The Part-time Investor

View The Part-time Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
    Michael,

I just am too much of a chicken to fight the market. Since the market goes up about 65-70% of the time I'd rather be on the long side.
    Jun 6, 2015. 08:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    PDE,

No problem, and I'm happy to have you comment. It just didn't seem to have anything to do with my article.
    Jun 6, 2015. 08:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    dickbrown,

Thanks. Another typo. I sent in the edit to have it corrected. Once again the data posted is correct, but it is for Cintas Corp (CTAS) not Cognizant (CTSH). Thanks again for everybody who is checking up on me.
    Jun 6, 2015. 08:10 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    SDS,

Thanks for your comment. Yes, companies change, and there can be value traps. Once again that is why I say further due diligence is required.
    Jun 5, 2015. 11:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Undervalued And Overvalued Dividend Champions [View article]
    Thanks Miz. I guess my memory isn't what it used to be. Have I written other articles?? I can't remember.
    Jun 5, 2015. 11:21 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    SDS,

You got that sense too? Not too subtle, was he? lol
    Jun 5, 2015. 11:20 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Happy Birthday! My Dividend Growth Portfolio's 7th Birthday Report [View article]
    VARAN,

Did you recommend this mix of SPY and MDY back in 2008?
    Jun 5, 2015. 11:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Timmies,

Thanks for your comment. I agree that the Dividend Challengers list is already a great place to start. It is a list full of quality companies. Looking at the yield, and then looking for even more information is just a continuation of the process that starts with the CCC list.
    Jun 5, 2015. 09:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    emac,

You're right. Same basic thing. You do the due diligence first, and then check for the mis-pricing. I present these lists as a starting point, but also say that further research is necessary. The order doesn't matter as long as all everything is addressed.
    Jun 5, 2015. 09:05 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Buzz,

Wow! Thanks for that. I will look up that newsletter.
    Jun 5, 2015. 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Fool,

Chowder already mentioned AT&T. I'll say that some of the utilities can fit the bill as well. I don't have any specific ones in mind, but there should be some with very low volatility and a good yield.

Thanks for commenting.
    Jun 5, 2015. 08:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    B&H2012,

I'm quite familiar with your S&P 500 criteria. It works for you and that is great. I, myself, always want to be fully invested. That way I am maximizing my dividend income. I'm not willing to keep money on the sidelines waiting for a market correction. Yes, even attractively priced stocks can be dragged down with the S&P, but once I buy it, at a good price and with a good dividend, I'm not too worried if the price gets dragged down. I'll just keep collecting the dividend year after year.

I've done a few backtests and I've found that staying fully invested gives better results than waiting for market corrections, as you do. Again, you are happy with how you do it, and that is fantastic. And I've learned a lot from you. But I prefer to stay fully invested.
    Jun 5, 2015. 08:53 PM | 17 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Undervalued And Overvalued Dividend Champions [View article]
    Thanks to David Fish, who pointed out my error, a correction has been made to the "Lowest 5 yr PAAY" chart. Magnum Hunter Resources (MHR) has been corrected to McGraw Hill Financial (MHFI). The data posted for the yield and PAAY are correct. Somewhere along the line I must have typed "R" instead of "FI", and from there it all got screwed up. My apologies.

Thank you everybody who keeps an eye on me and keeps pointing out my typos and errors.
    Jun 5, 2015. 06:43 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment