Tim Plaehn

View Tim Plaehn's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Potential Dividend Reduction For Buckeye Partners [View article]
    I haven't taken an in depth look at the company since 2012. Different world then. Distributions are growing at 4-5% per year, with 1.0 times coverage.
    Aug 28, 2015. 05:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Growth REITs To Consider In The Current Market Dip [View article]
    Charlie, thanks for the comment.
    I do cash flow analysis on individual stocks, but that more in depth analysis goes to my newsletter subscribers. This was more of a here are some growth ideas article.

From my in depth analysis, CONE, SWAY and EXR have business growth models that will generate significant (15% to 20%) free cash flow growth for at least the next several years.
    Aug 28, 2015. 05:21 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Summit Hotel Properties - Looking For A 40% Dividend Increase [View article]
    I know. I am pretty disappointed in management so far. INN is a recommended position in one of my newsletters, and I am giving them one more quarter.
    Aug 28, 2015. 01:17 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Growth REITs To Consider In The Current Market Dip [View article]
    Nicely put.
    Aug 28, 2015. 10:49 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Growth REITs To Consider In The Current Market Dip [View article]
    I think the hotel REITs are very good values. CONE looks good compared to a couple of weeks ago.
    Aug 28, 2015. 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • High Growth REITs To Consider In The Current Market Dip [View article]
    I understand your strategy. But consider a 4% yield with dividends growing at 20%. Your yield on cost is at 6% in about 2 years and continues to increase from there. Something to consider with a few positions.
    Aug 27, 2015. 05:38 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should All Upstream MLPs Suspend Distribution Payments? [View article]
    Let's hope the new CFO brings in some fresh thinking, and gives me a call for my opinion.
    Aug 27, 2015. 12:02 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Should All Upstream MLPs Suspend Distribution Payments? [View article]
    The China rate of growth may be slowing, but there still is growth, and the China economy still consumes 1/10th the crude per capita of the U.S. I think crude consumption there will continue to accelerate.

Iran is still a question. How much excess can the country really produce, especially at $45 per barrel. One might assume that their infrastructure may not be up to the task and require a lot of capital investment to get to their production potential.
    Aug 27, 2015. 11:10 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should All Upstream MLPs Suspend Distribution Payments? [View article]
    The CFO had been hit by several controversies concerning his personal financial situation. Margin calls and such. I think the board probably lost faith in him and gave a nudge out the door.
    Aug 25, 2015. 04:37 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividends & Income Digest: MLPs Still Offer Appealing Opportunities, But They're Not For The Faint-Hearted [View article]
    Possibly because of the moderate amount of leverage. Also as a new fund, AMZA did not have a bunch of tax credits that would hold up the NAV. With its big yield and 1% quarterly dividend growth I am using AMZA as a ride out the bear/correction type of place to accumulate shares.
    Aug 24, 2015. 01:14 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I wrote this article a while back that outlines the ETF's active management strategies.
    Currently they are also buying puts on the crude oil ETFs to pick up cash flow as crude drops.
    Aug 23, 2015. 09:43 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I have spent a lot of time talking to the management team of AMZA and I believe their active management strategies will add real value for investors compared to a vanilla AMZI tracking ETF.
    Aug 23, 2015. 09:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Nope. As far as I know, UBTI is only reported on partnership units held in a "tax advantaged" account. If you own BX in a taxable account and have reported UTTI on those units, I stand corrected.
    Aug 23, 2015. 09:31 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Should All Upstream MLPs Suspend Distribution Payments? [View article]
    That number was probably meant as 6 million barrels per day. The world consumes a bit more than 90 million per day, and according to Deutsche Bank, the natural decline rate is 5% to 8% annually.
    Aug 23, 2015. 04:19 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Also, as far as I know it is impossible to predict the amount of UBTI before they are owned in the IRA.
    Aug 23, 2015. 03:28 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment