StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • I'll Buy Nokia If The Company Dumps Windows And Elop [View article]
    yongshuai,

"Y hate, IMHO Elop is doing great job turning ship around, cut expense, setting up new lumia line, he's doing everything he can to help NOKIA raise again."

When he took over, the stock was at $10. It's hard to look at the glass half-full here. But your loyalty is admirable.
    May 9 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    doggie,

"I have provided clear evidence of it, via Nokia's Networking division."

It's actually a joint venture between Nokia and Seimens. For that matter NSN also posted a sequential decline, despite teh fact that it has been Nokia's strongest performing segment. So I wouldn't get excited here.

The company is operating at a loss. What is the debate about? Where's the excitement beyond the cheap price?
    May 8 05:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    RyanGadz,

"I think the author is just sad about AAPL in recent months, and trying to divert our attention away from their uninspiring product line and decreased margins."

Are you seriously attacking Apple's "uninspiring product line and decreased margins" to defend Nokia. Seriously???
    May 8 12:01 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    IanMan6,

You've nailed it! Best post so far!!!
    May 8 11:59 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    Jacob,

"NOK at today's price is a buy-and-hold for anyone with conviction that it's not going bankrupt."

"Conviction" in the absence of logic is certain to lead to regret. I appreciate your loyalty and wanting to be right, but at some point it has to manifest itself into better execution.
    May 8 11:58 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • BlackBerry Vs. Nokia Is Like Audi Vs. Kia [View article]
    LYogi,

It depends on what you mean by "pull."
    May 8 10:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stick A Fork In Nokia, Buy BlackBerry [View article]
    Duke67,

"Apple lost 40% value in just 4 months..."

Not sure what your point is here.

"I think you completely ignore the strenght of Windows 8 ecosystem"

Unfortunately so has many consumers and a meaningful portion of corporate enterprises.

"If Nokia manages Lumia product range properly"

I don't think they can. If you recall, Nokia launched the original Lumia 900 on Easter Sunday, one of the worst shopping days of the year. Even Microsoft and AT&T didn't talk them out of this.
    May 7 06:40 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sometimes Buying An Option Makes More Sense Than Buying The Underlying Stock [View article]
    Thanks for taking the time to read my article and for posting your thoughts.

I am going to take your comment one step further and suggest investors DON'T "dabble" in options. I write options everyday and options are to stocks like chess is to checkers.

In that sense we are very close in opinion. With that said, the strategy presented here is lower risk than a typical covered call. Most of the trade idea questions that are presented to me have a negative edge so it's more advantageous to not make the trade at all.

Lastly, for high volume big liquidity stocks (what most retail traders trade) selling cash covered puts is better due to transaction costs. There is a lot more to it than that, but its outside the scope of one reply comment.

Robert
    Sep 22 01:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Important iPhone 5 Release Details We're Ignoring [View article]
    Sick. As in awesome. Rad. Phat.

I "spotlight" it now because, for many consumers, the distinction between the three iPhone models presently available is not that great. I think iPhone 4 and 4S have the potential for a more meaningful impact.

By the way, if I hate Apple, I would love to see how I would act if loved them.

Today, I bought TWO iPhone 5s and I type on a Macbook Pro with Retina Display.
    Sep 14 11:25 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Closer Look Into The Sirius Acquisition From Agero [View article]
    Duke -

"why did the seller sell the business?"

It's often for the same reason that most home-owners sale their homes - to cash out and move on to the next great idea. Or management might have realized that they have maximized what they can effectively get out of that business. Or as you are implying, in reference to Apple, it could be that they don't wish to fight.

In either case, it's left up to Sirius to harvest what value it can get out of the acquisition. I have no idea what their plans are. But Agero doesn't hurt Sirius chances of fighting Apple. The real question is, how does it help?
    Sep 25 07:50 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • SoundExchange Sues Sirius XM For $100 Million - Should You Care? [View article]
    Way to cover it CN. Well done, as always!

Cheers!
    Aug 27 05:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • More Misinformation About The Sirius XM Share Buyback [View article]
    CN -

I think you have finally outdone yourself. This is your best work yet. I appreciate the time that you have put into this. After this article I don't think anyone can argue that you are indeed the authority on Sirius - although I don't believe it was ever a debate. You've been criticized as a "bear" for stating facts. Well, sometimes facts are hard to swallow. But they are good for us.
    Jul 30 07:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Should End The Steve Ballmer Experiment [View article]
    thenoffya -

"So when somebody with an MBA that has been studying a company says that the company will earn x dollars in the future, that's not predicting the future?"

No, it's not. In the the financial world, the terms to use are "projections" based on "outlook" and "guidance" that the company has provided. You make it sound as if they are telling us who will win the super bowl in 2018.

"Sure, they have more information than I do, or you do, or most anyone else waking up out of bed, but that doesn't imply any more correctness on their ability to predict what's going to happen."

What else does it imply? If someone has more information and is therefore more knowledgeable, I think it implies more inherent accuracy than those without the information. Are they right 100% of the time, no. But that's not enough to undermine their profession otherwise every weatherman in America should be fired.

"You stated yourself that MSFT didn't correctly predict what they would earn this quarter. How can you expect anyone else to be right?"

First, I expect MSFT to know their business better than anyone - thus the premise of this article. Second, it's not about being "right" - it's about demonstrating an ability to execute. And MSFT (Ballmer) has not shown this ability for more than a decade.
    Jul 22 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Nokia Still Dead Or Will It Outlive BlackBerry? [View article]
    doggie -

"I'm right and you're wrong... AGAIN."

[Announcer voice] Now, Tell him what he's won Johnny!
    Jul 22 03:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft Should End The Steve Ballmer Experiment [View article]
    thenoffya -

It's not average people that are just trying to predict the future. These are educated groups, typically with an MBA. And these are not extreme projections from one end to the other, but a consensus of many who in the past, have gotten Microsoft projections right.

So it seems as sour grapes to suddenly criticize their credentials. Let's not forget, many of these targets were based on Microsoft's own guidance, which the company also missed. And I don't buy into the notion that "analysts are wrong more than they are right." Besides, what does that have to do with Microsoft's brutal performance?
    Jul 22 01:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment