Ted Stamas

View Ted Stamas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I don't know when the selling will stop. Although I've dollar cost averaged from $46 to $36, I've taken a beating with $FUEL in the short term. I thought it was reasonably valued when I when I wrote the article, and with the sell-off, has become more of a bargain. I checked Yahoo Finance today, and on a trailing twelve month basis, is selling at 5X sales. I tend to hold my stocks for a longer period of time than many investors, so I'm still confident the equity will beat the market in 2014.

Besides the NASDAQ decline (which includes many recent IPO's), another item that may have caused the stock to plunge is the recent initial public offering of competitor Rubicon Project ($RUBI). I don't know, it's just speculation on my part. I'm playing the space like an exacta in horse racing with bets on $MM and $FUEL. I'll try to do follow-up articles on both companies when they report earnings (or lack thereof).
    Apr 15 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Splunk: Expensive By Most Metrics [View article]
    Thanks Adam. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but have been out of town with limited computer access. Rough day in the market today.
    Apr 10 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I remember my articles about Velti, too. Didn't work out so well for me. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Mar 31 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau Software: When You're Hot, You're Hot [View article]
    You make a very good point, that stocks like Tableau can remain inflated for years. Nevertheless, they can come down in price which is exactly what Tableau and other big data analytic stocks are currently experiencing.

According to the Tibco CEO in their most recent conference call, Tableau is gaining mindshare, which accounted for muted sales for Tibco's Spotfire. If you believe the market is ready to take off again, this could be a nice entry point for Tableau.
    Mar 30 05:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I never compared both companies. I said I owned shares in both companies. JumpTap was primarily a programmatic advertising organization. That's why Millennial Media acquired them (it was more like a merger). Millennial Media is currently integrating the technology.
    Mar 26 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I agree with that, but am taking a leap of faith that FUEL can keep on executing with the large addressable market. 5X 2014 projected sales isn't too expensive if the bull market remains intact.
    Mar 26 06:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Datawatch: 'Twenty Feet From Stardom' [View article]
    SPLK went from $104 to $73.
    Mar 25 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Datawatch: 'Twenty Feet From Stardom' [View article]
    Good luck.
    Mar 21 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Datawatch: 'Twenty Feet From Stardom' [View article]
    IBM was a coup for DWCH. They also have a lot of excellent alliances with OEMs internationally. Like you said, Q2 should shed some light on the IBM participation. Thanks for reading.
    Mar 21 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau Software: When You're Hot, You're Hot [View article]
    Thanks Mark. The size will be $300M, or about 3.3M shares at Friday's $90.31 close, with an underwriter greenshoe option of another $45M.
    Mar 17 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Splunk: Expensive By Most Metrics [View article]
    Pure valuations if you are referring to the data mining pure plays. It's just a hypothetical opinion on my part. I believe that rotating out of the overpriced sectors that have outperformed would be good for the overall health of the entire stock market. You never know when you're in a bubble until it pops, but a lot of the new technology pure plays are way over their skis in my humble opinion. If we get that long overdue 10% correction in the S&P 500, the high beta stocks usually get killed.
    Mar 11 02:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Splunk: Expensive By Most Metrics [View article]
    Business is seasonal for Splunk with the 4th quarter being the most heavily weighted in regards to new contracts. A price/sales ratio of 32 is not a steep discount. If you are just going from a price appreciation metric, then you are correct. It has dropped 20% in a week and a half. Good luck with your investment.
    Mar 11 05:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Splunk: Expensive By Most Metrics [View article]
    They already have 102 million shares on the market. The next dilution could put additional pressure on the shares. Thanks for commenting.
    Mar 10 03:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Splunk: Expensive By Most Metrics [View article]
    Thanks for reading my article. Good luck with your investment. Splunk seems to be a promising company.
    Mar 10 03:12 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Immersion: Significant Market Share In Haptic Technology [View article]
    Although the technology is promising, it's still up in the air as to how fast the adoption of haptics will be. From what I've read, the automobile sector won't be a significant revenue driver for a couple more years. This is on the assumption that haptics will become standard in all cars down the road. Thanks for reading.
    Mar 3 06:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment