The Illogical Investor

View The Illogical Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 4 Reasons To Buy Echo Therapeutics [View article]
    I have found it difficult to find information on this subject as interestingly the referral is not mentioned on the company website. My understanding is that ECTE are now concentrating on launching in the EU.

I suspect the process will not be quick.
    May 30 06:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 4 Reasons To Buy Echo Therapeutics [View article]
    The FDA has formally referred the Prelude Skin Prep System to the DHHS Combination Products Department. This will delay the products launch in the US.
    May 29 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Though it opened higher after delivering a Q1 beat, Velti (VELT -25%) has since crashed. The mobile ad agency's Q2 revenue guidance was above Street estimates, but its 2012 guidance of $283M-$296M was only in-line with a $289.5M consensus, and could be disappointing some. Needham (Buy) likes Velti's strong Q1, but notes its cash balance fell 46% Q/Q, and thinks investors want to see an improvement in Velti's revenue collection - trade receivables rose 20% Q/Q to $85.5M.  [View news story]
    Looks like the cash spend was one time against acquisitions and facilities capex.
    May 16 01:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Biotechnology FDA Approval Catalyst Strategy [View article]
    Whatever happened to ECTE decision? I can't find any reference on FDA website.
    May 10 07:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Commodities, Agriculture and Water: Today's Best Investment Themes [View article]
    Any sort of investment vehicle that buys a physical commodity that it is tracking will support the price of that commodity. Granted not all ETFs are buying the physical commodity they track.

Whether you like me or not is of no relevance to my article or me.
    Nov 25 09:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Well my post certainly stimulated debate and I would beg to differ with your opinion as there is certainly nothing covert about my article.

The themes I believe that will be at the forefront for investment opportunities are spelt out with specific stocks mentioned. I do not mention any ETF's by name or promote them as a way to gain exposure to the articles themes. They are simply mentioned as a support pillar for the gold price.

Personally, If I was looking at two ETFs with exposure to the same sector then I would favour the ETF that is physically backed by the commodity, rather than one based on futures. They are certainly not all frauds as all companies are not all frauds... a small percentage may be but not all.

I also don't promote the idea that there are "plentiful" supplies of gold, on the contrary I am of the opinion supply is constrained.
    Nov 24 10:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How to Benefit From Expected Bull Market in Uranium [View article]
    That is certainly an option.

My understanding is that UPF is an investment company set up to purchase uranium. A manager, Denison Mining, has been appointed and they pick up some pretty hefty fees for managing the IC.

Denison is a uranium miner themselves, so maybe a conflict of interest there. Not saying there is.... just that there maybe opportunity for this.

I prefer the junior miners as I believe there is greater upside and M&A possibilities.

Check out my coal blog... favourite coal pick Western Coal is up +40% today on takeover talk from Walter Ind...I expect the same in uranium space.
    Nov 18 10:45 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment