Ted Stamas

View Ted Stamas' Comments BY TICKER:
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    You made the right call. Good luck with your new projections.
    May 9 01:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Medidata Solutions: Priced For Perfection [View article]
    I haven't been following the stock recently. I'm also out of small caps since the sell off may not be over.
    May 8 04:54 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau Software: When You're Hot, You're Hot [View article]
    On a Price/Sales metric, it's still expensive. It's a very good small cap company, but I'm not convinced the overall market sell-off in small caps is over, especially new IPOs.
    May 7 06:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    Hi Charles, I apologize for not rebuting your original comment about $FUEL and $TRMR, but i was on vacation and couldn't get to a computer. That said, in the short run, $FUEL has been a bad investment, being sold off with the rest of the recent IPO high fliers. On a price/sales metric, it wasn't that expensive when I wrote the article,and it certainly isn't now being only about 2.5X 2014 revenues. I still maintain that it will beat the S&P 500 in a year's time which i stated in the original posting. After all, Seeking Alpha is about about long term investing, not short term price fluctuations.

I don't know a lot about $TRMR, but I have a background in $FIO. Although $FIO and $FUEL were both hot IPO's, they have nothing in common other than residing in the technology sector. $FIO's downfall was a reliance in two companies $FB and $AAPL which constituted over 65% of sales, plus $FIO's product got commoditized. $FUEL has a highly diversifuied client base, and to this date, is not a commodity product.

If you own $TRMR, congrats on a nice short term trade. I can't sugarcoat my investment in $FUEL since this is a public forum. However, the next conference call is May 8th. I hold my stocks longer than many investors, so we'll see how this one plays out.
    Apr 26 06:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    Good luck with your investment. It's not dirt cheap, but if the market continues to rally, stocks like $FUEL should get their mojo back.
    Apr 16 03:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I don't know when the selling will stop. Although I've dollar cost averaged from $46 to $36, I've taken a beating with $FUEL in the short term. I thought it was reasonably valued when I when I wrote the article, and with the sell-off, has become more of a bargain. I checked Yahoo Finance today, and on a trailing twelve month basis, is selling at 5X sales. I tend to hold my stocks for a longer period of time than many investors, so I'm still confident the equity will beat the market in 2014.

Besides the NASDAQ decline (which includes many recent IPO's), another item that may have caused the stock to plunge is the recent initial public offering of competitor Rubicon Project ($RUBI). I don't know, it's just speculation on my part. I'm playing the space like an exacta in horse racing with bets on $MM and $FUEL. I'll try to do follow-up articles on both companies when they report earnings (or lack thereof).
    Apr 15 01:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Splunk: Expensive By Most Metrics [View article]
    Thanks Adam. I apologize for not getting back to you sooner, but have been out of town with limited computer access. Rough day in the market today.
    Apr 10 04:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I remember my articles about Velti, too. Didn't work out so well for me. Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Mar 31 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau Software: When You're Hot, You're Hot [View article]
    You make a very good point, that stocks like Tableau can remain inflated for years. Nevertheless, they can come down in price which is exactly what Tableau and other big data analytic stocks are currently experiencing.

According to the Tibco CEO in their most recent conference call, Tableau is gaining mindshare, which accounted for muted sales for Tibco's Spotfire. If you believe the market is ready to take off again, this could be a nice entry point for Tableau.
    Mar 30 05:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I never compared both companies. I said I owned shares in both companies. JumpTap was primarily a programmatic advertising organization. That's why Millennial Media acquired them (it was more like a merger). Millennial Media is currently integrating the technology.
    Mar 26 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Rocket Fuel's Fall From Grace May Be Temporary [View article]
    I agree with that, but am taking a leap of faith that FUEL can keep on executing with the large addressable market. 5X 2014 projected sales isn't too expensive if the bull market remains intact.
    Mar 26 06:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Datawatch: 'Twenty Feet From Stardom' [View article]
    SPLK went from $104 to $73.
    Mar 25 03:58 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Datawatch: 'Twenty Feet From Stardom' [View article]
    Good luck.
    Mar 21 11:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Datawatch: 'Twenty Feet From Stardom' [View article]
    IBM was a coup for DWCH. They also have a lot of excellent alliances with OEMs internationally. Like you said, Q2 should shed some light on the IBM participation. Thanks for reading.
    Mar 21 09:09 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Tableau Software: When You're Hot, You're Hot [View article]
    Thanks Mark. The size will be $300M, or about 3.3M shares at Friday's $90.31 close, with an underwriter greenshoe option of another $45M.
    Mar 17 08:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment