The Part-time Investor

• The Most Undervalued And Overvalued Dividend Champions [View article]
    Grisly,

My pleasure :-)
    Jun 5, 2015. 03:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Undervalued And Overvalued Dividend Champions [View article]
    Grisley,

Here are the numbers for KO.

Yield = 3.22%
    1 yr average yield = 2.98%
    5 yr average yield = 2.83%
    1 yr PAAY = 8.11%
    5 yr PAAY = 13.73%

So based on PAAY alone it does seem to be undervalued, just not as much as the top 10 stocks for each time period. Of course further due diligence is required to decide whether or not to invest in KO.
    Jun 5, 2015. 02:12 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Most Undervalued And Overvalued Dividend Champions [View article]
    Brazo,

Thanks for pointing out my errors. BEN's dividend yield is actually 1.18% with a 1yr average of 0.98%. The PAAY number is accurate. I have sent in a corrected to the editors for that and for the incorrect MDT number.

Thanks for proofreading for me. :-)
    Jun 5, 2015. 02:08 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Happy Birthday! My Dividend Growth Portfolio's 7th Birthday Report [View article]
    Paul,

I own shares of BBL but I see no sign in my account that I received any shares of South32. I have contacted my broker to find out what happened, but do you have any idea why I might not have received the shares? I have owned BBL for many years. Thanks
    Jun 4, 2015. 03:10 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Great Job Dave! Thanks for the update, and thanks for being such an inspiration to me, and others.
    Jun 1, 2015. 10:31 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    6 out of the 10. I don't own AAPL, F, DIS, XOM.
    Jun 1, 2015. 09:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Keys Why Retired Investors Should Put Maximum Focus And Weight On Dividends [View article]
    bsorge,

How do you know, before it happens, which stocks are going to give you that kind of return? How do you know if you are in the early stages of a bull market?
    May 30, 2015. 05:24 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Chuck,

Thank you for what, for me, is a very timely article! I too believe that comparing a stock's present yield to it's average historical yield can be a good indicator of whether or a not that stock is under valued, over valued, or fairly valued. I have been doing this each quarter for all the stocks I own in my portfolio to try to determine which of my stocks are good candidates for reinvestment (I do not DRIP. I selectively reinvest my dividends).

To take this idea a bit further, for the past week I have been preparing a spread sheet for each stock on the Dividend Champions list, calculating the average yield over the past one and five years, and comparing the present yield to those two averages to come up with the Percentage Above Average Yield (PAAY) for each stock. I will then rank all 107 Champions compared to each other to figure which have the highest and lowest PAAY, and therefore which may be the most undervalued and most over valued. I plan on writing an article to show the results, and do an update each month to show how the results change over time. I know that using this PAAY metric is not the only research that needs to be to determine if a stock should be bought, but some may find that this could be a good starting place.

The fact that you, one of the SA contributors I respect the most, is writing an article on just this topic, helps me feel like what I'm working on is a worthwhile endeavor. I hope to have the first in the series written by the end of this weekend. I hope you, and others, will find the results interesting.

PTI
    May 30, 2015. 05:14 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    FD,

"I am still hoping to be proven wrong some day by some real live data, over at least more than one fixed time period."

I'm working on it. So far so good. :-)
    May 26, 2015. 07:29 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Investing Requires Perseverance [View article]
    FD,

But when you invest in quality the situation you describe is much less likely to happen. It will, in fact, be the exception.
    May 26, 2015. 07:28 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    U.S.A.! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!!
    May 26, 2015. 07:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Brazo,

I have submitted a correction to SA to fix the dividend and yield for OHI, and the total dividends and yield for the whole portfolio. Thank you for picking up that error.
    May 19, 2015. 02:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thank you Heg!
    May 19, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Addendum To My Q1 KISS Portfolio Update [View article]
    Thanks for your comment Dale.
    May 19, 2015. 11:52 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment