Theodore Cohen

View Theodore Cohen's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Dendreon's Provenge: A Major Focus At The European Cancer Congress 2013 [View article]
    Don't assume anything, Wheaton.
    Sep 16, 2013. 04:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I sold my few remaining shares to use the tax loss against gains in other biotech stocks that have performed better this year (e.g., CELG).

Ted
    Sep 16, 2013. 10:37 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks. It's an interesting confluence of events...this conference and the possible release of information on EU approval (which could occur at any time).

Ted
    Sep 16, 2013. 09:43 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    Thanks, RP...but not, I haven't been following that sector, nor that issue. Sorry.

Ted
    Sep 16, 2013. 09:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    There is no denying it will be a positive.

Ted
    Sep 16, 2013. 07:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    Hi, RP...

Thanks for starting my day off on a positive note.

Yes, it's interesting to see how things play out today in investors' minds...on anyone's mind, for that matter. Very little willingness on most people's part to take responsibility for their actions. In the military, we used to hear "My wife, my kid, my dog." (You may or may not remember that phrase, as well.)

The failure of the AV-7 trial was truly startling, especially given some of the responder results we saw from the Phase 2 study (some data from which I have posted on several Internet fora).

Frankly, over the years, I have traded in an out of VICL based on technical analysis, always making money. Now, I have a loss in the shares I'm holding. But I am holding, because I believe their CMV treatment and herpes vaccine hold promise.

I wish you well. And again, thanks for starting the morning off on a positive note.

Ted
    Sep 16, 2013. 07:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    That is outstanding! Few, indeed, are those who would take such actions. (And I do apologize to you, personally...you are one in a million!)

My one attempt to effect change on the BOD of a company met with utter failure I proposed a candidate (which was quite a lengthy process and required the submission of considerable data and information, both on the candidate and me). Alas, he was rejected. Yet, I had to try, just as you did.

To thine own self be true.

Bravo!!!

Ted
    Sep 13, 2013. 03:40 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    I'm not against complaining, per se...it demonstrates that a person recognizes something may be out of whack. What's irritating is that few people act on their convictions. Most are just content to wring their hands and commiserate with others, ad infinitum, ad nauseum. (;>)

Thanks for stopping by.

Ted
    Sep 13, 2013. 02:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    I'm not here to defend VJ or the CEO of any other company. If you have no confidence in the management of VICL, then do something...write the chairman of the board of directors and demand VJ's ouster...write all of the members of the board of directors, demanding the same. Write the major funds holding this company's stock and ask what they are going to do to protect their interests. I'm constantly amazed at the amount of handwringing here and on other venues, and the lack of action by complaining parties.

When you have to shoot...shoot! Don't talk!

Sep 13, 2013. 08:05 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    I'm sure you've done the research, Bobby. Please share with us.

Ted
    Sep 12, 2013. 04:18 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    For those interested in the proof-of-concept studies, here are the papers:

Vaxfectin-adjuvanted plasmid DNA vaccine improves protection and immunogenicity in a murine model of genital herpes infection

A Vaxfectin(®)-adjuvanted HSV-2 plasmid DNA vaccine is effective for prophylactic and therapeutic use in the guinea pig model of genital herpes

Sep 12, 2013. 01:06 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    And you forgot NanoBio's work.

Sep 12, 2013. 10:07 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    His partners wouldn't agree. The company has money to run well into 2015 and has no debt.
    Sep 12, 2013. 10:00 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    Clearly there's a big market there.
    Sep 12, 2013. 09:58 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Vical's Herpes Vaccine: An Update [View article]
    You have such an eloquent way with words, Bobby.

Ted