The Part-time Investor

View The Part-time Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Get Your Smart Beta Here! Dividend Growth Stocks As 'Strategic Beta' Investments [View article]
    WOW!!!!! Once again Dave you blew me away. Amazing article. Thank you.
    Aug 21, 2015. 11:07 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Undervalued And Overvalued Dividend Champions - August '15 [View article]
    Gap,

I agree that the oils are scary, but I have to keep emotion out of it and stick to my system. So I'm keeping my oils. And even adding more at times. i think in the long run this will turn out to be great buying opportunity.
    Aug 12, 2015. 11:18 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Ear. Glad youare enjoyingthe articles.
    Aug 12, 2015. 11:17 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you DH. Glad you like them.
    Aug 12, 2015. 11:12 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    George,

Yes, once you find a stock who's PAAY is significantly higher than usual, you must research it to find out why. If it is something that the company will over come eventually then it might be a buying opportunity. But if it appears to be a real significant problem to the underlying business then you probably want to stay away. A dividend cut is likly to happen in the near future.
    Aug 12, 2015. 10:59 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Full Time? No. I just do this for fun when I can. I'm glad you like my PAAY articles. Keep reading! :-)
    Aug 12, 2015. 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Maybe,

I'll see what I can do.
    Aug 12, 2015. 10:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 20 Dividend Growth Stocks To Buy Today For Your Retirement Portfolios: Part 1 [View article]
    I own 7 of these. Just recently bought IBM and RY and added more to QCOM. Thanks for making me feel good Chuck. :-)
    Aug 8, 2015. 01:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Falls... And Lands In My Dividend Growth Portfolio [View article]
    Hey Mike,

You documented here the exact reasons why, even though it is not yet a dividend challenger, I too bought AAPL. I violated my own rules of not considering anything not on the CCC list because the opportunity just seemed to good to pass up. I know in a few years AAPL will appear on the CCC list, and the price and dividend will more than justify my decision. In for a full position at 115.
    Aug 6, 2015. 07:46 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    For those who are interested I have calculated the average and the median PAAY for the 1yr and 5 yr time periods, for all the Dividend Champions.

1yr average = 3.08%
    1yr median = 2.61%
    5yr average = 0.00% (! How about that!)
    5yr median = -4.95%

So over-all, based on a one year time period, the Dividend Champions seem actually to be a little undervalued. Based on the five year period they are fairly valued.

Any thoughts?
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:27 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Sum.
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    gfmn,

I couldn't agree more. Thank you for your comment.
    Aug 4, 2015. 07:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Diamond,

Yes, WBA is an example where PAAY might point out that a stock has become overvalued. Of course it is not the only way, it is just one way. I too own WBA and think it has gotten too high too fast. But it is still paying me a rising dividend so I will continue to hold it.
    Aug 4, 2015. 05:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Aug 4, 2015. 05:42 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    OH! Now I understand what you meant by direct deposit, BlueOkie. Sorry for my confusion. I reinvest all my dividends, although I don't necessarily DRIP. I collect them and every quarter I reinvest them into stocks of my choosing, usually based in their PAAY.
    Aug 4, 2015. 05:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment