StockSaints

View StockSaints' Comments BY TICKER:
    Hi Bert,

Thanks for your kind words and for reading my article.

Keep in mind that margins are as likely to improve as they are to remain static or decline as some of the newer products initial costs pass.

The push into new LTE markets may continue margin pressure, but with the benefit of increasing sales. Hard to picture a losing quarter right now. I believe those warning about margins are not going to look so brilliant in six months when Apple has left sellers twisting in the wind

Jan 28 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks!
    Jan 28 05:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Dog,

Right you are. $NFLX is down 4.4% and $AAPL is up 2% today. I called $STX a buy Nov 30th along with $RSH http://bit.ly/1130uDg STX is up 60%

The real problem for you is you're lazy, and lazy people don't do well in the market. Had you put as much work into actually looking at my record instead of coming up with your "clever" comment you may have figured out there is a pattern to my calls. I have a newsletter that comes out once a week. This week is one year of market calls and two wrong calls in one year. both hedged with reasonable stop losses. http://bit.ly/wbmj9l

I'm also found here http://bit.ly/1130seC

Am I harsh? yes, more than usual, and while you may or may not take the wake up call, others reading might. Before you develop an opinion do your homework, the market is WAY too smart for you to fly by the seat of your pants.

For those that find 30% and 75% articles "useful" I recommend you sign up for penny stock newsletters, you will get your fill of "useful" articles. Decide what you want, either to make money or to get a thrill, you're not going to get both for long

Jan 28 05:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Scott,

You can expect they will.

Jan 28 05:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Relayer,

HFTers trade order flow and have little to zero long term price impact. Generally higher levels of liquidity result in greater pricing. So be careful how much you vilify HFTers, because if liquidity trends lower (trading volume is low relative to the last five years) it will most likely have a negative impact on valuation.

As a general rule, if you show me someone who points a finger at HFTers, I will be able to show you someone who is lagging the market.

Jan 28 05:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Fred,

Thanks, I appreciate that. Yes, sometimes what is needed is to review the simple things and add in market timing.

This isn't a failing company by any metric anyway. The price is lower due to the mechanics of the market (lack of short sellers covering, and negative press).

Respectfully,

Jan 28 11:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Kid,

Thanks for reading and for your kind words. This is a good area to add to a position in my opinion. I look at the market everyday and I don't see a better opportunity.

Jan 28 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Geost,

There are very few short sellers, but the few short sellers have been "right" ONLY if they shorted in a window of about three months in a period of 10+ years.

I went long about a week ago, so time will tell how that plays out for me. as someone who shorts over 90% of the time, I am very comfortable in my long position.

Jan 28 11:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Rich,

Yes, margins are important, but not in a single earnings quarter out of context.

Apple ramped up production of new products, AND again it's only one quarter. patterns are what matter and one data point is not a pattern.

time will tell if the stock bounces hard or not. I believe it will and you don't, that's what makes a market.

Jan 28 11:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello rperson,

Thanks for reading my article and sharing your thoughts.

We are on the same side of the fence so I mean no disrespect, but I would suggest you "don't know what is" (your words).

Nothing wrong with a fund liquidating some or all of their holdings. In the process it probably triggered some stops that further moved the price lower.

In many moves, both up and down, the biggest move is at the end. This is very common. The fact that it was a large fund doesn't mean much. If I didn't beat almost all funds year after year I wouldn't have a reason to self direct my investments.

Big <> good, and in fact most funds don't beat the market.

Jan 28 11:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Wizard,

Thanks for reading and your kind words. I too share your thoughts that it won't take six months, in fact I believe the bottom is here this week (timing of my article is not by accident). BUT and this is the big BUTT, I will still hold because I believe the bigger payoff will be found by holding.

With as many years as I have been at this, I have the experience of seeing this play out many times. 2008 and 2009 are recent examples, but I started out in the 80s. Getting older does have some advantages....lol

Jan 28 10:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Dave,

Thanks!! I appreciate that.

Jan 28 10:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Likely,

Thanks for reading and sharing your thoughts.

I can understand why you may come to your conclusion if you haven't done your homework.

It's not just the message that has meaning, but more importantly, the timing. I make a living as a market timer, and I welcome you to take a look at the price of apple now, and again in a few weeks and in a few months compared to the "other" articles. If you want a spoiler, and don't want to wait, take a look at my other article, especially in my own name over the last few years.

Jan 28 10:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Neri,

Thanks for reading and for your kind words.

I want to stress that at least for me, I believe it will be, BUT it doesn't matter because I entered into the position for the long term. It's why I didn't take a quick profit.

Jan 28 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Punkslaps Apple - Cook Makes Strategic Error [View article]
    "Pandora has never been a key partner with Apple in the way that Google has been."

Yeah, Steve Jobs used to just put anybody on stage with him. Give me a break.

And, no need for "all due respect"; clearly, this is one man's opinion. I never intended it to be anything else.
    Sep 23 09:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment