interested :-)
    May 9 02:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Abu,

It was according to Canaccord Genuity. Please see this link:
    May 9 02:39 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Omarsiddiqi,

"Excellent point and i fail to understand why seemingly intelligent people dont realize that."

It was not an excellent point! It was misguided.
    May 9 02:36 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Dantes,

"There is an ebb and flow to tech adoption. Android is nearing it's peak."

Did Windows ever reach its peak on the desktop? Did it ever matter? As long as there are phones they will need an operating system. Yet, I'm the one that does not understand the industry?
    May 9 02:35 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Niko,

I think the NSN segment is one of the strongest in any sector. In fact, I've argued that Nokia should grow that business to account for 30% of its revenue. If Elop can do that, while at the same time bring Nokia more latitude with other operating systems, I think Nokia will be fine. But the current arrangement with Microsoft only helps Microsoft while limiting Nokia's "mobility" - as ironic as it sounds.
    May 9 02:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    JayXu,

Just click on the report abuse link that is directly to right of the time of the post. I hope that helps.
    May 9 02:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ajsharma,

" I think Nokia should keep Windows 8 but should also try Android at the high end, just one device."

Excellent suggestion. I think this would go a long way. How is it a good idea for Nokia to limit its mobility in this manner by tying themselves so closely to carriers and one OS? It's setting up for failure with no alternative.
    May 9 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    heloise,

I'm actually looking out for Nokia investors here. It doesn't seem like it. But the only way companies perform better is to demand it. Unfortunately, Nokia investors insist on supporting incompetence. Oh well...
    May 9 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Niko,

Not sure what you mean by that comment. But I'll take your word for it.
    May 9 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well said K. Herbert!
    May 9 02:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    La Rue,

You're right! As long as he stays, your shares are going nowhere...
    May 9 02:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment