Takeover Analyst

View Takeover Analyst's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Struck Natural Gas, Or Chesapeake's Immeasurable Upside [View article]
    It is such a shame that politics has to be infused into this industry, but I remain firm that natural gas will fare well in this respect.
    Sep 23 07:31 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Microsoft To Unlock Synergistic Value Through Cloud Integration [View article]
    Yes, good argument. I want to make a point that MSFT is trying to unlock its "potential", not that it hasn't already unlocked some revenue and cost synergies. I feel that the cloud applications will deliver even more synergies and that is something Apple will struggle to do.
    Sep 23 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • As Bing Bleeds Billions, Microsoft Applies A Tourniquet [View article]
    This is a well-written post from headline to finish. I was always curious about Bing's performance and it is very helpful to read this. Thanks.
    Sep 23 01:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix Is Unlikely To Be An Activist Target [View article]
    Just curious, who are you referring to when you write "You guys"? I assume the management at Netflix, which appears slightly frazzled.
    Sep 22 06:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Citigroup Undervalued? [View article]
    This post has received a lot of replies, which makes me pleased. If you wouldn't mind helping me and Seeking Alpha out, please Facebook "like" or "+1" this post--it would mean a lot. It would be nice to have even more dialogue. It is my hope that the comments section of my articles could end up being pseudo-articles in their own rights. Thanks for any support.
    Sep 21 02:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Citigroup Undervalued? [View article]
    I think you make a strong point... one cannot emphasis the moral hazard issue. Regardless of how many times the government says "oh, you're on your own", in actuality,... "no, not really". A potential breakup could be proposed, but nothing devastating for shareholders.
    Sep 21 02:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Note To Buffett Fans: Don't Confuse RIM And Netflix With Value Plays [View article]
    Lol, very good.
    Sep 21 01:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I agree with your critique and analysis, Rocco--great post. I wrote one on activist Jaguar's attempt to unlock value through a sale of RIM. What are your thoughts on a possible strategic play?
    Sep 21 01:14 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2011 Operating Projections For General Electric [View article]
    I meant for "reviews" to take place around early December. Sorry for the confusion.
    Sep 20 02:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Citigroup Undervalued? [View article]
    I think, as you said, "the accounting complexity of not just this, but all large banks prevents prospective investors from taking the plunge" is definitely true. Nevertheless, investors will eventually realize that the fundamentals of the US banking system are the strongest in the world, possibly in history. Risk may always be a component, but I don't foresee a any change in lead.
    Sep 17 02:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris International: Attractive, Undervalued Growth Stock [View article]
    The "plain packaging" proposal certainly won't be helpful, but the market may likely exaggerate the effects. PM has a substantial market share in Australia, above 15% - it will not lose a great deal of customers from being denied the ability to put a zoomy logo. There is a possibility that customers could just switch to the top brand name (which is PM) versus making a buying decision based on marketing appeal. I see the effects being negative, but minimal.

I don't see the "plain packaging" proposal spreading significantly to other countries, particularly the ones that will be important for PM's growth.
    Sep 16 11:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    My turn: I do not believe that PMI will lose market share in Japan. Once they attract a market, loyalty is strong and new entrants will have difficulty changing that.

As for the moral issue... Regulations have been egregious of late--to the point of being, in my opinion, cruel and unusual for tobacco companies. I stand behind PMI and their terrific management. Consumers have a right to make choices. Buying shares in a secondary market also does not effect operating performance.
    Sep 16 10:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix To Face An Uphill Battle In Beating Expectations [View article]
    I canceled my subscription to the DVD rentals, but still have the Instant Watch option. Any economics course will tell you that each individual buyer has their own willingness to buy that forms an aggregate demand curve. NFLX is losing customers not only because of that reality, but also because customers feel cheated and were reminded of what a simple Google search could provide.
    Sep 16 06:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Netflix To Face An Uphill Battle In Beating Expectations [View article]
    While I think Starz had a nice selection of movies, the price they were asking to charge NFLX for the content was egregious (estimated up to $350 million/ year from $30M a year). To be honest, I think they will end up renewing the contract for a lower cost to NFLX.
    Sep 16 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The New York Times: Strong, Sustainable Company With Turnaround Potential [View article]
    Lol @ Sanibel and wdjax0n. Believe me, I do not care personally for the newspaper's slant, but so long as you associate them with that slant they will carve out a market. Irony aside, liberalism sells. News Corp has been doing better in attracting a market.
    Sep 16 06:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment