StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    doggie,

Explain the 20% decline in revenue and the 32% decline in device sales.
    May 8 04:57 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    stonekey,

"but somehow I don't see how the bold words are backup by bold facts."

Nokia is losing market share - that's a fact!
    May 8 11:56 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    fightingleos,

Had I said to "buy Nokia" I would have been a great journalist, right?
    May 8 11:54 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    StockMarket,

"It completely ignores NOK's other profitable divisions."

Nokia is operating at a loss. Who are we kidding?
    May 8 11:51 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    sph0308,

I appreciate your sense of humor :-)
    May 8 10:40 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stick A Fork In Nokia, Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    flybywire -

"But Nokia lumias are the phones that new users want"

Not according to 20% decline in revenue and the 32% decline in Nokia's device business. Where's your evidence to support the claim that "people want Lumias"?
    May 7 06:36 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Should End The Steve Ballmer Experiment [View article]
    thenoffya -

"It's about predicting the future."

Here again, you make it sound as if they are gypsies with a crystal ball. They are not attempting to "predict" the future. They are often MBA's who cover the companies they report on based on conversations they've had with management of these companies and market trends.

They are the ones asking the questions on the conference calls and at press conferences. They are not like you or anyone else who might make up out of bed and "throw a dart" at a number - thinking you might be right.

To suggest that they are attempting to "predict the future" is disrespectful to their profession. And the idea that each time a company falls short of expectations is the fault of the analysts is tiring.

You can make all of the excuses for Microsoft that you want, that is your right. But after you take a financial analysis or statistics course, you will learn to separate Wall Street analysts and the job they perform from crystal ball-toting gypsies. I assure you.
    Jul 22 02:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'll Buy Nokia If The Company Dumps Windows And Elop [View article]
    Earl,

I don't have an agenda. I was asked for reasons of my displeasure with Nokia. This article just explains it. I like the company, I'm just not a fan of the CEO.
    May 9 02:09 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    Waterloo,

Why was revenue down 20% this quarter if the phone is so superior?
    May 8 12:36 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    Systembolagate,

"Audi is only one of the 12 Volkswagen brands and addresses a very specific clientele, Kia on the other hand, which is part of Hyundai "

If this is what you are focusing on as a Nokia shareholder, then shame on you :-)
    May 8 11:52 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    Hkondor,

Speaking of midget, have you seen Nokia's shareprice lately :-)
    May 8 10:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    richto,

You may want to double-check those stats.
    May 8 10:39 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sometimes Buying An Option Makes More Sense Than Buying The Underlying Stock [View article]
    Thank you for the well wishes. I do this for a living and I don't rely on luck, but again thanks.
    I understand you’re closed to the concepts of the article, and that is fine. It does make me wonder why you’re reading this article, and commenting, but again, that’s fine. No worries and I’m glad you’re here along with everyone else.
    A few points others reading this may wish to consider:
    Some may call it gibberish and some may call it a mathematical edge. Anyone can call it what they like and calculating probabilities and taking an active role in investments isn't for everyone.
    I do this for a living and I don't rely on luck, but again thanks.
    Unless your father is a Senator and or you're politically connected, you probably should not emulate Warren Buffett. Mr. Buffett doesn't succeed because he is lucky, he succeeds because he has an information and political advantage over other market participants. As a professional in the business, I am relatively sure spending one, two or even 20 hours a week isn't giving someone an edge.
    A case in point is AGNC, I recently wrote an article about that one - http://bit.ly/Px1BYo (spooler alert – AGNC dividend is going down. Payout is currently greater than forward income and QE3 is flattening the yield curve). Also, anyone who doesn’t understand the concept of a flattening yield curve (don’t feel bad, most don’t) should NEVER invest is this REIT.
    AGNC is one of the last stocks you want to own because you want to sleep easy at night.
    Don’t take any of this personally, there are 3000 other people that are going to read this and have questions and it would be a shame if anyone bought AGNC because they thought they are going to make a 15% forward yield.
    When you’re (or anyone else) ready to learn about calculating yield curves, edges, and overall how to improve your long term performance you can subscribe to the Rocco Pendola Option Newsletter which I contribute actionable ideas weekly.
    Sep 22 01:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Are you serious? Did you read the article?

This article demonstrates how you can LOWER your risk. If that doesn't help you sleep easy at night, I am not sure what will.

If you want to take the easy way, and not put in extra effort I guess that's your choice, but suggesting others take a lazy approach with higher risk and in the end, lower returns forces me to call you out in your ignorance.

Outsized returns go to those who take advantage of every possible edge they can find.Adding an extra trade over the course of a month is far from the concept of "trade monkey". Besides, the line is long with people wishing they could give up their jobs and be a "trade monkey" if only they knew how.

Best of luck to you and I hope your investment works out well.
    Sep 21 06:58 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nokia Still Dead Or Will It Outlive BlackBerry? [View article]
    doggie -

You're entitled to your opinion.

"PERIOD. End of story"

Do people still say that about things of which they have no clue?
    Jul 22 01:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment