Takeover Analyst

View Takeover Analyst's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Chesapeake Energy Creates $34 Billion Of Value At A Net Cost Of Zero [View article]
    I too am bullish on this stock: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Oct 6, 2011. 02:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Steve Jobs Has Passed Away [View article]
    I am very saddened by his passing. My article on AAP was poorly timed in regards to this. He has left an indelible positive mark on technology and society.
    Oct 5, 2011. 09:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Farewells To Steve Jobs [View article]
    Jobs was an incredible business visionary. I am very saddened by his passing. With that said his impact lives on.
    Oct 5, 2011. 09:24 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Overblown Spill Spells An Undervalued BP [View article]
    You get a "Like" for that comment.
    Oct 4, 2011. 12:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • An Overblown Spill Spells An Undervalued BP [View article]
    BP is a company that is incentivized to maximize total surplus. "Cutting corners" is rhetoric, in my view, for trying to be efficient based on a benefit-cost analysis. BP's wealth creation will far exceed the social devastation.
    Oct 4, 2011. 11:01 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accretion Gone Bad: 3M Should Consider A Breakup [View article]
    3m gets roughly one-third of its sales from new products. My estimates are measured against those provided by other analysts and are in-line.
    Sep 27, 2011. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Accretion Gone Bad: 3M Should Consider A Breakup [View article]
    You do not feel that among the 60K-some products into package together some sort of spin-off or sale? My feeling is that there are areas of low-growth that could be maximized elsewhere. Below is a relevant article published in 2007:

Sep 27, 2011. 08:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakup At Kraft Foods To Grow Shareholder Value [View article]
    Wow! It is great have your thoughts on this article. To what extent, if any, do you feel that increased scale would lead to inefficiencies offsetting synergies for Kraft?

Also--nice blog. As I restructure my own over the next few days, I will try somehow to integrate an RSS feed.
    Sep 26, 2011. 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: Undervalued Stock In Need Of Restructuring [View article]
    I am no longer an owner of PG, but I have done well with it in the past. Just as a note, other analysts have been a little harder on management than what is described herein.
    Sep 26, 2011. 07:52 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: Undervalued Stock In Need Of Restructuring [View article]
    Thanks for adding this--good to mention.
    Sep 26, 2011. 04:08 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of The Apple, Inc. Craze [View article]
    You raise some good points here. I consider myself something close to an Apple evangelical for their MacBook. The computer works much quick and better than Windows. That said, I see that Microsoft can replicate much of this going forward.

Also, a 12.5x future PE is overvalued compared to peer multiples. Statements like "There are things you can do on a 10" screen that just aren't possible or convenient on a 3.5" screen" are, while certainly true, a bit amusing.
    Sep 26, 2011. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of The Apple, Inc. Craze [View article]
    Lol, no, their products are cooler than "pet rocks", although not as cute. I consider it a craze when professors buy iPads to improve "teaching performance", for example.
    Sep 26, 2011. 02:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Future Of The Apple, Inc. Craze [View article]
    Thanks for adding this comment. I believe that it has been held back from its potential...
    Sep 26, 2011. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs Market Expectations [View article]
    Thanks for adding these thoughts to the page. The reason why I left out the Blankfein-hiring-a-lawyer bit was because I am trying to stay away from publishing ideas that have already received enough attention. With that said, I always think it is good idea to recap the important points.
    Sep 25, 2011. 11:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Struck Natural Gas, Or Chesapeake's Immeasurable Upside [View article]
    If you are a fan of CHK or Seeking Alpha, please consider to LinkedIn Share or Facebook Like this article. The article has received more attention than most of my other articles and will greatly benefit the natural gas industry and cause if it gets out there more.
    Sep 25, 2011. 12:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment