Suresh Gupta

View Suresh Gupta's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Upcoming Data For Athersys Crucial, But Not In Terms Of Immediate Share Price [View article]
    I think 'most' think the price will jump higher on the release of the data and sustain a new range. I can't tell you how high other people think it will go, but that doesn't matter. My assumption is that they think the jump higher, however high that jump will be, will be sustained.

If results are obviously spectacular, a new trading range will be established. But I am not expecting obviously spectacular results. I'm expecting something guardedly positive, at which point I do think the stock will jump up, but then a few days later come back down to around where it is now.

I'd rather not get caught in a short term jump because it's hard to time, and I don't trade these kinds of stocks. I'm waiting for the big sustained move, which again, I think will come with confirmatory data around July-October.

When exactly, I do not know.
    Apr 10 09:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've read that other article by Louis, and I'm really not sure why people are comparing me with that hatchet job. That was a clearly negative piece, whereas I am overall optimistic about the company and am considering taking a long position in June. I just happen to think that the big sustained move will happen then, and am holding off for the next two months, following my own advice.

Let me clarify - I DO believe the upcoming results will move the stock and there will be a sharp increase in trading volume that day and possibly 2 or 3 days afterward. I do NOT believe that the move will be sustained beyond that very short term wiggle that is bound to happen. If it shoots up, it will shoot back down. If it drops down, it will head back up to around the current range.

The sustained move in my humble opinion, will only happen around July/October. And I believe, like many of you, that it will be up.

For now, though, I am waiting. I hope that clarifies things.
    Apr 8 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Mike -

My expectations are positive in that I believe the phase 2 will succeed ultimately. But I don't think it will effect the stock until somewhere between July and October, which is why I am waiting until then to go long. We'll find out if I'm right then.

Regarding what people are commenting here about the trial is "already a success," I refer you to this gem on SA about Vical's phase 3 for Allovectin, which was billed as "the best phase 3 results ever". The trial failed completely only days later.

I am optimistic, but expectations are too high for me at the moment. I've been through this before.

Apr 8 09:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am not a mind reader. I am a comment reader. Before I even thought about writing this article, I took a look at the sentiment on the stock as roughly measured by SA commenters. As this is an open forum and very highly trafficked, I find it is a good approximation of sentiment. ATHX commenters tend to be very emotional and claim inside knowledge often, and comments come in droves whenever something is published on the company - pats on the back if positive, very caustic attacks if negative. This tells me what most people who hold the stock believe.

Most people believe that the stock will jump in response to the results, which most believe will be clearly and unambiguously positive. I am not convinced.
    Apr 7 02:31 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    It's not my chart. It's a screen shot from Athersys's website. They should update it, I agree.
    Apr 7 02:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    As I replied to Fibonacci above, if you know that MAPC's take effect in humans right away, then you are privy to knowledge nobody else on Earth is. I applaud your ability in that case.

Suresh
    Apr 7 02:25 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Fibonacci -

It sounds like you know all the results already before any are published. Good job.

Suresh
    Apr 7 02:23 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Government Money Is Killing Electric Cars: Car Charging Group Vs. Ecotality [View article]
    I get your point. My answer would be no, because most of the capital investment in the network has already been done by Ecotality. CCGI picked it up so cheap that to run it profitably will be very possible.
    Dec 5 03:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    thanks for the vindication, darkstar. Government funding IS a fundamental issue. Unfortunately, it is also a political one (the only one, actually) but that should not make it taboo for discussion on forums like Seekingalpha
    Dec 3 03:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Amarantus' LymPro May Be More Crucial For Alzheimer's Treatment Than We Think [View article]
    The study record at clinicaltrials.gov says the following, cut and paste:

The mutations in presenilin 1 (PSEN1), presenilin 2 (PSEN2) and amyloid precursor protein (APP) that are associated with autosomal dominant Alzheimer's disease have very high penetrance (near 100%).
    Oct 26 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I am aware of MANF, though I tried to keep this focused on LymPro as it is more proven at this point. Those who are interested in the rest of the Amarantus pipeline can look at Napodano's article.
    Oct 25 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There's no rush. It's not about to move dramatically any time soon in my opinion, but volume will start picking up into 2014. I would consider taking a position before then.
    Oct 25 09:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Jason, I appreciate it coming from you. If not for your piece I wouldn't have looked any deeper into it.

Suresh
    Oct 25 09:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 BioPharmas With Near-Term Catalysts [View article]
    Lots of mid-level progress with glioblastoma coming up. Agenus just reported a 160% increase in PFS for GBM patients on prophage. 222 patient trial. Pretty big.
    Oct 13 05:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Yellen Fed: Invest With The Flow [View article]
    "I believe that she will "taper" the Fed's current bond purchasing program in a systematic and steady manner. And, she will explain in that way. As far as investment within this environment is concerned, one must work with the fact that the Fed will err on the side of creating more credit than needed."

Mr. Mason - respectfully, these sentences are mutually contradictory. One cannot "taper" and at the same time err on the side of creating more credit. The two things are mutually exclusive.

Yellen will increase the monetary base even faster than Greenspan and Bernanke did. Volcker was the only one to shrink it. When all is said and done, either one expands the money supply, or one shrinks it. Yellen will expand it. And the result will be stagflation.
    Oct 13 04:55 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment