This user currently has no profile.
A fund manager who cut his cloth in Schroders London. He joined Coronation South Africa in 1998, running the Smaller Companies Fund which had the best 5-yr record in the sector during his tenure. In 2005 he left Coronation to pursue his passion in writing (and invest without constraints). He recently completed his first novel, a financial thriller called "White Man's Numbers" which can be purchased from Lulu.com and Amazon. Highly acclaimed, See excerpt and reviews on website link below.
- Description: Occasional investor.
- Interests: Stocks - long, Stocks - short
searching . . . for the oracle in troubled times
White Man's Numbers Ravi, a young ambitious Indian financial analyst, is sent to South Africa by Pluto Asset Management (PAM), an emerging force in fund management in London. He relocates with his boss; Christopher is a legend not because he can distance his emotions from the market, but because he has no emotions to distance. ...More
PAM also sends Margaret, a walking femme-fatale, and Jacob, a black graduate, whose father is connected to the SA government, to spearhead the office. In South Africa Ravi has an investor’s Midas touch; he discovers companies with grossly undervalued properties, dot.com potential ten-baggers, e-wallets that will transform banking and he rides their ascent. Even better, he finds himself blissfully in love. But all is not as it seems. Treachery, corruption and insider trading lurk behind the shiny corporate façade, where fortunes are made not only by stock picking, but on the nod of a crooked politician, or the fantasies of a serial-optimist CEO. Soon Ravi finds himself not only fighting for his job, but for his life. “Sunil shares inside knowledge of the money game by morphing his story into an imaginative fictional thriller. Very much in Geraint Anderson’s Cityboy tradition. Sunil deserves the same plaudits. And with this book, is sure to receive them.”–Alec Hogg, Founder and CEO of Moneyweb, South Africa’s premier financial and business website
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
$EBIX huge spike at close. Is news imminent on the SEC investigation? The tiniest light that negates Gotham's absurd accusations = 20$/share Oct 22, 2013
Latest Comments more »
- short ratio is 55% ! of fre... on Ebix - Short Squeeze In Play
- Short ratio is now 54% of f... on Ebix: Navigating Through The Legal Maze To The ...
- thanks for the info Seattle... on Ebix: New Problems Emerge In Singapore, Sweden ...
- ON SWEDEN:<br>Gotham ... on Ebix: New Problems Emerge In Singapore, Sweden ...
- The new spin is on Sweden. ... on Ebix: New Problems Emerge In Singapore, Sweden ...
Latest comments on Sunil's Articles
- p2invest on Ebix: Navigating Through The Legal Maze To The ...
- Sunil Shah on Ebix: Navigating Through The Legal Maze To The ...
- teejii on Ebix: Navigating Through The Legal Maze To The ...
- sstonerm3 on Ebix: Navigating Through The Legal Maze To The ...
- nswanberg on Ebix: Navigating Through The Legal Maze To The ...