The Dividend Guy

View The Dividend Guy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Enbridge Vs. Transcanada [View article]
    I actually analyzed the Canadian company, not the income fund or MLP in the US. Thx.
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Enbridge Vs. Transcanada [View article]
    Jan 22, 2015. 10:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Banks Portfolio - Genius Idea? [View article]
    Chigaopty, I couldn't tell. I'd suggest you ask your broker.
    Jan 16, 2015. 01:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Banks Portfolio - Genius Idea? [View article]
    Hello Smallstep,
    yes, it will affect the stock price (more than the actual financial report). The point is if oil continues to drop, it generates two impact for a bank: #1 they have a higher default risk on their existing loan (higher default risk doesn't equal real loss) and #2 they won't have as much lending possibilities in 2015 (and therefore make no interest on those potential loans loss due to less exploration).

National Bank (NA.TO), the 6th biggest bank, was greatly affected by the price of oil because 4% of its total loans are linked to oil exploration companies.
    Jan 16, 2015. 01:29 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • All Banks Portfolio - Genius Idea? [View article]
    Hello Lawrence,
    I think my article would have been boring if I had started (and finished) by:
    concentrating 100% of your asset in one sector is not a good idea. I think it's important the reader see both sides of the coin: There are several investors who will conduct the speech I've wrote in the first part of my article; they are not 100% wrong either.
    Jan 16, 2015. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • All Banks Portfolio - Genius Idea? [View article]
    Hello Augie91,
    I agree with you. I personally hold 2 banks in my personal portfolio as I think they are very strong dividend payers. However, holding 100% banks doesn't make sense with my investing strategy.
    Jan 16, 2015. 01:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Procter & Gamble: Expensive Dividend Stock? [View article]
    Both are usually tied together over the long run. I rather just receiving more money through dividend than seeing the company making more, but not distributing its extra cash flow to investors. In the end, if earnings don't grow over time, the dividend will suffer.
    Oct 29, 2014. 12:37 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Genuine Parts' Third Quarter Results, Plus Why You Should Buy This Stock [View article]
    This was definitely a good timing to bu shares. At least you made the move. It's easy to look at a performing stock 2 years after and thought we should have buy more (I do it all the time! hahaha!).
    Oct 24, 2014. 09:28 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Another Purchase In My Portfolio: Lockheed Martin [View article]
    Hi,
    GS on the NYSE is Goldman Sachs. But on TSE, it's Gluskin Sheff. The stock pays a quaterly dividend of $0.20/share and usually pay a special dividend in September based on performance and fees.

I hope this makes more sense now.

Regards,
    Jan 22, 2014. 01:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 1 Sale 2 Buys [View article]
    If you buy a stock for the next 10 years (which I'm doing with MCD and DIS), today's price is not very important.
    May 31, 2013. 09:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Stock Squeeze! Look For All The Money You Can Invest In The Stock Market [View article]
    I agree with you that the easy money has been done already. However, I don't see any real reason why the stock market would drop besides the fact that it is at a record high right now. Mind you, this record high will be beat one day or another ;-).

I agree with you that it's never the time to sell thought ;-)
    May 31, 2013. 09:40 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Can Disney's Wonderful Realm Please Investors As Well As My Kids? [View article]
    My family and I truly enjoyed being ripped off at Disney this winter ;-) hahaha!
    May 20, 2013. 05:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Seagate Technology - Are There Clouds Overhead Or In Its Books? [View article]
    I wanted to buy MCD a while ago... seems a bit overpriced now.

I've put a stop sell at $40 and I'll continue to ride the stock if it keeps going up.
    May 12, 2013. 02:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell In May And Go Away? Worst Investing Advice Or Sound Investment Choice? [View article]
    ALG,

it's not a 2 point stop, it's a $2 point stop. Since the stock has increased before I put my stop sell, I did it at $40 when the stock was at its highest level ($42.50). I'm now very close to my selling point but still hanging in there.
    May 10, 2013. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment