The Dividend Pig

View The Dividend Pig's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • This Micro Cap Dividend Play Deserves a Spot on Your Watch List [View article]
    I really cannot believe the number of responses to Cold Stone here. I've never owned a franchise, but I always thought the whole idea was that you were buying a "proven" business model, and the help of those who have been successful with it before.

It truly saddens me that this company has done such awful things to it's franchisee's. Bankruptcy, divorce, the list goes on. I personally vow to never again set foot in a Cold Stone.
    Mar 5, 2011. 05:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dividend-Paying For-Profit College Stocks [View article]
    I suggest you do your research nwacklm. According to their 3rd quarter earnings report, released Nov.3, 2010,

"Lincoln is pleased to announce that our Board of Directors has authorized an annual cash dividend of $1.00 per share to be paid at $0.25 per share per quarter, reflecting the Board's confidence in the Company's financial strength and cash generation capabilities of our business. The first dividend will be payable on December 31, 2010, to shareholders of record on December 15, 2010. Lincoln anticipates paying a cash dividend in each quarter of 2011"

Here is the earnings report investors.lincolneduca...=
    Feb 28, 2011. 08:54 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Dogs of the Dow Worth Adopting [View article]
    I haven't yet had the opportunity to analyze Dupont. What is it about them that you like?
    Feb 20, 2011. 09:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Companies Paying Their First Dividend In 2011 [View article]
    I guess the president of the company is mistaken then...

"Based on our strong results, I’m pleased to announce that the Board of Directors has authorized the payment of twenty-five cents ($0.25) per share dividend payable September 2, 2011, to all shareholders of record on August 25, 2011. Additionally, the Board of Directors has declared their intention to consider paying dividends on a quarterly basis in the future."

This can be found on their website http://bit.ly/vLjhAJ
    Nov 11, 2011. 07:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lorillard: The Only U.S. Tobacco Stock Worth Owning [View article]
    Very good article. Well researched and articulated. I like the American tobacco market because of it's regulated monopoly and very loyal customers. A lot of focus is on MO and PM but I will look more into LO. Thanks
    Jul 25, 2011. 07:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart International: A True Growth Story [View article]
    mjk0259 - nice catch. That was my mistake, operating income should be in billions of dollars, not millions. Apologies.
    Jun 2, 2011. 06:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Growth Machines Near 52-Week Lows [View article]
    I own JNJ and would like to add ABT soon. I do not own HGIC but a close friend of mine and fellow investor does. He feels good about them, but like clayking, only has a modest position.
    Mar 24, 2011. 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment