The Patient Investor

View The Patient Investor's Comments BY TICKER:
Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 5 Canadian Oil and Gas Stocks to Invest In [View article]
    I looked up the latest financial statements and I wouldn't invest in the company.
    Mar 10 09:54 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Canadian Oil and Gas Stocks to Invest In [View article]
    I will go back and confirm this. I thought the latest one on their website said 15 - 18 and the earlier one is 13 - 15. I may have picked this up somewhere else. Thanks for the comment.
    Mar 9 11:56 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money in Canadian Oil and Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    Most of the time the quote on Schwab and what I wind up trading at is 1/2 cent to 1 cent difference in price from the bid if I am dealing in 1000 share lots using a market order. On some thinly traded issues it has been 3 to 5 cents . When I have put in limit orders I have missed the stock when the price has moved up and then had to buy the stock for 5 up to 25 cent more so I usually just buy the stuff at market but a lot depends on what the stock is doing price wise and what the spread is.
    It was my understanding that both the TSX venture and the TSX were both exchanges only difference being size and stock price of the company. They are separate exchanges under the same organization.
    If you click on the blue "good website" at the bottom of the fourth paragraph it will give you more information on how to trade in Canada.
    If you have any remaining questions please post another comment.
    Mar 7 06:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Oil Does the U.S. Have in the Ground - What Does It Mean for Investors? [View article]
    Thank you very much for you comments regarding XTO. I new they were one of the leading big independent oil companies. But I wasn't aware of all their capabilities that you mentioned or the land positions.

I wrote this article for two reasons the first is to get the oil industry into high gear in drilling oil bearing land which they are doing and try to help the balance of payment deficit which this will do. The big problem as I see it is that a lot of the prime land is held by smaller operators that don't have the resources to develop it in timely manner and the majors may be developing it but at a very slow rate which I think will take 10 to 15 years according to my projections.

Why don't they get a group of companies to come out through an Industry group and pledge to Produce 2 or 3 million additional barrels a month in 3 to 5 years to move towards US energy independence. From what I can see they have the oil resource in the bakken to produce at least 30 to 40 percent of this there. I understand why the secrecy but they don't have to disclose all the information. Just that they feel they have the resource base to accomplish this with in the Continental US not including off shore areas. The government isn't or can't do this so why not industry.

This could be accomplished through joint ventures farm ins and or financing, maybe some purchases of assets by the bigger companies. It would certainly help the industry's public image. The speculators and investors may drive up the price of oil like 2008 and then the crash of 2009 all over again if someone doesn't try something. These big oil companies have rigs or can get them from other countries to accomplish this if the rigs aren't available in the US.
    Mar 5 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money in Canadian Oil and Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    Psmith819,

I am sorry I miss read your post thought you were directing the question to me.
    Mar 3 05:16 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money in Canadian Oil and Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    Thank you for your comments, the key is doing the research on the company reading and analyzing the company's presentation and financials. And not investing in the Canadian market when metal or oil prices are declining.
    There are always risks in anything we do, ask AIG management if they understood the credit default swap risk. I suggest you put the companies on a watch list and check them every 6 months for the next two to three years. It isn't an instant path to riches I looked at between 100 and 125 companies to find my Canadian companies each one has different risks and potential rewards.
    For instance, CLLZF is primarily a SAGD producer in the oil Sands of northern Canada, they do have a small refinery in Great Falls Montana. They just brought on a second pod in the oil sands this past quarter this should increase production by 6,000 barrels a day and should increase by 1,000 to 2,000 barrels more this quarter. The operating cash flow should go from 6 cents a share per quarter to 10 to 12 cents a quarter not including any one off items. They also have over 100 drilling locations for conventional type oil in a new play on their legacy land assets which they are just beginning to drill. They are planning a further increase in production by 24,000 barrels a day in the oil Sands. Down side they have a lot of debt and shares so if the price of oil declines they could have financial problems. So when I started buying I was paying $1.30 a share or 3.2 next years cash flow per share.
    Mar 2 10:33 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Making Money in Canadian Oil and Gold Mining Stocks [View article]
    This is my first article and I have never recommended Talison Lithium, I do have Talison Lithium on my watch and I did do a fast analysis of the stock. I think it is a little overpriced at the present time and I will wait to enter at a better price. Having said that the company appears to be in good shape financially and you will probably make money on it if you hold it for a while they are bringing more production on line. The company is Austrialian and you need to be carefull about the number of shares outstanding in the future. They currently have about 115 million common shares, stock options and warrants outstanding. There was a reverse 1/4 spilt in a former company, I usually avoid Austrialian companies because their shares reproduce faster than rabbits and Canadian companies.
    Mar 2 08:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment