View as an RSS Feed
View The Operations Room's Articles BY TICKER:
- Macy's Tailoring Store Stock; Using Sales Clerks as Anthropologists
- Who Buys Diapers at Midnight?
- China Moves Up the Value Chain
- Is 'Fast Fashion' Fading?
- Globalization and Energy Efficient Light Bulbs
- Thoughts on Wind Turbines and Manufacturing
- Wait! Car Dealers Say They Really Need More Inventory
- Nordstrom Proves the Power of Pooling Inventory
- RyanAir and Airline Fees
- How Will Electronics Manufacturers Deal With Long Waits for Components?
- 'Slow Steaming' to Affect Retailers as Shipping Supply and Demand Are Out of Whack
- Exxon and BP: Process vs. Firefighting
- Should We Blame Lean Manufacturing for the Recent Gadget Supply Shortage?
- Changing Gears at Bank of America
- Toyota's Next Move
- A Motor City for India?
- Labor Costs and the Impact on the iPhone Supply Chain
- Smoothing the Smoothie Launch at McDonald's
- On Airlines and Lines
- Made in China: Where Will Retailers' Sewing Get Done?
- Swatch: Soon to Become a Sub-Component Supplier?
- Why Firms May Pull Out of China
- Online Grocers and Operations Systems: What Scale for Profitability?
- 'Onshoring' Making a Comeback
- Detroit, Operations Strategy and Life After the Big 3
The Remaking of U.S. Manufacturing
Feb. 8, 2010 • 4 Comments