- Harleysville Savings Financial Corporation - Community Bank Investing The Professional Fund Manager Way
- Aquaculture Trends And Tassal Group Limited, A Company Particularly Positioned To Benefit
- A Dividend Investing History Lesson - Pfizer And FirstEnergy Corporation
- Seacoast Banking Corporation Of Florida's Board Realignment Could Mean Philosophical Transition
- Knightsbridge Tankers, Frontline And Karpasia Deal - Who Wins Out?
This user currently has no profile.
Honest (and sometimes too analytical and verbose) insights from a guy that has done pretty well investing and managing money – but only after getting annihilated along the way several times.
- Description: Hedge Fund Manager. Trading frequency: Monthly
- Interests: Dividend stock ideas & income, Options, Retirement savings, Stocks - long, Tech stocks
Big Little Suit Big Little Suit provides investment management, research, analyst support, portfolio consulting and lifestyle services and solutions. We take a contrarian approach to our investments and believe that over-diversification and following the herd are surefire ways to underperform and miss opportunities for ...More
strong demand. Our investment decisions are validated through financial hypotheses and results - what do we think will happen to the company's financial performance if a certain catalyst occurs and what that means for the stock price? We score ourselves and learn from our successes and our mistakes - we aim to never make the same error twice. We do not rely on trading algorithms and formulas - our biggest losers have manifested by selling too early because an allocation model or proven algorithm told us we should have. We believe that today's price of an equity or security is the mathematical expression of everyone's opinion of the security based on all available information sources. We will never be able to crunch thousands of pieces of data in the nanosecond it takes a high-performance computer - we do not aim to try to be smarter than the masses combined. The odds are against us. We look where people are not looking - we focus on factors that computers cannot possibly understand or compute. We believe in taking intelligently planned but imbalanced bets - when we are confident in our investment thesis, being overweight in a certain position or industry is not a bad place to be. We focus on finding situations where we regret we did not buy more instead of buying less. We share our insights with investors and professionals that are looking for information that is not easily obtained through quantitative formulas, industry data or run of the mill consulting. We are active investors - we attend annual meetings and raise questions, we send letters and emails to the management teams of the companies we follow and own - and we do not always hear back. Our limited partners and clients take refuge in the fact that any losses they experience with us are shared with them. When someone asks us what we think of a specific stock, we answer “we own it” or “we are buying it” or “we do not own it.”
Currently, you have no blog details. Click edit to add blog details.
Currently, you have no book details. Click edit to add book details.
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Latest Comments more »
- Andre, after some research,... on Seacoast Banking Corporation Of Florida's Board...
- Agreed and well said. on A Dividend Investing History Lesson - Pfizer An...
- Mr. Crown - thank you for t... on Knightsbridge Tankers, Frontline And Karpasia D...
- Hi Dave - yes, very interes... on Knightsbridge Tankers, Frontline And Karpasia D...
- Hi TDune75 - yes, I have gl... on Knightsbridge Tankers, Frontline And Karpasia D...
Latest comments on Terence's Articles
- EVENFLOW on A Dividend Investing History Lesson - Pfizer An...
- gracielu on Seacoast Banking Corporation Of Florida's Board...
- BruceCM on A Dividend Investing History Lesson - Pfizer An...
- invest1234 on Seacoast Banking Corporation Of Florida's Board...
- Terence Channon on Seacoast Banking Corporation Of Florida's Board...
LATEST ARTICLES & INSTAPOSTS more »