Exploring Investment Grade Baby Bonds
- $25 Baby Bonds Come in Many Varieties.
- Like All Bonds, Baby Bonds Come with Many Different Maturity Dates.
- Longer Dated Bonds Carry Substantial Interest Rate Risk.
Term Preferred Stocks Provide A Conservative Income Stream
- Term preferred stocks provide solid income streams to conservative income investors.
- Mandatory redemption feature lowers volatility.
- Most issues are covered by leverage rules dictated by the Investment Company Act of 1940.
Reduce Portfolio Volatility With Baby Bonds
- Shorter duration baby bonds fluctuate less than perpetual preferred stocks.
- Baby bonds are very similar to preferred stocks in many regards.
- Baby bonds are available at all quality levels.
BDC Harvest Capital Credit Corporation Serves Up A Tasty $25 Baby Bond
- BDC Harvest Capital Credit Corporation has sold a 7% Baby Bond.
- Being debt of a BDC brings an added level of safety.
- With a medium duration of 5 years to maturity income investors should have an interest in this issue.
Is Water Utility Artesian Resources A Buy?
- Water shortages in North America are becoming more acute.
- Infrastructure costs are becoming increasing large for municipal governments.
- Artesian Resources is positioned to garner increasing revenues from local governments.
- Revisiting Profitable Glacier Water Services Trust Preferred Stock
- Our Favorite Conservative Preferred Stock - Tortoise Energy Infrastructure
- General American Investors Keeps Preferred Buyback In Place
- 3 High Yielding Healthcare REITs We Like Now
- FITB Case Study: Caution Now Required With Banking Trust Preferred Stocks
- A Case for Liquidation of REIT SuperTel Hospitality
- Kite Realty Group, Cedar Shopping Centers: 2 REITs We Would Avoid
- Preferred Shares of These 4 CEFs for a Conservative Outlook
- Glacier Water Services: Little Known Stock, Tasty 9% Yield
Watch Out for 'Call-Eligible' Preferreds
Apr. 25, 2011 • 8 Comments
- Unknown Whitestone REIT: Unique Opportunity in the REIT Space
- Is Now a Good Time to Buy Kimco Common Stock?
- Why We Love Public Storage Preferred Shares
- Electric Utilities: Thus Far a Relative Safe Haven
- Provident Energy Trust: Income for Today and Tomorrow
- Lincoln National: An Issue for a High Yielding Quality Portfolio