The Balanced Bull

View The Balanced Bull's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Buy Apple Stock For The Holidays [View article]
    I don't have a specific one year price target but I think we'll see $500 a share by the end of 2012, maybe much sooner. I prefer to look at current valuation and accumulate shares when it looks too cheap, like now.
    Dec 20 09:34 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple Stock For The Holidays [View article]
    Thanks Brian,

In the past my estimates have come in slightly below the actual results. I try to be a bit conservative with my estimates but of course try to get as close as possible.

I think an HDTV from Apple is pretty much a lock, it's just a matter of timing (2012 or 2013?).

I agree Apple is undervalued. I think that will have to be the topic of my next article. Thanks again.
    Dec 20 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Buy Apple Stock For The Holidays [View article]
    The ASP estimate is based mostly on what Apple has reported in the past. I agree that the discounted older model iPhones could lower the ASP for this quarter. The good news is that if there's a higher mix of older models sold, I think the total number of iPhones sold this quarter would be higher than my estimate of 28 million. A little give and take.
    Dec 19 05:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple in Talks With China Mobile to Bring the iPhone to Its 600 Million Users [View article]
    This will be big for Apple. Can't wait to see how the stock reacts if/when there's an official announcement of the deal. Could be at the iPhone event in Sept. (long AAPL)
    Aug 18 02:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Only Has Eyes for Hulu [View article]
    haha, I like your point about Yahoo ;) It's probably true
    Aug 3 08:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Chinese Web Giants Throwdown: Baidu Takes a Shot at Shanda [View article]
    Glad to see Baidu diversifying beyond search. They're also working on a mobile OS and a browser (just following Google's playbook).
    Jul 8 05:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Introducing Google Games! [View instapost]
    never mind, must have been a glitch. My blog is back.... at least for now. phew!
    Jul 8 03:19 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Introducing Google Games! [View instapost]
    Google shut down my blog after I posted the above article (it was on blogger and they shut it down within an hour of the posting). I'm thinking I'm on to something here.

Luckily I had my blog exported and have all my writing saved. Will have a new blog up on wordpress soon.

Crazy night...
    Jul 8 02:20 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Baidu Could Triple From Here [View article]
    Agreed with comments above. Check out "Baidu vs Google Which is the better stocks?" Article is a few months outdated now but covers this topic.
    Jul 7 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Previewing Apple's Q3 Earnings: Pipeline Strong, Stock Remains Undervalued [View article]
    Thanks for the heads up. With that number of shares outstanding the EPS would drop to $6.84
    Jul 7 10:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google+ a Major Threat to Facebook [View article]
    I agree with the "if you have an app for that you don't need a search engine" idea. I wrote about that a few weeks ago in 4 Undervalued Facts About Apple.

As for the invite only thing (from comments above) I think it's smart to work out the kinks before a full launch and creating an appeal through scarcity. But yes, some people might lose interest in it over the weeks.
    Jul 6 03:45 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Many Failures and Why It's Time to Buy [View article]
    Apple seems to be putting the rough start behind it and looks ready for a good second half of the year. A lot of nice catalysts coming over the next six months.
    Jul 3 03:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Undervalued Facts About Apple [View article]
    Nice move in Apple this week as markets finally starting to realize how undervalued it was/is. A lot more upside ahead in my opinion.
    Jul 3 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Undervalued Facts About Apple [View article]
    thanks, I cracked a little smile while writing that.
    Jun 23 11:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Many Failures and Why It's Time to Buy [View article]
    no way this drops below $300 unless something catastrophic happened. I would be surprised to see it drop to the support in the mid $320's. I agree this is a spring being pushed down and getting ready to explode higher. One thing that worries me is potentially weak iPhone numbers ahead of the next model launch but the valuation is already so low. I see limited downside and a lot of upside.
    May 19 02:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment