Tim Plaehn

View Tim Plaehn's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Alon Partners, Cyclic Stocks Pay Huge Returns [View article]
    You wrote: "The crack spread is another factor for profitability, but I will leave that out of this discussion for now."

That is the main factor that drives quarterly distributions and share price changes. If you are not watching a crack spread, you are just guessing what will happen with the company's profits.
    Jul 25, 2015. 10:14 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Summit Hotel Properties - Looking For A 40% Dividend Increase [View article]
    Papaone, I pretty much agree with all of your issues. However, the probability is still high for a large dividend increase, which should boost the share price. I see INN as an intermediate term hold, shooting for a mid-teens return.
    Jul 23, 2015. 05:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Summit Hotel Properties - Looking For A 40% Dividend Increase [View article]
    Glad to be of assistance.
    Jul 23, 2015. 01:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Despite A Bad Week, The U.S. Oil Glut Is Still Dying [View article]
    Thanks for some real numbers data on the current crude over supply. The number of drill rigs operating down by half and the steep decline rates on shale play wells, the situation could turn around quickly.
    Jul 22, 2015. 04:29 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Legacy Reserves Announces 'Game-Changing Transactions' [View article]
    My thoughts are not to avoiding BK, but rather taking advantage to buy assets that will pay off big time when energy prices come back up. LGCY did that in 2009 and I think the pattern will repeat for 2015 and the following years.

Also, upstream MLPs never, never pay off debt. They just continue to add wells either by drilling or acquisition to generate higher cash flows. Anyone who expounds that an MLP should reduce debt doesn't understand the business structure.
    Jul 21, 2015. 05:26 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Durability Test: STAG Industrial [View article]
    Brad, I checked in on STAG's first ever investors day and was impressed with the very rigorous decision process to the company goes through to acquire assets. Management makes purchase decisions based on statistically vetted 20-year cash flow predictions. The market worries about today's share price. The company is also generating a tremendous ROE return on new equity used to fund acquisitions. Mid-teens if I remember correctly.
    Jul 20, 2015. 11:29 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    Gene, I did go through your comments. About 1,000 on Linn and 50 on those other stocks.
    Your rants are repetitive and I am sure they are the same on other sites. I only contribute to SA and do not read other investment websites. I never said that this is the only place you post. My comments concerned your "contributions" on SA.
    Another question. LINE is down a pile so far this year. I assume you have made a pile on your short positions. Why continue with the diatribe?
    Jul 15, 2015. 01:17 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    Gene, I have no problem with your comments. The more the better.
    I don't read your comments any more, since you have nothing new to add.
    I am pretty sure other investors can make their own decisions on what to buy or sell.
    I appreciate that you admit you are short the units.
    Jul 15, 2015. 01:07 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    Gene, I have a question. What is your dog in the hunt concerning Linn?
    You have made over 1,000 comments on SA since December, and all concern Linn Energy. Are you short, hate the company or just like to stir things up?

I am just curious why this company sets you off so much and you seem to have no interest in any other stock/company?
    Jul 15, 2015. 12:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    Thanks for the complement.
    Jul 13, 2015. 07:55 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    Let's see what this does for WTI and the upstream MLPs tomorrow:

Jul 13, 2015. 06:59 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    In 3 years of writing here, I have managed to create a panic once, way back in 2012. As I stated to start the article, Linn is on the outs with the market. I laid out my reasoning why I think the sell off is unfounded. There are a lot of Linn haters out there and a lot of frustrated unit owners.
    Jul 13, 2015. 06:56 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    Who says I've lost money on LNCO. I have been in and out several times this year, buying below $10 and selling at a profit. I plan to do the same this time.
    Jul 13, 2015. 06:42 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    With my recent history of articles on Seeking Alpha, that accurately reflects the results I am getting. In general, for my articles covering the stocks I cover, the number of readers to may articles has fallen by about half since early in the year. I did the title for this article to see what would happen, and on a number of readers basis, the results have much exceeded my expectations. I will probably end up with 3 or 4 times the traffic compared to what I think I would have gotten with a more informative, less shock value title.
    Jul 13, 2015. 04:17 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Linn Energy Death Watch Count Down [View article]
    I used to get more readers to articles with less inflammatory headlines. It sucks to write an informative article and then no one takes time to go read it. The number of readers on this article is well over double compared to the last time I wrote about Linn. Wish I didn't need to use titles like this, but the results speak for themselves.
    Jul 13, 2015. 03:26 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment