The Manual of Ideas
This user currently has no profile.
Great ideas are the lifeblood of the investment business and the exclusive focus of The Manual of Ideas. Authored by investment and finance professionals who have grown up on the teachings of Ben Graham, Warren Buffett and Joel Greenblatt, and have studied under or worked with luminaries such as Yale Chief Investment Officer David Swensen and Economics Nobel Laureate James Tobin, MOI delivers timely, differentiated investment ideas. In a market flooded with data and opinion, we deliver clarity.
- Description: Newsletter author.
- Interests: Stocks - long
The Manual of Ideas (monthly) The Manual of Ideas sets a new standard in idea generation for sophisticated investors — It is the next best thing to having a direct view into the idea generation work of superinvestors such as Warren Buffett, Seth Klarman or Glenn Greenberg. As Glenn points out, "We do similar work ourselves." What is the ...More
work we do? Each month, the Manual of Ideas research team combs through equity markets utilizing our proprietary idea funnel and brings you a review of 20-25 pre-qualified investment opportunities. In addition, we apply a proprietary, quasi-quantitative scoring methodology to zero in on the 3-5 most compelling investments each month. The resulting Top Ideas are a must-read list of timely, alpha-packed stocks. * See what investment industry leaders are saying: "The Manual of Ideas is a tremendous effort and very well put together." —Mohnish Pabrai, Founder and Managing Partner, Pabrai Investment Funds "We do similar work ourselves." —Glenn Greenberg, Founder and Managing Director, Chieftain Capital Management, Inc. "I highly recommend MOI—the thoroughness of the product coupled with the quality of the content makes it an invaluable tool for the serious investor." —Tim Davis, Managing Director, Bluestem Asset Management, LLC * See what financial editors and educators are saying: "Your reports provide serious investors with a plethora of bargain stocks and sound advice. I highly recommend them." —Miguel Barbosa, Editor, Simoleon Sense "Your team is doing amazing work. Keep it up." —Joe Koster, Editor, Value Investing World "This is the best institutional-quality equity research to come along in a long time. It not only unearths companies with compelling risk-reward profiles but also analyzes them with a clear understanding of business economics and competitive dynamics." —Pavel Savor, Assistant Professor of Finance, The Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania * See what other investors are saying: "I am (as always) impressed with your work." —Mark Sproule, New York City "Impressive." —Scott Proper, Vail, Colorado
LATEST STOCKTALK more »
Contents of new Superinvestor Issue of The Manual of Ideas: http://bit.ly/lTS25k. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for free extended excerpt. May 29, 2011
Latest Comments more »
- Yes, got it. It does seem l... on Why Warren Buffett Invested in Verisk Analytics
- Thank you -- that's very he... on Why Warren Buffett Invested in Verisk Analytics
- Could you point us to a pas... on Why Warren Buffett Invested in Verisk Analytics
- We've only seen the transcr... on Why the 'Magic Formula' Favors For-Profit Educa...
- He wasn't selling anything ... on Why the 'Magic Formula' Favors For-Profit Educa...
Latest comments on The Manual's Articles
- f4iama on Tetragon Financial May Not Be Undervalued for Long
- Dunson Kelly on 'Circle of Competence': What Buffett Really Meant
- Dutch Trader on Tetragon Financial May Not Be Undervalued for Long
- DeepValueLover on Why Value Investors Are Missing an Opportunity ...
- metal27 on Why Warren Buffett Invested in Verisk Analytics