The Capitalist Manifesto

View The Capitalist Manifesto's Comments BY TICKER:

• Why Do Fundamentals Matter? [View article]
    Everything always reverts back to the mean. I guess I can't say everything, but unless there is a PERMANENT shift in something supply or demand related (like paper product usage won't revert back to the mean because of new technology), these things do revert. It's hard in overvalued times, as well as undervalued, to believe things revert. But looking at 140 years of stock market history, with interest rates all over the board and good times and wars and everything imaginable, it's interesting how it always reverted back to the mean...granted, it would go above or below, but it never stayed permaneently above OR permanently below.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Do Fundamentals Matter? [View article]
    It's hard in this market to believe in this. But stay with it! You will do well.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Do Fundamentals Matter? [View article]
    I see what you're saying but my point is, with fundamentals, and understanding that things revert to the mean eventually, when fundamentals are undervalued, I can buy knowing that it will eventually revert. If you look at history for ANYTHING over time, reversion to the mean always occurs and I can use that info to buy when fundamentals are undervalued. Remember, fundamentals are based on means.
    Aug 26, 2015. 12:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Really That Hard To Beat The S&P 500 Over Time? [View article]
    i am not looking for investments that start with the letter A and have a board member who is second cousins to the president. I look for fundamentals that have stood the test of time by teachings of Graham/Dodd/Buffett.

I also backtested the things I knew wouldn't work...and guess what..they didn't...over time. In short sprints, anything can happen, but over long periods of time, the fundamentals prove to work.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Really That Hard To Beat The S&P 500 Over Time? [View article]
    Over an extended period of time (through a full cycle) 18.8% over multiple bull and bear cycles. But, i reiterate, I don't just look at my results during a bull or a bear. you have to look at a full cycle or more. and it can't be partial cycles.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Really That Hard To Beat The S&P 500 Over Time? [View article]
    That is true. I bought and sold every year to avoid long term survivor bias. And I bought companies that were in the top 20% of market cap, which today would be $1Billion. Those companies are not immune to sinking to zero, but it rarely happens in 1 year.

Good point though!
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Really That Hard To Beat The S&P 500 Over Time? [View article]
    That's true!
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Really That Hard To Beat The S&P 500 Over Time? [View article]
    That is correct!
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is It Really That Hard To Beat The S&P 500 Over Time? [View article]
    Incorrect. I used fundamentals that have worked over 140 years and have been proven by value investors like Ben Graham and backtested to see if they proved right. And then I backtested fundamentals that have proven to not work...and big surprise...they didn't beat the market.
    Jul 23, 2015. 11:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • ChannelAdvisor December Data Implications For Amazon.com [View article]
    Gary, I assume you are buying like crazy right now, right?
    Feb 12, 2014. 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impact From UPS And FedEx Price Increases On Amazon.com [View article]
    Name me other companies who were this ridiculously overvalued and that ended up, over decades, growing in value? This is unheard of. Not sayign it's not possible, but why would it be different this time?
    Dec 22, 2013. 06:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impact From UPS And FedEx Price Increases On Amazon.com [View article]
    Wow. I've heard this before. It never ends well.
    Dec 20, 2013. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impact From UPS And FedEx Price Increases On Amazon.com [View article]
    Exactly. I just asked a high school class today what "investing" was and they said "putting money into something and it going up or down in value." So I asked "Is gambling and the lottery, therefore, investing?"

I don't know what "smart money" is because the last time I checked, chasing a stock because everyone else has it and they don't want to be left out isn't very smart. And that's what money managers do. They have to. I don't blame them, but don't say that you're right just because momentum is working.

Gary: If Amazon went to $10 per share tomorrow, would that make Amazon a bad investment? I would argue that it's a good deal now! But according to your theory, $403 down to $10 means bad investment.

Do you see my point?
    Dec 20, 2013. 04:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impact From UPS And FedEx Price Increases On Amazon.com [View article]
    Yep. Investment. That's what I'd call it too. (Insert sarcasm here) As is said above, the fact that you can't say whether AMZN is overpriced or under priced shows the lack of understanding of the fundamentals of a company. Nothing in the world of AMZN says "good buy" from a fundamental valuation standpoint. Could it still go up? Of course. But it has a lot of catching up to do to even justify today's value.
    Dec 18, 2013. 08:32 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Impact From UPS And FedEx Price Increases On Amazon.com [View article]

HAHA! Everyone is drinking the cool-aid. I love how they are comparing Bezos to Jobs. Yeah, Jobs' company made $37Billion last year and Amazon made...?

This stock is unreal.

And please stop saying you're "investing" in Amazon because the definition of investing is not this...this is speculation.
    Dec 17, 2013. 10:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment