View as an RSS Feed
View The Critical Investor's Articles BY TICKER:
African Gold Group: When Mali Cools Down, This Could Be A Big Winner
- African Gold Group is a West African junior gold developer, with the potentially very profitable Kobada gold project in Mali.
- The recently announced intended take over of nearby Papillon Resources by B2Gold indicates a positive outlook on Mali developments.
- The Kobada project is advancing very well since resources were increased considerably last year.
- The company continues to improve the Kobada project, and the upcoming NI43-101 resource estimate update (August 2014) and Feasibility Study (November 2014) are expected to confirm excellent economics.
- When the Mali conflict would be over, and the company reaches production, investors could be in for a serious re-rating.
Euromax Resources: In General, A 525% Spike Isn't Sustainable, And The PFS Really Isn't That Good
- Euromax Resources released Pre-Feasibility Study results on June 5, 2014, causing the share price to soar in a few days from $0.12 to $0.75, an incredible rise of 525%.
- In general, these kind of spikes are short lived regarding junior miners.
- The Pre-Feasibility Study didn't really justify all the excitement in my view.
Undervalued Midway Gold Poised To Bounce Back: Financing Arranged And Fast-Tracking Towards Production
- Midway had to suffer a lot from short selling since Q1, 2014, I believe this to be caused predominantly by disappointed investors and interested financing parties.
- The company has excellent projects, and very recently signed a binding letter of agreement for debt financing for the last part of necessary Pan Project capex.
- This capex was recently reduced by switching to contract mining, improving the case for Pan even more.
- Barrick recently announced the 2014 Spring Valley budget of $13.3M, to take the project to a Pre Feasibility Study and upgrade resources soon.
A Long Term Growth Strategy In West Africa: Endeavour Mining
- Endeavour Mining is a low cost West African gold producer, with very strong and experienced management and board of directors.
- The share is trading below peer average multiples, but this extra "African discount" is probably caused by the Mali conflict and the reputation of Côte d'Ivoire.
- The company has an excellent growth profile, and aims to go from 320,000 oz gold in 2013, via 420,000 oz in 2014 to 580,000-620,000 oz gold in 2016-2017.
Dalradian Resources: Stress-Testing A High Grade Gold Opportunity In Northern Ireland
- Dalradian Resources has a high grade gold project in Europe, with good management and a very robust 2012 PEA.
- The company is currently working on a 35,000t bulk sample which is needed to derisk the project considerably regarding width and continuity of veins.
- An updated economic study is expected at the end of Q3 or in Q4 , 2014, and I expect lower but still good figures.
- A price to NAV of $1.33 is estimated, for a profit of 53%, and a risk-adjusted price to NAV of $1.16 is estimated for a profit of 33%.
Permitting Versus Testing: The High-Risk/High-Reward Stories Of Curis Resources And Excelsior Mining
- Curis Resources and Excelsior Mining are very similar companies, having in situ recovery (ISR) copper projects in Arizona, with favorable economics over traditional copper mining projects.
- The main risk for Curis Resources is the permitting process for the Florence project, with a lot of local opposition concerning the water supply.
- Excelsior is low on cash and its Gunnison project is less advanced: the PFS outlines recommendations for thorough in situ testing of various aspects in order to prove viability.
Alderon Iron Ore: A Big Project Advancing Towards Production
- Alderon Iron Ore is a near term producing iron ore company, developing the advanced Kami project at high speed, located in the mining friendly Labrador Trough.
- The Feasibility Study released in 2013 presented solid figures, with an after tax 8% discounted NPV of $1858M, an IRR of 23.1% and a relatively limited capex.
- The company has already secured a very good off-take partner with the biggest steelmaker in China, Heibei Iron & Steel Group for 60% of production.
- It wasn't until very recently, on March 27, 2014, that Alderon was granted the amended General Plan and Mineral Extraction Permits. These are considered very important permitting milestones.
- Why Midway Gold Is No Golden Short Opportunity: There Is More Than Meets The Eye
- Connecting The Dots: The Hidden Potential Of Tsodilo Resources
- To Be (Permitted) Or Not To Be (Permitted): The Risky But Explosive Potential Of Astur Gold
- Integra Gold: Interesting Takeover Target For Agnico Eagle And Highly Undervalued
- SEMAFO: Transforming Into A Low Cost Producer But Increasingly Overvalued
- Update On REE Peer Comparison: Quest Goes From Undervalued To Overvalued After PFS
- Best In Rare Earth Class And Undervalued: Tasman Metals
- Expanding In The Far East But Overvalued: China Gold International
- Transformation In Progress: Troy Resources
- Interesting Takeover Target For Semafo AND Endeavour: Roxgold
- Takeover Target Could Offer 35.7% Upside Very Soon: Probe Mines Limited
- Physical Gold Market Strengthens, GLD Is Waiting And Anticipating
- A Compelling Growth Story: NXT Energy Solutions
- An In-Depth Analysis: The Strange Case Of Colossus Minerals