The Ethical Investor

View The Ethical Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 4 Recent Cramer Stock Picks To Avoid [View article]
    The d/e ratio used is the long term debt to equity. I do not use cash as a negative debt.
    Mar 17, 2012. 11:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Residual Income-Based Valuation [View article]
    Thank you for the compliment. I was waiting for the $475 levels. I doubt the stock will get there though.
    Mar 17, 2012. 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Stock Is Overvalued By 43% [View article]
    Thanks Finian for the reply. I used to hold a similar view which is why I was long AIXG till a few hours ago. For the company to be a profitable investment, the EPS will have to rise back to $1.89 (2010 levels). Based on the projected growth rates, I really do not see that happening anytime soon. I think there are better opportunities elsewhere to make money.
    Mar 15, 2012. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • This Stock Is Overvalued By 43% [View article]
    A better opportunity to get out?
    Mar 15, 2012. 11:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • This Stock Is Overvalued By 43% [View article]
    Thank you for the reply. I agree that AIXG is not like the other firms (with the possible exception of VECO). I have presented the other firms for comparison and paid little weight to the other companies to project the future P/E.
    Mar 14, 2012. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs' Tech Picks: 3 To Buy, 2 To Avoid [View article]
    Actually, I am presenting the historical trends and using future outlook to come up with my valuations.
    Mar 13, 2012. 06:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Is Seriously Overvalued [View article]
    Yes, I never claimed otherwise.
    Mar 13, 2012. 06:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Is Seriously Overvalued [View article]
    Because i m more confident abt the relative valuation.
    Mar 13, 2012. 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs' Tech Picks: 3 To Buy, 2 To Avoid [View article]
    If you do not like betting against GS, you could always follow GS into A and ADSK.
    Mar 13, 2012. 05:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Goldman Sachs' Tech Picks: 3 To Buy, 2 To Avoid [View article]
    Hey, thanks for the comment. The purpose of the article to find out if it makes sense to follow goldman in these stocks. You are right, NOK might be a speculative play for Goldman, but when I buy a stock, I plan on holding it for approximately 5 years. My analysis is based on that implicit assumption.
    Mar 13, 2012. 04:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Is Seriously Overvalued [View article]
    Yes, i did..Not in the analysis shown above. I did a residual in come based valuation which primarily uses the book value. the valuation estimate for SIRI is lower than the one shown above.
    Mar 13, 2012. 03:22 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Is Seriously Overvalued [View article]
    People, I have no vested interest in the stock. In fact, I do not short stocks...ever. If I had, it would be mentioned in the disclosures. This article is in response to a request made by one of my followers who was interested in the company. I have never had interest in the firm and have therefore not analyzed it in the past. I do not expect everyone to accept the results of my analysis. If you think that SIRI is undervalued, then by all means go ahead and buy the stock or hold on to it.

If I was really after page views, I would have written a bullish article on SIRI, not a "short" one. A few page views do not make a material difference to me.
    Mar 13, 2012. 11:55 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Is Seriously Overvalued [View article]
    Homer985, thanks for your thoughtful points. I have indirectly accounted for the the NOL and all other assets of the company. This is earnings based relative valuation. The EPS and the growth rates take care of the NOL, deferred revenues etc. I was performing an absolute analysis, then I would have explicitly considered these points.
    Mar 13, 2012. 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius Is Seriously Overvalued [View article]
    Thanks for pointing that out. The original number in the article was base revenues. We have now updated the revenue number.
    Mar 13, 2012. 11:42 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Residual Income-Based Valuation [View article]
    I am more concerned about the rapid increase in share price. I think that the fundamentals do warrant and support the current price. But when was the market rational? I would also wait to buy stock. A decent pullback would be welcome.
    Mar 7, 2012. 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment