Techknowledgy

View Techknowledgy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    I'm not even sure the point of this comment, RycheMykol. But, to clarify: I don't use either of terms with any negativity.

If you're not a fanboy or a cult member, then, good, I suppose. Some people really are, and that's fine too.

It doesn't make a difference. I just wanted to acknowledge that there are people in the world who love Apple because it's Apple. The same goes for many companies.

I don't even know what your BMW statement means. Regardless, hope I cleared things up a bit. Thanks!
    Jan 29, 2013. 02:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    I am a proud owner of an Android device, bgold1955. I am not a huge fan of iPhones at all, to be honest. But I acknowledge and respect their ability to establish a cult following.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Jan 29, 2013. 01:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Global Smartphone Trends Leave Little Room For RIM [View article]
    Sorry to say, but this is an amateur statement, LoganSix.

Depending on a small percentage of a larger, in this case, global market has never been a solid form of reasoning because it lacks pragmatism.

Only 15% of a global market is NOT a small number, especially while we're considering the sales of bleeding-edge technology as a premium product. RIM isn't thinking, "oh, we only need to this much..."

They're more than likely trying to announce an amazing platform to compensate for their EXTREMELY late entrance to the game. Unfortunately however, the world doesn't work solely on what you'd think is logical flow, it works around the actions of human beings.
    The idea that 15% of the global smart phone market is going out there to buy this brand-new, unfamiliar, and polarizing technology is not likely the case. However, these are just opinions.
    Let's hope for the best, and time will tell!
    Jan 29, 2013. 01:04 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    Time will indeed tell, DanPen!

Thanks for the feedback!
    Jan 29, 2013. 12:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    Thanks, Vlad! The BYOD trend is an interesting one, and I'm sure that all those who follow RIM are excited (for better or worse) to see how it will affect BB10 sales.
    Jan 29, 2013. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    Thanks for the fix, eyhab27! I mean it; I'd never want to give out misinformation. Regardless, I think paying 3.4M for 34k apps is not exactly great news.

The rest is all opinion of course; so we'll see how it all works out.

Thanks for the feedback!
    Jan 29, 2013. 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    I'm not, haha. I proudly and happily use an Android device.

I'm not sure that's obvious, but keep it up! Staying updated and informed is super important!
    Jan 29, 2013. 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    Noted! Thanks, Russ.

I'm still thinking that BB10 won't be the Superman OS that RIM lovers are praying for; but I do agree with some of your logic in the sense that there are some strategies that could workout.

My reason for writing the article wasn't to thrash RIM; it was to say that it may very well never be what it once was. I'm still a strong believer in that concept, and I think the market will agree with me.

Let's wait and find out!
    Jan 29, 2013. 11:57 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    No of course not, but I also don't buy stocks on angry or afraid investor comments, haha.

The younger generation's short attention span actually makes me think that BB10 will seem very cool at first. And I believe that people WILL buy it, and then, unlike Apple's iPhone and Google's Android devices - they will forget about it. Because of the 3 factors I mentioned.

Nothing about BB10 is truly convincing me that it's an great long-term strategy. Write an article yourself if you think so; I'd love to check it out!

Thanks for the feedback!
    Jan 29, 2013. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    Obviously not, haha. However, if you read the article, you'd know that RIM is planning to work around their BYOD problem.

The fact of the matter is that RIM did very well through enterprise deals and BYOD policies can and will disrupt their historically successful strategy.
    Jan 29, 2013. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Obstacles That Could Preclude RIM's Comeback [View article]
    Unless you have extra sources for me to look over, I'd like to think that the sources I provided are research enough for me post my thoughts.

If you have extra sources for me to respond to, feel free to message me. Thanks for the feedback!
    Jan 29, 2013. 11:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment