TMT Analyst

View TMT Analyst's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Is Sirius XM Too Expensive? [View article]
    odd that any article that does not praise the space the Sirius satellites orbit, so to speak, is lambasted by seeking alpha readers
    Mar 16, 2011. 10:09 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Sirius XM Too Expensive? [View article]
    just an fyi, I had a different title for this article
    Mar 16, 2011. 10:07 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Is Sirius XM Too Expensive? [View article]
    bro, the 13 million is self pay OEM subscribers, the ones most likely to receive price hikes. Add in the 4m retail self-pay gets you to the 17m you quoted.
    Mar 16, 2011. 10:06 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Priceline 4Q10 Preview: Expecting Inline Results [View article]
    It did not fail this time. Popped again.
    Feb 25, 2011. 12:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Think Sirius XM Is Overvalued? Take a Closer Look [View article]
    markets do not make mistakes? so you believe markets are efficient. If so, then put your money in an index fund rather than in SIRI

one could apply your valuation logic to any equity that is
    increasing EBITDA and paying down debt to argue that the shares are not overvalued even when trading at atrocious multiples. Herein lies the flaw in your logic.

So when is SIRI going to buy back its stock and how much will it spend on those share repurchases or better yet how far can it shrink its equity. Will it do a special one time dividend and when? Those are the questions worth asking. I would argue they won't be able to do so for several years.

what is the discounted value the free cash flows that SIRI will generate over the next 10 years on a per share basis. Is it significantly above the current share price

you may be beyond your league if it is a discussion on capital theory that you want to have
    Feb 8, 2011. 10:47 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Four Reasons Why We Believe ValueVision Media Is a Take-Out Candidate [View article]
    I look at traditional retail rather than amzn and the traditional retail guys that are close comps are showing strong same store sales growth
    Feb 8, 2011. 08:00 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Great Company, Overvalued [View article]
    fair point
    Feb 8, 2011. 12:12 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Great Company, Overvalued [View article]
    And by the way, Great Company. Love the service as I am a subscriber and so is another one of my colleagues. We just think it is a bit expensive based on the trading multiple and cannot see how the shares grow into their valuation.
    Feb 8, 2011. 12:11 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Great Company, Overvalued [View article]
    I must say that I am extremely surprised by the lack of intellectual discourse in the above responses. These were nothing like in our previous article where the comments were constructive. Most CEOs and CFOs are always concerned with who owns their shares, for several reasons. Judging by these responses, Mel should be concerned and revisit reverse splitting the shares to get them into the hands of institutions.
    Feb 7, 2011. 11:47 PM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Great Company, Overvalued [View article]
    Homer never thought you would be the one that needs to be corrected for not reading correctly. First, I said thru the sat replacement cycle this year, meaning after they launch the sat this year in 4Q, they would be done with sat launches. Second, if a sat goes done, they will turn to the spare, which is already up there, so they do not interrupt service. However, they will then need to launch another spare satellite. Get it
    Feb 7, 2011. 03:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Great Company, Overvalued [View article]
    I did factor in all the share classes and adjusted the EV for investments and minority interest. I have been in this business for close to 2 decades so I've got you covered. Remember valuation concerns is the only point. Fundamentally this business is solid I believe.
    Feb 7, 2011. 03:34 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sirius XM: Great Company, Overvalued [View article]
    This is a VALUATION call! In all your hate, anger, and insults, you have missed that point. SIRI is a great company but like I said valuations do matter. Someone says SIRI goes to $4. At that price the market cap is $30 billion. Do you think SIRI is a $30 billion company?
    Feb 7, 2011. 03:30 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • March 7 Looms Large for Sirius XM and Liberty Media [View article]
    Homer I get the feeling that you work at Sirius :-). My information was blessed by investor relations at Sirius XM so you may want to check with them on the clarification points that you so defiantly raised. I agree with the points on access to the $8B in NOLs.
    Jan 29, 2011. 08:05 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    just some profit taking I think given the massive move up but I would be buying here. Fundamentally, the business has found its stride and I believe it is all upside from here.
    Jan 21, 2011. 08:29 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Google Will Always Be About Search Innovation [View article]
    I run my own model on Google and my detail analysis on what they can do, per their key drivers, i.e., clicks, CPCs, coverage, and growth at YouTube and DoubleClick show that current street estimates are likely conservative. That's provided that we do not head into a double-dip recession, which I think is a real possibility.
    May 11, 2010. 07:46 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment