Suman Chatterjee

View Suman Chatterjee's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • What Nobody Tells You About Goldman Sachs [View article]
    Yes, if you look at the political factor, you can say that it can never go down.
    Jan 22 10:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Don't Know About The Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger [View article]
    The new company is just to make sure that the merged giant does not have over 30% of the market share.
    May 3 04:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Neutral About General Electric [View article]
    Conglomerate, high market cap and another blue chip stock to compare with! That's how.
    Mar 22 11:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carlyle To Make The Big Jump With IPO [View article]
    Do you really think Carlyle that weak?
    Sep 8 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Don't Know About The Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger [View article]
    Of course, Google fiber is not really fearsome right now. But it recently rolled out its services to 34 more cities, and I am pretty sure with the high speed, low cost and brand name of Google...it can rake up much of the market share in the future - THREAT!
    May 3 04:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What You Don't Know About The Comcast-Time Warner Cable Merger [View article]
    The intention to merge was right, according to me. But the purpose, the timing and the future potential is what concerns me.
    May 3 04:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Buffett's Decision To Buy Heinz At That Price [View article]
    Actually, I will try to write on the deal structure as well if I can. I am so sorry, but I was writing mainly as an answer to the article I mentioned above. And of course, the deal of the structure matters as well. Then again, if the value of the preferred or common shares fall, does the dividend payments matter any more? No, I guess. And if the total return on the equity keeps on growing without paying any dividend, it still doesn't matter. So, I guess it all depends on the fundamentals of the acquired company, for that will decide the future value of Buffett's investment and that's what I focused on in this article, preferred or not.
    Feb 18 06:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comcast Buys NBC Universal: Good Or Bad? [View article]
    Point noted!
    Feb 13 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Complete Financial Analysis Of Apple [View article]
    Yes, Tim Cook will have to don the "innovator" hat and give us something new in this or the next year. Apple needs to focus on product superiority. And perhaps the increased R&D expenses show Tim's concern as well.
    Jan 24 10:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Nobody Tells You About Goldman Sachs [View article]
    Valuations are done by you and me, my friend. And so they differ. Moreover, did you know you can buy favorable analyst research reports? As they say, you cannot predict what happens in the future. You can only see the present and say the present will be the future.
    Jan 22 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wait And Watch Citigroup [View article]
    Actually they are not, because they have been extracted directly from the financial statements or other press releases. Calculations can differ from person to person, as is always the case with accounting.
    Dec 8 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America, Legally Messed Up Right Now [View article]
    Oh my mistake, so sorry. As a human being, even I was confused with the millions and billions while writing the article. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will ask them to rectify it, and that's the reason why I always use reference links. :-)
    Nov 24 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America, Legally Messed Up Right Now [View article]
    Of course, it's still the second largest bank in the US. But if you look at the supplemental information, provided along with the financial statements, it definitely shows that deposits have gone down. Yes, it can be due to lesser money in the hands of the Americans or that people are putting their money somewhere else.
    Nov 24 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: Operating Margin Dwindles But What About Business Growth? [View article]
    Very right said, GFio!
    Aug 25 12:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Job Cuts Will Continue Till Housing Market Recovers [View article]
    @Gregman2 - You mean outsourcing? Yes, I definitely do. But can you seriously stop companies from maximizing their profits?
    Dec 15 03:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment