Tim Iacono

View Tim Iacono's Comments BY TICKER:
  • It Could Be A Nasty Spring For Precious Metals [View article]
    I'd read the GLD prospectus and make your own judgment on that controversial subject.

The dollar/gold inverse correlation is one of the more reliable ones out there - I always think of it as the gold price won't rise and will probably fall when the dollar rises, but anything else goes.

China currency and Volker Rule - who knows? The PBOC has certainly bought a lot of gold without making any official announcement (they surely had some reason to buy the stuff) and anything that leads to big banks having less of an impact on markets is probably good.
    Mar 30 06:03 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • After The Sell-Off: A Bright Spot For Gold [View article]
    Gold ETF flows and Comex positioning seem to be pretty consistent - see this Bloomberg article for details on the latter:
    Mar 24 08:55 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Price Set To Resume Its Long-Term Upward Trend [View article]
    Not good short-term, as evidenced by the $10 drop on Friday.
    Mar 10 08:08 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Price Set To Resume Its Long-Term Upward Trend [View article]
    My guess is that we're done retesting the sub-$1,200 lows.
    Mar 10 08:07 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold Price Set To Resume Its Long-Term Upward Trend [View article]
    Yes, Koos does good work and I've referenced his stuff on a number of occasions recently.

It should be interesting to see how his data looks in another couple weeks since there is a lag in reporting from his sources (e.g., Shanghai Gold Exchange).
    Mar 10 08:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Developments In Washington Will Drive Precious Metals Prices This Week [View article]
    From last week's article (http://bit.ly/19gA4ks):

"Few are expecting a repeat of those late-summer events two years ago, but dickering in Washington could give precious metals a real boost that could change the outlook in a very positive way for technical traders."

Translation - it's possible that we'd get a big enough move up to change the technical picture sufficiently to spur a bigger move higher.
    Sep 29 11:39 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Budget Debate In Washington Matters For Gold [View article]
    Thanks!
    Sep 27 07:40 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why The Budget Debate In Washington Matters For Gold [View article]
    I only publish precious metals commentary at Seeking Alpha. Other topics are covered at my blog, for example, just today:

Disability Rolls Swell
    America Weighs in on the Debt Ceiling
    Is the Fed Now Dysfunctional Too?
    Sep 26 07:39 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And Silver Now Desperately In Need Of A New Catalyst [View article]
    I saw that, but, considering the source, decided to wait before commenting - it should be interesting to see how it unfolds.
    Sep 15 12:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • The Changing Relationship Between U.S. Stocks And Gold Is Good For Gold [View article]
    I try not to make predictions about the short-term.
    Sep 12 07:44 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Good question and the subject of an upcoming article.

As it turns out, the gold price peak in late-December 1974 coincided with year-over-year inflation peaking at about 12 percent. Inflation then fell (to about 5 percent) along with the gold price in 1975 and 1976. Both hit bottom in 1976 and rose sharply from there in the years that followed.
    Sep 12 12:51 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Gold And Silver ETF Inflows Are Starting To Get Interesting, In A Very Bullish Way [View article]
    I'll see if I can remember to go back further next time.
    Aug 16 08:47 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Futures Traders Could Soon Be Gold's Best Friend Again [View article]
    All good points - the next few days will tell if this is anything more than short covering - so far, so good.
    Jul 23 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Next After Another Gold And Silver Sell-Off? [View article]
    More than a year.
    Jun 10 11:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • What Next After Another Gold And Silver Sell-Off? [View article]
    I bought nearly all of my precious metals about a decade ago and, aside from some silver in 2011, I've sold very little. I have no idea about the short-term, but I remain bullish over the long-term.
    Jun 9 03:30 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment