Teodor Rasa

View Teodor Rasa's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Nuance down 4% on Goldman downgrade [View news story]
    GS made someone a lot of money (probably themselves) with the Feb puts.
    Jan 9, 2015. 09:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance Communications - Time For Management To Disinvest [View article]
    Jerry, I'm having a hard time following here. What does this have to do with Nuance? Can you a draw a clearer picture?
    Jan 6, 2015. 06:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Nuance's Price Tag: 50% Upside [View article]
    Maybe I didn't explain myself correctly...

I'm a long-term investor looking for companies that are undervalued. This article was intended to illustrate that when you buy NUAN around ~$15, you are buying it with a margin-of-safety.
    Dec 2, 2014. 11:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean's Latest Fleet Update Is Concerning [View article]
    Thanks for the information. I've read this article before... wouldn't you say this source (Carbon Tracker) is biased? Their agenda is to eliminate Greenhouse gases.
    Nov 25, 2014. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Transocean's Latest Fleet Update Is Concerning [View article]
    Rupert,
    based on all your extensive knowledge, what Oil price makes the majority of deepwater drilling uneconomical?
    Nov 25, 2014. 01:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel launches $495 bracelet, continues battling Nvidia in HPC market [View news story]
    I can just imagine the lines forming to get this... Cisco Flip anyone?
    Nov 17, 2014. 07:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The One Sector You Must Own Today (Part II) [View article]
    Joseph, Thanks for the article.

I just wanted to make a comment on the fleet composition chart... it looks to be outdated and misrepresents (based on Pac Drilling metrics) fleet composition.

e.g. from an apples to apples comparison on water depth & drill depth capabilities, Transocean's high spec capabilities is actually 58% of total fleet not 22%.
    Nov 15, 2014. 11:43 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Cliffs, Nucor in talks over stake in Bloom Lake iron ore mine [View news story]
    chung,
    that $4.00 PT looks more and more foolish... I'm pretty sure Dailunwoksky is still licking his wounds from being completely embarrassed during the last conference call.
    Oct 31, 2014. 04:30 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quiksilver: Restructuring The Quicksand Capital Structure [View article]
    Global Brands that go belly up are business models that have been disrupted. e.g. polaroid, kodak.

ZQK has a core customer plus lifestyle appeal to many consumers. In general, the segment of teen retail has struggled not just ZQK. I would be more concerned if every other teen retailer were flourishing while ZQK sales were declining and no one surfed anymore. Statistics show their 'core' segment is still growing.

I would love to see how the teen segment does with gas prices closer to $3.00/gallon than $4.00/gallon. You wonder why teens can't afford $60 board shorts? All their disposable income goes into fueling their cars.

Upper Mgt bought after a poor earnings report and the stock tanked 40%. I'm not sure if the SOHN event had much to do with it. That event has a poor track record to begin with....
    Oct 31, 2014. 04:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quiksilver: Restructuring The Quicksand Capital Structure [View article]
    I find that very interesting for a company looking for "worthless" equity to short.
    Oct 31, 2014. 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quiksilver: Restructuring The Quicksand Capital Structure [View article]
    pS -if you are short on ZQK, I can imagine you hold an even larger short position in APP, their fundamentals make ZQK look like Macy's.
    Oct 31, 2014. 09:57 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Quiksilver: Restructuring The Quicksand Capital Structure [View article]
    Not for nothing, where was your thesis at 6.00-9.00? I would be very careful shorting a global brand at $2.00/share. mooney was brought in to reign in spending and optimize the supply chain. This doesn't happen in one year.

I happen to find the risk/reward on the Long side much more appealing. Treat it like a call option and you may have a 3 bagger this time next year.

Also, I would like to here your comments on upper managements large stock purchases in the summer at $3.40.
    Oct 31, 2014. 09:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The New Bull Case For Cliffs [View article]
    I guess time will tell. CLF may have found the linch pin with Goncalves.

I remember a bull article written up by Barron's when they were in the $50s. They believed CLF was a good proxy to the US economy with an international presence as well. Goncalves said the same thing yesterday...

Unfortunately, China is pinning down Iron and doing the same with Oil. We will see how long that lasts.
    Oct 29, 2014. 12:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Apple Pay Just Lose Billions? [View article]
    You can't lose something you don't have. MCX coalition is resisting b/c they want a piece of the pie. Apple Pay will eventually be accepted.
    Oct 29, 2014. 12:39 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Did Apple Pay Just Lose Billions? [View article]
    Don't count your chickens before they are hatched...
    Oct 29, 2014. 12:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment