Suz Smith

View Suz Smith's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Fertilize In The Fall To Harvest A Nice Dividend - CVR Partners Pays You In 3 Ways [View article]
    Thanks Danonc! I'm going to be more active in my articles. I appreciate you following along. I also do a free blog: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Nov 25, 2012. 09:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Steel Stocks Are Heavy But Not Dead Weight - Let Options Lighten The Load [View article]
    Love your handle there Smokey :0
    Nov 10, 2012. 11:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    That is an interesting idea - something I would consider if I weren't already long common. I love it when people take an idea and make it their own. Good job!! Thanks for reading :)
    Oct 31, 2012. 12:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Mikier,
    In my opinion the earnings reports have been better than most expected - X just reported but the markets were not open for me to judge the reaction. Thanks for reading!!
    Oct 30, 2012. 01:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Rip2451, you are correct it is a MLP and that there are special tax situations - "trader accountants" are well versed in this and can help you at the end of the year if you have questions as to how to handle the gains. Thanks for reading!
    Sep 17, 2012. 10:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Keeping It Simple- A Quick And Easy Options Trade On Apple [View instapost]
    I keep AAPL spreads in my portfolio in many way shapes and forms - it is a staple trade for me so the short answer is yes, I will have some sort of AAPL trade going into the announcement. I do think AAPL will be a sell the news event, so my trade will have that factored in.
    Sep 3, 2012. 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Seth, I have exited my entire AAPL directional position - I had the Jan 2013 $600 calls. I hold a decent size position of bull put spreads that start at $600 & below. If we get a decent correction, I would look to reestablish a position, this time using the Jan 2013 $650 calls.
    Aug 31, 2012. 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Nothing Is Ever Free, But This Trade On McMoRan Might Be Close [View article]
    From your mouth to his ears LOL! Thanks for reading!
    Aug 21, 2012. 09:16 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Digging In For An Easy Options Trade [View article]
    Great additions to the article! I do condors on XOM as a portfolio staple. Range trading stocks are great for condors. Thanks for reading!
    Aug 21, 2012. 09:13 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time Tested Advice For Trading Directional Options [View instapost]
    Thanks friend - hopefully this article will help others to find their way. Thanks for reading!
    Aug 17, 2012. 09:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Digging In For An Easy Options Trade [View article]
    Hi Yayo, thank you so much for the kind words! Make sure to follow on twitter @SuzyQ76022
    Aug 16, 2012. 09:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Trade On Huntsman - Low Price And Big Potential [View article]
    Book value is $7.94 - generally there is a premium involved to get the deal done. The point of the article is that the stock has a setup, and if I wind up with a stock only position, in the event of a takeover I believe it would bring more than my base price on the stock.
    Aug 15, 2012. 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trading Primer: SUZ'S RULES FOR DIRECTIONAL OPTIONS [View instapost]
    Hi Jaques, you can find me here:

I do an instablog as well as premium articles - all off of my home page. Come on over and join the gang!!
    Aug 15, 2012. 01:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi David,
    I chose it for a couple of reasons. First, I want to own MMR at $9, therefore I need to have the available capital to cover it if assigned.

Second, unless you have a super great deal on commissions, they will eat up your profits - remember most folks have to pay a ticket fee plus a per contract fee. A spread would double those costs if you had to exit.
    Aug 15, 2012. 01:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Trade Idea: Digging In For An Easy Options Trade [View article]
    You've asked the golden ticket question. I have a "stable" of stocks as my go to source, and I also monitor the biggest gainers/losers on the day to see if I can exploit extreme weakness or strength. I look at about 100 charts a day/night to see what is at support, what is at resistance etc. As a for instance, AAPL printed a gravestone doji on the day which could represent the reversal candle. As far as the November AAPL goes, I go as low as possible to get a decent premium for the least risk possible. I'm down in the 560/555 range for .95...here's why. Look at the chart of PCLN on earnings and the day after. That could just as easily be AAPL. Just sayin', don't let juicy premiums lull you into feeling "safe". Your job is to make the most money you can for the least risk available.
    Aug 14, 2012. 08:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment