The Part-time Investor

View The Part-time Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
    Brazo,

I have submitted a correction to SA to fix the dividend and yield for OHI, and the total dividends and yield for the whole portfolio. Thank you for picking up that error.
    May 19, 2015. 02:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Heg!
    May 19, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thanks for your comment Dale.
    May 19, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    jimbob,

Agreed!
    May 19, 2015. 11:51 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    May 19, 2015. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Tax,

I just bought RY. When it pays me my first dividend I'll let you know if any tax is withheld.
    May 19, 2015. 11:50 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    kolpin,

That is correct. I only made the change with this addendum. As of writing the original update I had not added the new Chowder numbers.
    May 19, 2015. 11:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thanks for your input Rose. Always nice to see you top by. I'll keep an eye on DEO and maybe I'll buy it back at a lower price. We'll see what happens.
    May 18, 2015. 06:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    LTD,

I hope some cash falls into your lap so you can buy it. I may buy it back eventually as well, once I figure the tax thing out.
    May 18, 2015. 06:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thanks Toro. I will look into it.
    May 18, 2015. 05:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thank you Tax. I will have to look into this topic as a whole much more thoroughly. Still a lot of details I don't have down.

Still, I'm comfortable with the moves I made, even if they were for the wrong reason.
    May 18, 2015. 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    lobeta, Chowder and Boom,

Thanks for you input. I will look into it. I still have so much to learn!
    May 18, 2015. 05:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Love,

As it turns out you may be right. I though I had taxes withheld from my DEO dividends, but as I just reviewed my statements again it turns out I was wrong. Only BIP and NVS had the withholdings. Oh well, my bad. But no harm no foul, right? At least now I know that if DEO pops up on my screen I'll be OK to buy it.
    May 18, 2015. 03:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    grew,

I guess that's what makes a market, right? Perhaps I even bought my shares from your shorts positions. LOL. Only time will tell what will happen, but my screen has worked well for me so far so I'll keep trusting it until it gives me reason not too.
    May 18, 2015. 03:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Brazo,

Thank you for that info. I will look into it.
    May 18, 2015. 03:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment