The Ethical Investor

View The Ethical Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Apple: A Residual Income-Based Valuation [View article]
    Thank you for the compliment. I was waiting for the $475 levels. I doubt the stock will get there though.
    Mar 17 01:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: A Residual Income-Based Valuation [View article]
    I am more concerned about the rapid increase in share price. I think that the fundamentals do warrant and support the current price. But when was the market rational? I would also wait to buy stock. A decent pullback would be welcome.
    Mar 7 02:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Future Trillion Dollar Company Trading At 46% Discount [View article]
    Thats ok...i knew that post was not meant for me. No harm done.
    Feb 25 01:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: 2 Steps To Boost Share Price [View article]
    I do know that and I do want the company to go to the shareholders asking their consent for the stock split.
    Feb 23 01:48 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Future Trillion Dollar Company Trading At 46% Discount [View article]
    Please see my disclosure.
    Feb 8 12:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Future Trillion Dollar Company Trading At 46% Discount [View article]
    Hey Kim,

I started out writing about the prospect of AAPL being a 2T company. My DCF and RV model gave me a time horizon that was not to my liking. Dropped the idea and stuck with what the numbers told me over the near term. Felt that 1T was a very realistic valuation in the next 3 years if the company continued to outperform its rivals. Unless I see something different, I see no reason to believe otherwise.
    Feb 8 12:15 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple: Future Trillion Dollar Company Trading At 46% Discount [View article]
    Any numbers to support your opinion?
    Feb 8 12:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Downside Risk: $290 Just Based on Cash [View article]
    First of all, you added long term investments to your cash balance to come up with the cash multiples. Cash and eqs are not the same as long term investments in my book.

Additionally, what happens if Apple acquires RIMM? since the cash has fallen by 15 billion (assuming for the sake of arguement that RIMM sells for 15 billion), Apple would have approximately 15 billion left + 25 billion in long term investments i.e. $43-44 a share. So, does that mean the stock can now fall to 180?

This analysis is meaningless to me. I would rather look at historical multiples to come up with my downside risk.
    Jun 20 06:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Battle of the Titans: Google vs. Apple [View article]
    I think thats a fair argument considering that AAPL's long term investments are in treasuries and corporate bonds. Updating my analysis results, the fair value of apple (avg of DCF and RV) increases to $330 which is coincidentally my 12-month price target.
    Sep 27 12:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Battle of the Titans: Google vs. Apple [View article]
    Actually, it implies a growth rate of closer to 18% in line with other analysts. And yes, I have been hiding under a rock. If I wasnt, i would have bought AAPL when it was trading at 90 3 yrs ago.
    Sep 24 08:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Battle of the Titans: Google vs. Apple [View article]
    I apologize. Its a typo. It should read $24,288. However, it does not change the valuation results in a meaningful way.
    Sep 24 11:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment