Teenie Cap Research

View Teenie Cap Research's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Silex Systems: The Future Of The Uranium Enrichment Industry [View article]
    This is also slightly relevant: http://bit.ly/1gbpTrM and http://bit.ly/1gbpSnL
    May 16, 2014. 04:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Silex Systems: The Future Of The Uranium Enrichment Industry [View article]
    Just for reference prices for uranium have fallen off a cliff recently: http://bit.ly/1qD6LaH

When the article was written, it was at 40, now 28. SWU 112 down to 95.

I guess too early to the show. I'm looking for right time to average down (again). I still think nuclear will turn around.
    May 16, 2014. 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Silex Systems: The Future Of The Uranium Enrichment Industry [View article]
    I was just looking at the same thing.

Stock has really tanked.

The nuclear industry has not recovered yet which I think is the big issue. SWU and Uranium prices are still in free fall.

Australian dollar hasn't helped matters either.
    May 16, 2014. 09:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 2014 March Madness Trading Contest [View instapost]
    GNE
    Mar 3, 2014. 05:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Yes, The Nasdaq Bubble Is Definitely Here [View article]
    PEG ratios would have been helpful in your analysis table.
    Feb 21, 2014. 11:27 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The LGL Group's Strategic Review Warrants A Second Look [View article]
    I refer specifically to this:

"Unidentified Analyst
    Hi, last time we spoke back in June, it sounded like you had about three to 10 parties that are interested in acquiring the whole company or part of the company. I think you mentioned around three to 10 and it sounds like the focus has moved off of that and more into restructuring, I was wondering why that is.

And also you mentioned that there is some restructuring in order to save some money, but we’ve been seeing this difficulty in the market through last two to three years already. Why haven’t those initiatives been in place years ago?

Greg Anderson
    Hey LaDuane.
    R. LaDuane Clifton
    Both fair questions, I’ll take them one at a time. So the first one about the expressions of interest from external parties of acquiring all our portions of the company, certainly we have those, the strategic committee took those into consideration. Frankly speaking, I don’t believe that that they probably matured at least at this point to where they felt that was the best action to take and, so it doesn’t mean that they are off the table, it just means that, but they just frankly never materialized to a maturity that that at least at present the Board chose to move forward.

So in the mean time, we just took some additional steps when it came to restructuring, probably and it leads into your second question why weren’t those – I’ll call it restructuring changes made two years ago. I think the reality is that things change. And so two years ago, we saw some strength in parts of our business that we don’t see today. And so we are just restructuring and pointing us towards where we have our strengths and where we think we can get the chance to grow. And so if that makes sense, we’re probably reducing structure where we didn’t think we could grow and that that is different than two years ago or profitably grow. And so that’s I would say the answer to your second question."

It sounds like from "...the strategic committee took those into consideration. Frankly speaking, I don’t believe that that they probably matured at least at this point to where they felt that was the best action to take and, so it doesn’t mean that they are off the table, it just means that, but they just frankly never materialized to a maturity that that at least at present the Board chose to move forward."
    that a lot of the language being used is past tense.

Greg said that it is not off the table, but it doesn't sound like there is a serious process anymore.

That's just my take away from those comments.
    I would be happy to be proven wrong as I still own quite a few shares.
    Dec 31, 2013. 04:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The LGL Group's Strategic Review Warrants A Second Look [View article]
    Whopper - Not sure if you listened to the last investment call, but my take away was that they turned down all the acquisition offers. (Based on one of the Q&A responses.)
    You are still positive something will happen?
    Dec 31, 2013. 03:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • USEC's Recent Reverse Split And Share Implosion Present A Speculative Opportunity [View article]
    Immediately after the company restated their project costs I apologized for the bad call. It was also before all hope was lost.

I don't believe I am playing a semantic game. The writing was already on the wall when this article was published and the risk was downplayed.
    Dec 17, 2013. 04:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    What I wrote is above in full in a previous comment:

"In the first paragraph Zvi writes: "Though substantial dilution is possible, bankruptcy and delisting appear less likely, and current valuation offers speculative investors the potential to earn substantial returns in the next few years.""

Bankruptcy was a near certainty when he wrote the article.
    Dec 17, 2013. 11:38 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    The article - which is no longer public - misrepresented the risks of the company.
    I pointed it out then and alerted SA.
    But I guess that is what you get when there are no real editors.
    Dec 17, 2013. 02:05 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    "USEC Inc, a supplier of enriched uranium for commercial nuclear power plants, said it expected to file for bankruptcy protection in the first quarter of 2014."

Bravo again on this call that everyone pointed out was outrageous and irresponsible. And then this article was posted as Seeking Alpha Pro? Crazy.
    Dec 16, 2013. 09:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • EnviroStar's Special Dividend Will Increase Earnings Yield To 10% [View article]
    Still positive on the stock. Unfortunately haven't been publishing many articles for SA due to frustrating editors. Sorry.
    Nov 4, 2013. 09:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Astrotech Is Still Significantly Undervalued Despite Recent Move [View article]
    How do you know that they processed more satellites in the current quarter? How many launches did they do in Q3? How many launches do you think they did in Q4? How many do you think happen in Q1?

It sounds like the "two very important U.S. government missions" were what led to this increase in margins.
    Oct 17, 2013. 03:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hard to understand this quarter financials.

One good quarter though does not make something a good investment.
    Oct 17, 2013. 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment