Todd Johnson

View Todd Johnson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    August 2nd is the deadline. I could say "sell if you have time this week". I'm only trying to convey my opinion based upon the facts as I see them. Best, Todd
    Jul 25 07:41 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Mike Maher, puts will work perfect too. Thanks, Todd
    Jul 25 07:41 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Mock38, the U.S. Dept of Treasury, on their website, have stated what will happen if a deal is not done. SP and Moodys have stated US Debt downgrades.

Warren Buffett advised Congress to act with maturity 1-month ago.

So for investors to be serious about this....all I see is bickering, hate between the two parties. Placing $ on the two parties to get a deal done?

Best, Todd
    Jul 25 07:38 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi 509088 - I wouldn't do it any other way. Thanks for the kind words. Best, Todd
    Jul 25 07:35 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Freya, thanks for the feedback. Yes, that would work perfect too. Best, Todd
    Jul 25 07:34 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Lightway, so far there hasn't been any panic. I don't have faith in a deal completion. Hopefully everything goes smooth and is signed today. On the other hand....
    Jul 25 07:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi Investor RBL - sincerely - thanks for your thoughts.

Regarding the "...one aspect of you sell philosophy which I do not always agree with...", I respect your views. I am writing to make you/I (ie us) money. I am not always right. I am often wrong. I admit so. Bill Gross? Forgetabout it. The guy is as sharp as the day is long. PIMCO simply does not hire fools. :)

I am only speaking on what I would do. If I can come out of this "game" (ie stock market) with a few more quid than I entered with, then I am good. :) I am only voicing my views on what to do.

Every "view" of mine can not be applied universally. I can only speak as a 45-year old USA investor deciding how to allocate my capital.

I respect your opinions 100%. Words are words. Please don't think for a minute that I am saying the "strategies" apply to everyone.

I will always be the first to admit when I am wrong. That's why I searched the Level 1, Level 2, Level 3 assets per CEF. The Level 2 and Level 3 can often times be misquotes in true 'valuation'. A Level 1 valuation is KO selling for $69.73.

My only goal is to make us money with risk/return in balance. I'm not the smartest person in the room. :) Thanks for your feedback and critique. I hope you recognize I take it in appreciation.

Best, Todd
    Jul 24 09:19 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Chesapeake Energy Midstream Partners: Increasing Dividend Growth for Years to Come [View article]
    Hi user28634, I respect your opinions. That's what makes a market. :)

I trust McClendon and do have my own CHK concerns on option and loan issues in the past. I don't discount your concerns - which may or may not be identical to mine. I do, however, trust McClendon to make me money in the natural gas space.

Just my two cents. Good to hear from you. Best, Todd
    Jul 24 07:15 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Bondo, if you listen to FinancialSense.com, or visit the gold bugs (complement, not a derogatory term) websites. There are plenty of options. I don't recommend SLV or GLD for metal exposure. I advise saving yourself some money when the PSLV secondary is announced.

Just my two cents.

Todd
    Jul 24 07:13 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi Bondo. I believe it is non-sense to hold a commercial metal trading at a 22% premium. I did not recommend buying SLV. There are a number of options to take ownership in bullion silver with a reasonable mark up.

Now we may differ on our views, but I have witnessed countless secondaries on these type of securities. Short sellers sell PSLV and cover with the secondary offering.

If you believe it is "nonsense", can you advise me at what percent the PSLV premium is excessive? I would like to learn from your experience.

Good to hear from you. Thanks. Todd
    Jul 24 07:11 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy ECA Marcellus Trust for 19 Years of Oil Dividends [View article]
    Hi George, great questions.

50% of natural gas is hedged thru 03.14.2014. If spot prices go up post 2014, then this will drop down to the distribution. Obvious potential causes for nat gas mmbtu spot rise: 1) increase in demand, 2) inflation. Of course the downside would be decrease in demand and deflation.

Beyond 2014, I do not place a great deal of confidence in "accuracy" projections.

What is not said in the S1, for legal reasons, and what one may or may not believe could occur: ECA drills additional adjacent horizontal wells next to current wells. ECA has a vested interest in the proceeds. These trusts can do more than they "promised" in the S1 - and often do.

To answer your specific question: I believe we can rely upon the up-to 03.31.2014 distribution data. We have some room for upside with 50% being hedged thru 2014. Beyond that we need confidence in 1) the operator, ECA; 2) a demand for the commodity.

It's not that I don't have trust in the 19-year distribution projections, but looking through my eyes - who can reasonably project what natural gas mmbtu will be in 2017? Long-term projections are of limited value.

Just my honest opinions, and I want to express my "uneasiness" in discussing spot nat gas looking out beyond 2014.

I'll address DMLP in a bit. Since they are a General Partner, it's not a fair contrast to ECA. I like a lot of names like DMLP.....so your point is well grounded in its ownership. ;)

Great to hear from you. This will be an ongoing dialogue. Best, Todd
    Jul 24 11:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy ECA Marcellus Trust for 19 Years of Oil Dividends [View article]
    Hi Stocknerd, $1 is good, but it was built into the stock price. $1.042 was forecast. Best, Todd
    Jul 23 10:55 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Time to Buy ECA Marcellus Trust for 19 Years of Oil Dividends [View article]
    Hi Blue Horse Shoe, thanks for the kind feedback. Great to hear from you.

SDT is a oil/natural gas trust. ECA is a natural gas trust. I like both the same, albeit ECA has been trading for a longer duration.

Both are "receive our return OF capital" quick and then everything will be "gravy" afterwards. I'm all about capital preservation with the potential for upside.

Having said the above, I would buy both ECA & SDT. ;) And I do own both. ;)

Best, Todd
    Jul 23 09:52 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hi Mr. Highlands, I can't answer that question. :)

I can say it appears Energy Transfer Partners L.P. (ETP) has paid a.894-cent Dividend from August 2008 to May 2011. This assumes finance.yahoo is accurate: finance.yahoo.com/q/hp...

EPD finance.yahoo.com/q/hp... appears to have an approximate 19% growth rate during a similar period.

My order of preference is my "lean" of what I would do. ;)
    Jul 23 07:22 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • High Yield Focus With SandRidge Mississippian Trust [View article]
    Ben, cool. Trust me: if I think it is time to "sell" for some reason, I won't hesitate to mention that fact too. ;)

Sincerely - I appreciate the feedback.
    Jul 23 07:00 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment