Todd Campbell

View Todd Campbell's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Qualcomm's Bet On 28 Pays Off [View article]
    That is very interesting on royalty payments! Thanks for posting. I do wonder, even if content is limited to basebands/power amps, if Apple's impact may be a bit higher simply because of share/unit volume driven chip demand. From a chip perspective, its great to see so many of the top selling devices rely on snapdragon and gobi chips.
    Feb 6 08:43 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Qualcomm's Bet On 28 Pays Off [View article]
    Alpine, Thanks for reading. I do believe we are entering a period where pricing power is shifting from the OEM's to the semi makers. If I'm correct, this trend would also benefit BRCM.
    -Todd
    Feb 5 02:29 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Homebuilders: An Opportunity To Buy May Come In February [View article]
    I'm a big fan of TOL. In fact, I'm a big fan of the entire industry. :-)
    Feb 1 09:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Upgrades Semi Equipment Stocks [View article]
    @ephud thanks for replying and for your comments. Do you have any feel for where fab-less chip makers are currently focusing design attention?
    Jan 25 08:37 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Intel Upgrades Semi Equipment Stocks [View article]
    Great comments with value add. Thanks for reading.
    Jan 21 12:28 PM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Searches For Profits [View article]
    There is a fair amount of "art" in valuing growth companies. And, stocks such as Facebook, CRM and others often trade at multiples which would make a value investor shudder. In my opinion, I would not be shocked to see shares in the mid 30's at some point this year and mid $40's next year. Currently, FB is trading roughly at par with LNKD on market cap/annualized Q3 sales. I think trading FB on technicals will be more profit friendly than using valuation models. The key will be if FB can get back to 40%-50% revenue growth. We'll know more soon!
    Jan 19 12:02 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Facebook Searches For Profits [View article]
    I think the upcoming EPS report will show 1. more mobile engagement 2. more ads placed and 3. more ad revenue. While this stock may prove a fad, or a long term hold, is unknown. But, for now it seems to be suggesting tailwinds rather than headwinds.
    Jan 17 12:03 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Order Cuts Don't Tell The Whole Story [View article]
    Very good point sonicted
    Jan 16 11:45 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Order Cuts Don't Tell The Whole Story [View article]
    Barn AI, that's very intriguing. I love new insights and hadn't seen this previously. Do you have a source link to share?
    Jan 16 08:07 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Believe Housing Is For Real, This 6% Yield Play May Make Sense [View article]
    I understand your sentiment @kata. However, you might find it helpful to review the sales data, available here: http://1.usa.gov/OHU8I6 It's updated monthly. Skilled workers have a much lower unemployment rate and those having started families since 2007 are finding it increasingly attractive to buy homes rather than rent.
    Jan 15 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Jan 15 08:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Order Cuts Don't Tell The Whole Story [View article]
    this is a good take on the MFLX issue: http://onforb.es/W4yLkm
    86% of its revenue from AAPL with idled labor into qtr end. BUT - higher than consensus revenue for the quarter. Suggests to me they were going gangbusters early in the qtr to make sure shelves were packed with iPhones and then reigned it in when they hit the number they wanted.
    Jan 15 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Order Cuts Don't Tell The Whole Story [View article]
    this is a good take on the MFLX issue: http://onforb.es/W4yLkm
    Jan 15 04:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Order Cuts Don't Tell The Whole Story [View article]
    Remember all those great colors on the iMacs?
    Jan 15 02:56 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple Order Cuts Don't Tell The Whole Story [View article]
    Thanks for reading. You may also find my article "The 5 Most Worrisome Trends At Apple" intriguing. http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jan 15 02:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment