The Part-time Investor

View The Part-time Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
    Swamp,

I was still in residency, making less than minimum wage. (That is what 80+ hr work weeks will do to your pay rate). I had no investments.
    Apr 16 09:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Zvi,

Myself, of course. :-)
    Apr 16 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My KISS Dividend Portfolio: 1st Quarter 2014 Update [View article]
    it's always difficult to determine if a stock is over valued. Especially with a great company like WAG. But we have to put our trust into something and I trust the visuals I get from FAST Graphs. So I'm comfortable using FG to tell me when it is time to trim a position.
    Apr 16 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Scott,

No, I do not plan on doing that. That sounds to me too much like trading. Once I sell part of a position I will put that money into a different stock that meets my buying criteria. I will not hold on to those funds, waiting/hoping that I can buy the stock back at a lower price.
    Apr 16 09:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Steven,

You are talking about YOC. This is something I am not interested in following. I discussed it above in a response to another comment.

Thank you for commenting. I appreciate your input.
    Apr 16 09:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    ieipi,

What do you mean someday? Why can't you develop a similar model right now? Nothing stopping you. But I would just like to ask you one thing. Please don't trade. Invest.

Good luck
    Apr 16 09:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Beichenlaub and Chowder,

Thank you for answering User's question.
    Apr 16 09:21 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    DrG,

Glad my article helped to bring you to your A-HA moment. Good luck with your journey!
    Apr 16 09:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Billinsd,

Thanks for reading and thanks for your comment. Good luck with SBUX and everything else.
    Apr 16 09:14 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Lionel,

Not work at all. i enjoy it. And how much fun can it be to just invest in a single ETF? Not much, if you ask me.

PTY has paid a healthy dividend for many years. The 7.40% present yield is actually on the low side for PTY.
    Apr 16 09:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Sonic,

You are absolutely correct. Fortunately, for me, taxes are not an issue (at least not until my retirement). But everybody must be aware of them and how they affect their decisions.
    Apr 16 09:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Emac,

Thanks for your kind comments. I'm always happy to hear from people doing similar things to me and being successful at it. It validates what I am trying to do.

Keep reading and keep commenting. And good luck in your retirement.
    Apr 16 09:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Nicholas,

Thanks for your comment, and thanks for reading my article. If you are able to get anything out of it that helps you with your investing then I am thrilled.

Good luck.
    Apr 16 09:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    StockMike,

Thank YOU. For your very kind comment.
    Apr 16 09:00 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My KISS Dividend Portfolio: 1st Quarter 2014 Update [View article]
    I guess I'm just trying to straddle the fence between the lower yielding and the higher yielding stocks.
    Apr 16 08:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment