The Critical Investor

View The Critical Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    Kelly told me it was a gypsy swap, and as there were very low costs, no warrants, no huge discounts or other negative terms, this seems a cost effective solution. No problem. Would be 5.7% dilution so I don't really get the need for that 14% drop from yesterday. IO.V doesn't track gold that much so it beats me I'm afraid.
    These toll millers were supposed to be the most immune to gold/macro as their margins on production are pretty constant, but in the meantime they are among the worst performers of the companies I follow. Puzzling.
    Aug 26, 2015. 05:44 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    And not just Kelly. I asked him, when his answer doesn't satisfy me I suggest closing positions quickly.
    Aug 25, 2015. 03:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Copper Says It All About The Global Economy - Today's Lows Are Tomorrow's Highs [View article]
    Article is fine, title is missing the point as it is all about China nowadays.
    Aug 25, 2015. 09:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • SA Biotech Panel Discussion: Buying Amid The Selloff, Pharma M&A, Levered ETFs [View article]
    Came in late at the party as I had to analyze a lot of possible opportunities because of the upcoming mini crash today, and I am just looking after process for likewise sector discussions, as I don't know anything about biotech. Looking forward to the next one, thanks Kanak for setting this up.
    Aug 24, 2015. 06:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    You mean those 4 additions and little cash shortfall? Nothing serious, and they reached C$0.09-0.10 levels well before that news release. They should have been trading around C$0.13-0.14 levels before July 29 in my view, globally estimating and comparing.
    Aug 24, 2015. 03:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    So you don't have a clue why IO.V went down this much either. TON.V might have been running too high earlier on, but it doesn't make sense where it is sideranging now, as it is steadily advancing towards CF, just like IO.V is doing just fine. Especially IO.V is behaving weird. I'll ask management.
    Aug 24, 2015. 02:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    What individual negative developments would that be, not only for Inca but especially for Standard Tolling? The only reason I can think of is the vendor of the plant who was paid in shares, and is dumping them. But no one is that stupid in my view to do it like this.
    Aug 24, 2015. 01:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Market Top? 15 Warning Signs [View article]
    Cashed in very nicely on my SPX Dec 2015 1400 puts earlier today, and so did my Premium subscribers. Let's see if this is a dead cat bounce or not, and what is China/Fed going to do. Interesting times.
    Aug 24, 2015. 01:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    No I meant since April/May. For example Standard Tolling probably performed below GDX, GDXJ and peers since then. Nothing wrong with it fundamentally speaking. Inca One went down a lot as well, despite its relative immunity to gold, and ticking all boxes as promised. I don't get it.
    Aug 24, 2015. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Novel And Defensive Way To Invest In Gold Mining [View article]
    I like them as well and have some of them featured in my own subscriber service portfolio for some time now, but what I don't get is why they suffered on average more than the average lower risk gold stock (developer/producer). Is it the protests against large scale mining in Peru? It puzzles me as these toll millers have nothing to do with those operations, as they buy from small time locals.
    Aug 24, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Weighing The Week Ahead: The Start Of Something Big? [View article]
    "As long as there is no other asset which will yield a better return than stocks, they will be fine and reverse."
    But stocks don't yield anything this year, and numerous indicators are indicating not a very rosy picture. When there is no better performing asset, this doesn't mean stocks are the automatic go to asset class, and certainly don't indicate a continuing uptrend because of it.
    Aug 23, 2015. 04:03 AM | 16 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sandstorm Gold Continues To Buy Shares Of Aurico Metals - Why I'm Buying, Too [View article]
    Jason, I know you are a blind supporter of Nolan but get real here, he was late to the royalty/streaming party and took a lot of irresponsible risks to grow fast. A lot of those risks just played out, simple as that. Blaming Colossus/Luna management or low PMs, come on Jason. I really question their dd capacities.
    Aug 22, 2015. 07:30 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • REE/Strategic Minerals Concentrator, March 18, 2014 [View instapost]
    Great stuff Ausheds, as it looks like China is on top of Dy replacement I think you have showed us the cause of the crashing of Nd/Dy prices.
    But I still maintain that you are not just some retail investor with too much time on his hands, as that link you provided led only to a paid subscription which can't be cheap considering the staff that's behind it. Your other links are very, very in-depth as well.

Highly appreciated though, it confirmed my fears for replacement/reduction and more, it renders the entire HRE ROW sector almost worthless.
    I'm not sure why Gareth Hatch is pursuing his supply chain initiatives anymore, just to keep himself busy?
    Aug 21, 2015. 05:51 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stillwater Mining: Deteriorating PGM Market Is Now In Plain Sight [View article]
    Everybody following this sector knows there are a good 2 years worth of platinum stockpiles waiting to be depleted (when more supply goes offline this goes down of course), and China is deteriorating further so I would avoid PGMs for at least another year. Stillwater isn't sending those people home for no reason.
    Aug 19, 2015. 09:18 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Eldorado Gold To Invest $14.6 Million In Integra Gold [View article]
    "Violated some terms"......looks like Greece is looking for a "solution". Took them a good deal longer than I expected to target Eldorado.
    Aug 19, 2015. 08:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment