The Dividend Guy

View The Dividend Guy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Helmerich & Payne: Great Volatility Coming With Great Rewards [View article]
    It's a very good point. It is an highly fragmented market leaving place for lots of "small competition". The smaller drillers will probably start to disappear in the next two years and leave more space to bigger companies such as HP. Since HP balance sheet is pretty clean, they are in a better position than others to get more contracts. I doubt they will acquire other companies since there is very little differentiation from one rig to another. They are better off trying to get new contracts instead of buying a smaller competitors.
    Jul 30, 2015. 08:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmerich & Payne: Great Volatility Coming With Great Rewards [View article]
    So far, HP is in a very good position to gain additional market shares. I didn't disclose this information in my article, but while doing my research, I've notice that HP has the lowest debt ratio and highest level of cash. This should help the company going through the storm and gain additional contract as clients will want to do business with a strong company.
    Jul 29, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmerich & Payne: Great Volatility Coming With Great Rewards [View article]
    Jul 29, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmerich & Payne: Great Volatility Coming With Great Rewards [View article]
    Hi,
    There is not a 1.0 correlation between HP's business and the oil price. Therefore, we can't expect a payout ratio at 80% next year. I think it will probably be around 60% to 80% as HP also have several contracts for the next 2 years that will smoother earnings. Still, as any other play in the energy industry, this remains a volatile stock for the moment.
    Jul 29, 2015. 10:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Helmerich & Payne: Great Volatility Coming With Great Rewards [View article]
    good one!
    yes, in fact, the first four principles are directly related to my stock analysis process, the last 3 is more related to how I manage my portfolio as a whole. Therefore, it's not directly related to HP or any other dividend stock.

Thank you!
    Jul 29, 2015. 09:03 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 20 Strong Dividend Growth Stocks - Rock Solid Ranking Free Report [View article]
    Hello 2bears,
    I personally sold BNS earlier this year as I think it will take time until it bounce back. The Latin market won't support BNS growth at the moment. I prefer RY and TD at the moment.
    Cheers,
    MIke
    Jul 12, 2015. 06:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hello Royk01,

You are right, the list is composed of my top 10 US and top 10 Cdn stocks. Since I'm Canadian, I also include Canadian dividend stocks in most of my articles.

Cheers,

Mike.
    Jul 10, 2015. 03:02 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Potash - Undervalued Mining Dividend Stocks Turning Into Uncertainties [View article]
    Because there are lots of uncertainties around the price of potash in the future. Potash doesn't evolve in a smooth environment like Procter & Gamble for example. There are additional risks.
    Lately, several companies are showing negative returns because people fear what is happening right now with Greece and China.
    Jul 9, 2015. 12:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is definitely an advantage over the long haul as the USD will remain stronger than the CAD. We can see what is happening lately with both currencies; one is going up and the other one is going down.
    Off course, there are futures taken to smoother fluctuations (they are not always on our side!).
    Jul 9, 2015. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    very good timing patientmike!
    Jul 9, 2015. 11:03 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is The Best Canadian Bank? [View article]
    Because I own smaller financial such as NA.TO but I thought it would be more interesting for readers to learn more about the big 5. Plus I recently sold my holding in BNS.TO two months ago in order to make another trade (buying another stock that is not in this sector).
    Jun 29, 2015. 08:53 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is The Best Canadian Bank? [View article]
    I've tried the BMO covered call ETF and compared it for a period of 1 years vs banks performance, I was better off with banks than using the covered call ETF. It's a short period of time but I rather buy shares of companies I understand completely than buying a ETF with gray zones.
    Nonetheless, the ETF pays high dividend yield, if you look for income, it may be a better solution for you.
    Jun 29, 2015. 08:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Which Is The Best Canadian Bank? [View article]
    I've used all CAD values, sorry I should have mentioned it. Ycharts gives both CAD and USD values depending on which ticker you use (for example TD vs TD.TO for the Canadian market)
    Thx!
    Jun 29, 2015. 08:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Juicy Dividend, Can It Unlock The Value From AOL? [View article]
    I agree with you, below $46, the stock will hit its intrinsic value. Considering the potential upside included in the AOL transaction, this would be an interesting entry point.
    Cheers,
    Mike
    May 27, 2015. 08:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Verizon: Juicy Dividend, Can It Unlock The Value From AOL? [View article]
    Hello Henry,
    this is a good idea! I'll write something soon enough!
    Cheers,