Takeover Analyst

View Takeover Analyst's Comments BY TICKER:
  • For Those Shopping For Target Stock [View article]
    Thanks for pointing that out! As the economy picks up over the next years, increased discretionary spending will boost the return.
    Sep 16 06:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Philip Morris International: Attractive, Undervalued Growth Stock [View article]
    I think investors might be afraid of litigation (which IMO is a non-issue for PMI) and competition abroad. The Euro crisis is assuredly holding the stock price down, but this is attractive for value investors that realize the market is exaggerating the situation while undervaluing the fundamentals.
    Sep 16 06:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • McDonald's: A Stock I'm Lovin' [View article]
    MCD is a great stock at a great price. I especially think it is a company to own as a "long-term investment" in agreement with deedubs' comment.
    Sep 16 02:33 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potential Under Armour Buyout Would Be Positive For Nike [View article]
    I made the fix. Thank you!
    Sep 16 02:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Textbook Case Of Activism At McGraw-Hill? [View article]
    roadwarriors57, Jana said that it will review MHP's decision to split into two. I interpret the fact that their emergence began 3 weeks ago as indicative of the activist catalyzing this decision. Thanks for pointing that out the timing to readers!
    Sep 15 02:17 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Activist Jaguar Pounces On Research In Motion [View article]
    marv09, that is an interesting point of view. I am optimistic, however, about Page as CEO. Sure, he is chiefly a tech genius, but I also think he has a great vision for the company and a solid understanding of the operations. The company is trying to "branch off" and I think that its venture in social networking is something to definitely watch.

And about Jaguar: I have never heard about this activist before, but I can say that activists have been successful owning <5%, see: Barington at Ameron, for example (although, in truth, a lot of luck took place there). Relational invests in a lot of mega-cap companies with often less than 1%. At the end of the day, it will be about Jaguar articulating a solid thesis for RIM. What do you think?
    Sep 14 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Activist Jaguar Pounces On Research In Motion [View article]
    I recall a comment from someone on SA earlier about RIM, arguing that it was the most "obvious short". I am not so sure about that and would not take that position. I think that it has some solid value behind its patents.
    Sep 14 02:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Textbook Case Of Activism At McGraw-Hill? [View article]
    CORRECTIONS: 1st paragraph - McGraw-Hill Markets expects sales of $4B (earlier wrote $1B).

4th paragraph - The company is REVIEWING its current $1B cost base
    Sep 14 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Finding Value Among Regional Airlines [View article]
    I am fearful of the sustainability of the US aviation industry given the unions and manufacturing costs. I see this maybe as a short-term play... not for me as a long-term value investor.
    Sep 13 09:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Modest Gains After Volatile Session [View article]
    Woong, I find this strange as well. What do you think is driving these gains? Perhaps it is related to the jobs bill, although I see a lot of flaws in that.
    Sep 13 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment