Taxing Wall Street

View Taxing Wall Street's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Will These 2012 High Fliers Continue To Soar? [View article]
    I am long PCLN and AAPL. I do not believe that either of these stocks are overvalued relative to their growth rates. This doesn't meant they can't pull back in the near term, however, I believe longer term, both stocks will continue higher.
    Apr 2, 2012. 03:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time To Hedge: 5 Stocks To Sell Short [View article]
    I can't believe I am agreeing with you about CMG. I trimmed my position down 85 percent this week. I have been a long time CMG bull, but even at these levels, its too rich for me. I still think shorting it based on valuation is not the right call. One is better waiting for a true crack in the story before shorting. Last quarter CMG had a few cracks, but as recent price action has shown, there are still consistent buyers even at these levels. I have no position in amazon. But, I also believe that there are buyers around the 175-180. You can probably scalp 15 points of amazon from here. CRM is too rich for me, and I can't see why anyone is buying linked in. Good article.
    Mar 30, 2012. 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    Let me clarify, my cost basis is not 890%, that's off low. Was on ipad at gym and lost train of thought. My apologizes. I still have nice gain, and will be taking profits Monday on gauchos suggestion. Only time will tell which way stock will go. gl with your posistion.
    Jan 16, 2012. 06:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    I trade around my position quite a bit using covered calls, and some stock replacement by selling puts to get long at lower levels. My average cost basis is 890, that doesn't mean I haven't taken profits. Thanks for the insult though.
    Jan 14, 2012. 01:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chipotle Mexican Grill: Why I'm Skeptical, And Short [View article]
    Another flimsy arguement at best. Just so everyone knows, this guy has been spitting this nonsense since 180. I'm a chipotle bull and continue to be. Short sellers are always arrogant and stubborn than longs. The only real arguement is valuation and if they can continue an accelerated growth rate. If the story cracks I will get out, but after an 890% gain. If one doesn't want to be long, I understand. However, don't short this company...
    Jan 14, 2012. 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 6 Former Tech Stock Darlings Poised To Double [View article]
    nflx going bankrupt this year
    Dec 19, 2011. 02:54 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Highly Shorted Stocks To Buy, 3 To Sell [View article]
    I agree with NFLX and GRPN. NFLX is a secular short to 20 and I think even at those levels, it might not be a takeout target. Netflix is going to lose money this year and when a company decides to purchase NFLX, they are buying about 3.8 billion in debt for mediocre content at best. GRPN is just a joke. When GOOG decides to enter the space aggressively, they will win. GOOG has so much cash on hand that they can pay vendors back in 2-3 days instead of GRPN which pays them back between 60-90. The fact that they can pay vendors faster will eventually lead to GOOG getting better deals. Also, when they interviewed the CFO on CNBC, he made me feel less than confident that he has any clue about how to grow this business. I am short both.
    Dec 18, 2011. 03:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Apple the 'Short of the Century'? [View article]
    I remember when this guy was on CNBC. He called AAPL the short of the century, but then, in full disclosure said that he did not have a position in the stock. Making a ridiculous call is one thing, but having enough conviction to put on the trade is another. He was there purely for TV time. A year from now, if he is right, they have him back and he looks like a genius. But most likely, he gets lost in the shuffle with every other bogus calls that ignorant strategists make. I am long AAPL.
    Dec 18, 2011. 03:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why You Should Avoid These Overvalued Stocks [View article]
    I agree with all but CMG. I am still long CMG. But I am short NFLX, NFLX is a secular short to 15, I am short AMZN, although I think longer term AMZN will be ok, and I am short linked-in which I think is an Ultimate Bubble waiting to burst. Against these I am long AAPL, GOOG, and am putting in for ZYENGA IPO. I think that is a much better company than LNKD. Also short GRPN.
    Dec 10, 2011. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Stocks To Spend $5,000 (Or Less) On [View article]
    Nice article. I am long AAPL, GOOG, and MCD
    Dec 8, 2011. 05:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Priceline Will Come Out On Top From Its Recent Volatility [View article]
    I agree. I am long PCLN and have been for a while. PCLN still trades at fairly large discount to its growth rate. I think it has been trading poorly lately due to the uncertainty out of Europe, the potential loss of a currency tailwind, and the symmetry in the long term chart that causes people to sell around 548-565. I believe that if some of the European problems are solved and it breaks through resistance, it will rise fast to 620. Nice article. On a side note, I always like a company with good marketing and advertising. All the other travel sites' commercials blend together, but everyone knows the negotiator. They have done well with that marketing campaign.
    Dec 8, 2011. 10:08 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Apple Bubble Is Ready To Burst [View article]
    Poor opinions that are supported by zero facts..
    Nov 29, 2011. 02:39 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Short Candidates [View article]
    like I said, how are my pair trades working the last two days?.?.?.taking a few profits
    Sep 20, 2011. 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Short Candidates [View article]
    try...PNRA instead of CMG, NFLX instead of PCLN and SINA instead of BIDU...If I am correct, you have been short CMG since 150, how is that working out for you?
    Sep 19, 2011. 10:02 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Using Friday's Options Activity To Get Ready For Monday's Market [View article]
    I'm short rimm and nflx also. NFLX is going to be a 70 dollar stock 3 months from now.
    Sep 16, 2011. 10:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment