Suman Chatterjee

View Suman Chatterjee's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • What Nobody Tells You About Goldman Sachs [View article]
    Yes, if you look at the political factor, you can say that it can never go down.
    Jan 22 10:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I Am Neutral About General Electric [View article]
    Conglomerate, high market cap and another blue chip stock to compare with! That's how.
    Mar 22 11:49 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Carlyle To Make The Big Jump With IPO [View article]
    Do you really think Carlyle that weak?
    Sep 8 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Evaluating Buffett's Decision To Buy Heinz At That Price [View article]
    Actually, I will try to write on the deal structure as well if I can. I am so sorry, but I was writing mainly as an answer to the article I mentioned above. And of course, the deal of the structure matters as well. Then again, if the value of the preferred or common shares fall, does the dividend payments matter any more? No, I guess. And if the total return on the equity keeps on growing without paying any dividend, it still doesn't matter. So, I guess it all depends on the fundamentals of the acquired company, for that will decide the future value of Buffett's investment and that's what I focused on in this article, preferred or not.
    Feb 18 06:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Comcast Buys NBC Universal: Good Or Bad? [View article]
    Point noted!
    Feb 13 10:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Complete Financial Analysis Of Apple [View article]
    Yes, Tim Cook will have to don the "innovator" hat and give us something new in this or the next year. Apple needs to focus on product superiority. And perhaps the increased R&D expenses show Tim's concern as well.
    Jan 24 10:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Nobody Tells You About Goldman Sachs [View article]
    Valuations are done by you and me, my friend. And so they differ. Moreover, did you know you can buy favorable analyst research reports? As they say, you cannot predict what happens in the future. You can only see the present and say the present will be the future.
    Jan 22 10:36 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wait And Watch Citigroup [View article]
    Actually they are not, because they have been extracted directly from the financial statements or other press releases. Calculations can differ from person to person, as is always the case with accounting.
    Dec 8 12:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America, Legally Messed Up Right Now [View article]
    Oh my mistake, so sorry. As a human being, even I was confused with the millions and billions while writing the article. Thanks for pointing it out.

I will ask them to rectify it, and that's the reason why I always use reference links. :-)
    Nov 24 08:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Bank Of America, Legally Messed Up Right Now [View article]
    Of course, it's still the second largest bank in the US. But if you look at the supplemental information, provided along with the financial statements, it definitely shows that deposits have gone down. Yes, it can be due to lesser money in the hands of the Americans or that people are putting their money somewhere else.
    Nov 24 08:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Salesforce.com: Operating Margin Dwindles But What About Business Growth? [View article]
    Very right said, GFio!
    Aug 25 12:25 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Job Cuts Will Continue Till Housing Market Recovers [View article]
    @Gregman2 - You mean outsourcing? Yes, I definitely do. But can you seriously stop companies from maximizing their profits?
    Dec 15 03:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Go For MGIC? [View article]
    Haleiwahu - We, investors, focus on two main things: capital appreciation and increased income. We don't really focus on the price of the stock, rather its ability to grow over time. And that's what I am unsure of in MGIC case. So, call me coward, but just to walk on the safe line, I would think twice before investing in them. And regarding the daily ups and downs, can't really say anything about the market sentiment, right? But yes, I would like to know if you have any idea about it.
    Sep 2 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Invesco: Reasons To Be Hopeful [View article]
    Hermit, Thanks for your comment. Please follow the article. That should clarify what 'it' is. In fact, the previous sentence is the 'it' for you help.

And unfortunately, I am NO GOD, just an investor writing for another investor. So yes, I can only say that this might happen. But cannot really assure you, I am so sorry.

But yes, I won't stop you from enlightening me and our valuable readers. Please add in whatever you want to. We appreciate it.
    Aug 29 03:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should You Go For MGIC? [View article]
    Psarid, oh, I did speak of the declining revenues and losses, didn't I? So, you mean to say that since you have waited this long, you should wait a bit further. Well yes, I do agree with your point. But if the housing market deteriorates further or takes a longer time than expected to revert back, do you think the price can go even more down? That should result in even more losses for the investors. But yes, thanks for your precious comment. You complement my article. Thanks.
    Aug 29 03:23 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment