The Growth Investor

View The Growth Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive [View article]
    Good post but I see no incentive for big banks to enter this sector on their own. They would actually need to sell the loans they currently earn interest on and it would hurt their profits. Perhaps the big banks could find more loan originations with a new platform but LC controls most of the feeders. I think it's much more likely that LC becomes a takeover candidate (hopefully with several banks competing) at a much higher valuation.
    Dec 23, 2014. 08:34 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive [View article]
    Good post. I also added more to my LC position today. My time horizon is 5-10 years and I'll continue to add on all pullbacks.
    Dec 23, 2014. 04:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive [View article]
    I'm backing up the truck....just added more to my position.
    Dec 22, 2014. 03:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive [View article]
    I think it's important that your claims about LC are supported by an explanation and facts.

"I'm arguing is that on the investor side, the platform side, they don't have a system in place or deep access to capital markets to become a $9 billion dollar business."

That was a good one! I'm sure the former CEO of Morgan Stanley and the former Secretary of the US Treasury Department (just to name two of LC's board members) don't know anything about accessing the capital markets.

Also, the platform is scalable. Just wait until LC expands to other types of consumer loans...the potential is limitless.
    Dec 21, 2014. 11:30 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive [View article]
    Yup, it's that simple. On most loans LC takes a 4-5 percent origination fee and they charge investors a 1 percent fee on all payments received. They have no risk on the loans and I believe the company will grow to become highly profitable.

It's going to be a volatile ride but I plan to add on all pullbacks and hold for many years.
    Dec 20, 2014. 10:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • LendingClub: Overvalued And Not Disruptive [View article]
    The current net margin for LC, or for any tech startup, can't be used for determining the future valuation so I respectfully disagree with your entire reverse engineering model. Also, CIT Group is a middle market lender and in a completely different sector of lending than LC.

So, here is a FACT for you: There is actually $3.3 trillion in U.S. consumer debt outstanding. It increases $13-15 billion a month. LC is just starting to scratch the surface and they will radically disrupt lending around the world.
    Dec 20, 2014. 09:39 PM | 11 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Infographic - How Much Is Lending Club Stock Worth? [View article]
    I'm very happy with Prosper although LC has a larger volume of notes. I hope to invest on both in the fututre but I've built a nice portfolio on Prosper and it yields almost 15%.
    Dec 11, 2014. 04:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Infographic - How Much Is Lending Club Stock Worth? [View article]
    Thanks for the article. Just one point - LC takes no business or credit risk with the notes they sell to investors. There are no public comparisons to this business model. I currently invest on Prosper (only because of the state I live in) and I'll be a buyer of LC stock on Thursday morning.
    Dec 9, 2014. 06:05 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Squllier's Declaration Sheds Light On Bankruptcy Details For GT Advanced Technologies [View article]
    LOL. Apple has new contracts in place...they don't need furnaces.
    Oct 29, 2014. 04:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    0.000000%. Clear enough? Apple wants nothing to do with GTAT or their equipment.
    Oct 29, 2014. 04:46 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Matt - I assume all your great "inside sources" at GTAT forgot to mention any of these details? They must have been too busy telling you that production was ahead of schedule for the iPhone 6...........give it a rest man!!!
    Oct 29, 2014. 04:41 PM | 13 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Yeah, I would compare this info to Matt's $87 price target...just great......
    Oct 29, 2014. 04:38 PM | 18 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • TechPrecision (TPCS) Update [View instapost]
    How is your GTAT stock performing?
    Oct 23, 2014. 04:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • GT Advanced Technologies: Can Current Shareholders Walk Away With Any Value? [View article]
    Let me pull myself up off the ground....that's a good one!! Must have come from Matt's best "source".......
    Oct 8, 2014. 06:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Exactly. And in 23 articles and hundreds of comments he never said "sorry"!!!!!!!!!! or "I was wrong"!!!!!!!!!!
    Oct 8, 2014. 04:41 PM | 19 Likes Like |Link to Comment