View as an RSS Feed
View The Financial Lexicon's Articles BY TICKER:
It's Time To Sell Hewlett-Packard Bonds
- Hewlett-Packard announced plans to split the company into two.
- The press release did not include details about how it will divide its debt and cash.
- It's time to sell Hewlett-Packard bonds.
Is Ben Bernanke Really 'Betting On Higher Interest Rates'?
- A recent article claims Ben Bernanke is "betting on higher interest rates".
- Nothing I can find in the press supports the idea that Bernanke is "betting on higher interest rates".
- When was the last time you heard of a "bubble" popping in an asset class in which most everyone is bearish?
Here's What's Wrong With HYG
- I have three strict requirements for investing in bonds.
- HYG has experienced periods of falling prices and falling yields-on-cost.
- For me to feel comfortable investing in HYG, it would require significantly lower prices.
4 Reasons The Jobs Report Stinks
- The headline numbers in the latest employment report look good.
- The headline numbers don't tell the whole story.
- There are four reasons the latest employment report stinks.
S&P 500 Earnings Data You'll Want To Bookmark
- Retail investors don’t always have access to information that institutional investors can access in the blink of an eye.
- S&P 500 earnings information can be a useful tool when forming an opinion about the markets.
- This article provides 20 years of historical S&P 500 earnings data as well as recent forward projections.
Verizon's Stock Is No Longer A 'Bond Substitute'
- Buying certain stocks as “bond substitutes” has been a fashionable trend in recent years.
- A new emerging trend toward issuing 20-year bonds offers a happy medium between the low yields associated with 10-year debt and the extremely long maturities associated with 30-year debt.
- Higher bond yields and a new 20-year bond make Verizon’s stock less appealing as a bond substitute.
Petrobras - Up To 7.25% Yields From This Energy Giant
- Despite today’s low-interest-rate environment, the bond market still provides occasional opportunities.
- Petrobras has a new six-part bond offering with yields up to 7.25%.
- I think the 10-year notes are the most attractive part of the offering.
- These Charts Speak Louder Than Words
- One Thing You Didn't Know About The Latest Jobs Report
- Unconventional Thoughts On Best Buy
- Adding Perspective On The Stock Market Sell-Off
- Buy Target While It's In The Penalty Box
- High-Yielding Preferred Stocks Start 2014 With A Bang
- 3 Things Every Stock Market Investor Should Consider
- The Financial Lexicon Positions For 2014: Individual Bonds Are The Way To Go
- Toll Brothers Bonds: Is 5.51% An Attractive Yield?
- The Case For A 0% Bond Allocation Is Weak
- 7% Yielding Preferreds For Income-Hungry Investors
- Thinking About Selling Stocks? Consider This First
- Diversifying Your Stock Portfolio - How You Do It Matters
- There's Still No Rush To Buy IBM
- Increase Your Income With BNY Mellon's Preferred Stock
- Here's Why I Care Very Little About Interest-Rate Risk
- The Battle For Bond Investors' Hearts - Bond Funds Vs. Individual Bonds
- Should You Sell All Long-Term Bonds Now? Not Necessarily
- Duke Energy: This 6% Yielding Security Is Worth A Look
- Gold Bonds - High Income Opportunities From These 4 Companies
- Bond 'Losses' Got You Down? Ask Yourself These 4 Questions
- Verizon's Blockbuster Bond Sale - Breaking Down The 8-Part Offering
- Buying Buybacks - Index Methodology Matters
- All Dividend-Growth Investors Are Not Created Equal
- Gold - Here's What You Need To Know