View as an RSS Feed
PRO Top Ideas
Top Ideas are high-conviction long or short ideas focused on market mispricings with asymmetric risk/reward profiles.
ALJ Regional Holdings: Building A Solid Holding Company, One Acquisition At A Time
- In short, we believe ALJ could be the beginning of a "baby Berkshire"; a holding company with a sharp eye for value and shareholder-friendly management.
- ALJ bought, revamped, and turned around a Kentucky Electric Steel Mill for a $76 million profit. They sold it last year.
- After paying off liabilities, ALJ returned a large portion of this profit to shareholders in the form of a 30 million "dutch auction" share buyback.
- We believe ALJ will optimize and increase profitability at the two new companies they recently acquired.
- We think ALJ could generate $175M in revenues and $25M in EBITDA and $0.50 fully diluted EPS in the next 12 months; we peg the company to be worth $7.50.
- Baker Street Capital's Big Bet: The Next Catalyst To Drive USA Truck Shares Higher
- Global Telecom: Near-Term Catalysts Should Close Relative Valuation Gap