Talley Leger

• S&P 500 Earnings Surprises Revert To Their Mean [View instapost]
    It's possible we could see expanding multiples and falling earnings, but that usually happens during either a mid-cycle slowdown or a recession. Sorry to use the "R" word.
    Jun 10 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500 Earnings Surprises Revert To Their Mean [View instapost]
    Thanks for reading, Dibber. Glad you enjoyed it. Agreed on multiples. Typically, there's been an inverse relationship between the level of earnings and multiples. If earnings keep growing at a trend pace, I wouldn't be surprised to see some modest multiple compression.

Talley
    Jun 9 11:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakdown Or Breakout: Comparing Spring '11 With Spring '12 [View article]
    Thanks and I couldn't agree more.
    May 4 09:18 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • S&P 500 Earnings Surprises Revert To Their Mean [View instapost]
    Please check out my new Instablog post:
    S&P 500 Earnings Surprises Revert To Their Mean
    (http://seekingalpha.co...).
    May 1 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakdown Or Breakout: Comparing Spring '11 With Spring '12 [View article]
    Many thanks. I agree with you ... I just wanted to leave the (rhetorical) question open for readers to answer for themselves as you did.
    Apr 30 11:55 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakdown Or Breakout: Comparing Spring '11 With Spring '12 [View article]
    Thank you. We never know exactly when a shock will hit or what form it will take, but we can definitely get a sense for when the market is vulnerable to one.
    Apr 30 05:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Breakdown Or Breakout: Comparing Spring '11 With Spring '12 [View article]
    Thanks. It's a big debate right now. Time will tell.
    Apr 30 05:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What If Risk Assets Are Heading Lower, Not Higher? [View article]
    Here you go:

Apr 24 10:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • What If Risk Assets Are Heading Lower, Not Higher? [View article]
    Thanks, I'm glad you liked it. Unfortunately, I'm no technician so I'm not targeting a certain level on the S&P 500. In the context of this article, I prefer to think about it in terms of volatility. To me, the market would start looking a lot more interesting if the VIX spiked into the 20s or 30s.
    Apr 23 11:13 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment