The Dividend Guy

View The Dividend Guy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Another Purchase In My Portfolio: Lockheed Martin [View article]
    Hi,
    GS on the NYSE is Goldman Sachs. But on TSE, it's Gluskin Sheff. The stock pays a quaterly dividend of $0.20/share and usually pay a special dividend in September based on performance and fees.

I hope this makes more sense now.

Regards,
    Jan 22 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Sale 2 Buys [View article]
    If you buy a stock for the next 10 years (which I'm doing with MCD and DIS), today's price is not very important.
    May 31 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Squeeze! Look For All The Money You Can Invest In The Stock Market [View article]
    I agree with you that the easy money has been done already. However, I don't see any real reason why the stock market would drop besides the fact that it is at a record high right now. Mind you, this record high will be beat one day or another ;-).

I agree with you that it's never the time to sell thought ;-)
    May 31 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Disney's Wonderful Realm Please Investors As Well As My Kids? [View article]
    My family and I truly enjoyed being ripped off at Disney this winter ;-) hahaha!
    May 20 05:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seagate Technology - Are There Clouds Overhead Or In Its Books? [View article]
    I wanted to buy MCD a while ago... seems a bit overpriced now.

I've put a stop sell at $40 and I'll continue to ride the stock if it keeps going up.
    May 12 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell In May And Go Away? Worst Investing Advice Or Sound Investment Choice? [View article]
    ALG,

it's not a 2 point stop, it's a $2 point stop. Since the stock has increased before I put my stop sell, I did it at $40 when the stock was at its highest level ($42.50). I'm now very close to my selling point but still hanging in there.
    May 10 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 32 Top Canadian Dividend Stocks For 2012 [View article]
    Yup, most of them do.
    Jan 12 09:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Mistakes Every Investor Must Avoid (And How I Made Them With RIM) [View article]
    After seeing how RIM stock reacts this morning, I'm not feeling too bad of selling it at $43!
    Jun 17 07:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've actually bought while the stock was falling... but it kept falling afterward ;-(

all my dividend picks were good this year but I am suffering from trades that happened back in 2007,2008
    May 31 12:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ScotiaBank Dividend Stock Analysis [View article]
    @Dividend Player,

I agree with you that the price is high. However, I am trading this stock in my retirement account and I'm only 29... so I have a lot of time in front of me. I don't mind a correction this summer ;-)
    Feb 3 12:24 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Dividend Stocks in 2011 by Sector [View article]
    I didn't subscribe to HD...darn!

you are right that if consumer confidence goes back up, we might see very interesting results out there. I'll call the cable guy ;-)
    Dec 21 01:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Best Dividend Stocks in 2011 by Sector [View article]
    I'm a little bit more conservative with the switch of energy trust into regular stocks. I rather wait to see what is happening with them.

In the meantime, I prefer investing in Canadian banks ;-)
    Dec 21 01:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Socially Responsible Dividend Portfolio [View article]
    I've taken equal position in each stocks. Overall it creates a good balance.

cheers,