StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • Sirius XM Plans For Increasing Debt [View article]
    Sirifiar -

I much would have rather better execution where bankruptcy would have been off the table. You guys give him so much credit for having avoided bankruptcy - I don't get it.

It's like a small child playing with matches and sets the house on fire. Then you give him credit for running to the fire extinguisher and putting the fire out. But, you still have to file a claim later. Is that child a hero?
    Jun 9 07:28 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Plans For Increasing Debt [View article]
    CN -

Thanks for the article.

"Sirius XM will once again be facing choices about what to do with its free cash flow."

This seems odd considering that the company recently outlined plans in a very detailed presentation of how it plans to grow market share by focusing on a few key objectives, which includes (among others) improving customer service. I would think it would involve redeploying its cash to further those initiatives.

What are your thoughts on the idea that the company would increase its debt? Although I've discussed extensively about what I feel is the company's need to raise its base price next year, borrowing to fund content acquisition and/or securing exclusivity to certain key content, is another option.

I don't believe, though, that debt should be used to fund more share buybacks. It seems irresponsible. Plus I think it keeps Sirius on that "risk" threshold from a leverage standpoint, especially from potential investors that care about the cosmetics of a balance sheet. The company should be working its debts down, not adding more.

What are your thoughts?
    Jun 7 06:48 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Already Peaked [View article]
    Goodguy36 -

Stephen has his way and I have mine. I don't believe in sugarcoating things. You guys are smart investors and should be able to sort through the fluff. I agree that I can be a hard pill to swallow sometimes. But I'm good for you :-)
    Jun 4 09:46 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Sirius Fight Off Apple, Google And Pandora? [View article]
    Stephen -

" Nothing has changed since."

Really? Both Apple and Google have now officially entered the market?. I consider this a pretty significant change. And Pandora outgrew Sirius in this recent quarter in subscriber growth. The only thing that has not changed is how everyone still proclaims that Sirius has no competition.

Let me make this clear, I am bullish on Sirius. I have not hidden this fact in my recent articles. But someone has to be blind to makes claims such as "nothing has changed since" in referencing the premium audio market.
    Jun 4 05:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Does Not Need To Raise Prices [View article]
    dmdpsu -

I'm responding to comments made to me. Give me an example of how I've tried to muzzle anyone. I'm the one that seems to be getting the criticism for offering an opinion. If anyone can complain about being muzzled - it's me.
    May 30 08:47 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Does Not Need To Raise Prices [View article]
    Stephen -

"My understanding is that things are not supposed to be "made up?"

I agree. But saying Sirius needs to raise prices and offering supporting arguments does not qualify as "making up." I call it a suggestion. There are suggestions being tossed all around the internet as to whether or not Apple needs a cheaper iPhone or should the Fed continue the stimulus.

These topics are an important part of the social era. To suggest that "there's no place for it" and/or that it does not help investors, is wrong. If a writer wants to stay "safe" he/she talks about what has already been made public. But I will argue that public information does not help investors make money as much as what is unknown.
    May 30 02:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Does Not Need To Raise Prices [View article]
    kts9365 -

"StockSaints is just revisiting the same writing style he marketed"

I'm not sure what you mean by this. But I have moved on. TheStreet, Motley Fool, Forbes, CNBC, Yahoo! Finance, Daily Finance, MSN Money - all seem to love my writing. Ask them :-)
    May 30 01:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Does Not Need To Raise Prices [View article]
    mlr -

Have I been critical of management? I will say yes. But I don't think I've bashed Sirius without ever explaining why. I don't apologize for those views. But I will say that today Sirius is a great company and stock with better leaders. Because of this, I think the company is better positioned to execute a price increase.
    May 30 01:36 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM Needs To Raise Prices [View article]
    PRKM -

"why does this person like to continue to compare SiriusXm radio to Pandora."

I think it's because Sirius XM's management themselves compares Sirius to Pandora and other companies that are competing for listening ears such as Spotify and ClearChannel. They've done so as recent as last week. Take a look: http://1.usa.gov/175LFr7

"Pandora is losing money and will continue to lose money if it stays in business or is not bought out by google, Apple of maybe even highly unlikely Sirius."

That's not an accurate statement. Their recent Q1 report suggests otherwise.

"Raise prices with revenue continuing to increase maybe and increase to offset royalty fees, etc."

Can you elaborate more on this?

"But I just don't get where this writer thinks he knows more about satellite radio than those that are running the company."

I don't think I've made this claim. But I believe I've supported my reasons above for thinking that a rate increase is warranted.

"Or is this really Rocco or Cameron writing incognito wishing an increases will bring ruin to a company they have already said they despise?"

My name is Richard Saintvilus. I have written under the pseudonym Cameron Kaine in the past. I can't speak for Rocco, but I'm sure he'll agree that a price increase (if done correctly) are good for all companies, not just Sirius XM.

For the record, I don't despise Sirius and I never have. I've been highly critical of management to taking the company to the brink of bankruptcy and then giving 40% of the company away for peanuts.

However, today Sirius is completely different company on better fundamentals. I've changed my mind on the company - the same way that I've changed my mind on numerous other things. I respect that you've never had to change yours about anything.
    May 29 05:00 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stock Predictions For This Week [View article]
    combat -

"So, while the coffin is being upgraded, $MSFT keeps making more and more and more money...."

Nobody is debating this fact. But what has the stock done since 2000? The dividend has been good. But the stock has been dead money.
    May 28 01:30 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    radarthreat -

It's not "grammar niggling" but if someone is going to give advice suggesting that "I find the root causes" of anything, (while trying to be witty), it helps to not look foolish in the process.
    May 23 12:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nokia Or BlackBerry, Who Dies First? [View article]
    a_rob -

"If you could actually back up your opinions with hard facts then people could at least engage with you in meaningful discussion when they disagree with you"

Nokia recent first quarter report revealed a 20% decline in revenue. This decline also equated to 27% sequentially. Not only did Nokia miss revenue estimates, but I saw the extent of the miss (by 10%) as unnerving, given the continued struggles of the device business, which fell again backwards by 32% year over year.

Meanwhile, Samsung and Apple are enjoying 43% and 57% of the mobile market profits. Yet, you Nokia investors insist on the Windows OS, while ignoring that it's never going to make a dent in the market.

Meanwhile, you still insist on keeping Elop even though when he took over shares of Nokia were trading at $10. How's the company any better under his watch?

How about these facts? Now, you're going to tell me I'm only focusing on the negatives, right? Or perhaps "I should look beyond the numbers."

Look, I don't mind talking facts, I just haven't found any Nokia investor that hasn't told me to "ignore the numbers" and the stock is being "manipulated." The explanations for the company's low performance flow like water...
    May 23 12:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dump Nokia's Sad Ringtone, Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    Jacob -

"Must be nice to be him."

I look at myself every day and I love what I see. You get no disagreements from me here. However, it's not for the reasons you've stated. You're statements regarding "copy and pasting" are factually incorrect.

My first article covered Nokia's recent earnings report and I pointed out that the company was not making the sort of progress proclaimed by its investors. The numbers, which included year-over-year and sequential declines, were glaring. But as expected, I was asked to "look beyond the numbers."

My second article was a response to investors who insisted that my bearish thesis comprised of not looking at the company from within. So I pointed to the fact that Nokia was perhaps better off without Stephen Elop and chronicled his tenure. It compelled you to offer a response yourself. I didn't care enough to comment on your article.

This article, looks at Nokia's current state and the misconceptions that exists with its share price and the company's actual performance with its flagship Lumia line of phones, which the Street seems to not care about.

Now, have I used similar data points to strengthen my thesis? Perhaps. But to suggest that they are "copy and paste" is incorrect. I'm sorry that you have not had better luck getting your articles published. But it's not my fault.

Consider that maybe the editors declined them for other reasons. Here's a bit of advice, it's embarrassing to whine and admit your deficits publicly. It's even more embarrassing to show such envy. It's more productive to work on your craft and get better.

Good luck!
    May 19 08:09 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'll Buy Nokia If The Company Dumps Windows And Elop [View article]
    Niko,

I think the NSN segment is one of the strongest in any sector. In fact, I've argued that Nokia should grow that business to account for 30% of its revenue. If Elop can do that, while at the same time bring Nokia more latitude with other operating systems, I think Nokia will be fine. But the current arrangement with Microsoft only helps Microsoft while limiting Nokia's "mobility" - as ironic as it sounds.
    May 9 02:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • I'll Buy Nokia If The Company Dumps Windows And Elop [View article]
    La Rue,

You're right! As long as he stays, your shares are going nowhere...
    May 9 02:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment