Todd Johnson

View Todd Johnson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi toshiro_x -

I hope your agnc/two calls, nly common, and all your stocks make you a lot of money. This isn't a personal issue. It's a stock market. Some winners, some losers. I hope you are a winner.

I have nothing to gain if you lose or win with your portfolio. I write to share my views. Nothing more. Best, Todd
    Jul 25 05:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi PapaAlan -

Thanks for the kind words.

I have to preserve my capital to pay bills, live, etc. So this has hopefully made it clear how I am handling the market.

Best, Todd
    Jul 25 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Toshiro-x, thanks for the feedback. Todd
    Jul 25 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Johnnyprig,

I honestly don't know what is priced into the market.

Our country has $xx trillion in debt; ongoing deficit; we are in 5-countries fighting a war; real unemployment is sky high; Fed taxes are < revenues; housing prices continue to decline. The deficit is going nowhere positive, anytime soon. The Dems/Repubs fight, bicker every year - nonstop, nothing gets accomplished.

I am not saying we are going to default. If Greece hasn't defaulted, then how can we? I don't know. We are playing in unchartered water. :)

If I can reduce my mreit exposure - via puts or selling shares - I just get it done. They can bring on every Harvard MBA for a CNBC interview - I doubt they have any idea of what's going to happen.

MREITs - for me - were an asset class with low risk. Toss in a debt-ceiling "crisis", and the "low risk" or perception of "low risk" trade is gone.

There are more profitable trades to make in between now the debt-ceiling resolution. I have to have money to pay my bills. Brass tacks. I wish I could answer your question - but I really don't know. :) Many possible outcomes: some good, some bad.

Best, Todd
    Jul 25 05:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Taymere, thanks for the comments.

It takes two to make a market. You have a plan and strategy. Thanks for sharing. I respect your opinion and views. Best, Todd
    Jul 25 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Robbyboy - great terms! You will have that paid off in no time. Amazing rates. Congrats. Todd
    Jul 25 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi Kaimukiguy, pm sent. Todd
    Jul 25 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    pm sent.
    Jul 25 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi Pitbull Trading,

I like the concept of doing what you propose. It makes sense, is a hedge, and the odds are in your favor. :)

Good thoughts. Thanks.

Todd
    Jul 25 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    La Marque, I like that style: buy at a discount & sell at a premium. That's simple and to the point. Thanks. Todd
    Jul 25 05:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi klbjcb - thanks for the feedback.

To me, it comes down the whole Ben Graham/Buffett principle: margin of safety. But at a discount or when the price is low.

I hope we don't have a '29 in our near-term future. ;)

Todd
    Jul 25 05:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi hs2501,

Yes, we can get back in. Thanks for the level-headed thoughts.

Todd
    Jul 25 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Fabien, I respect your view to hold onto AGNC. Todd
    Jul 25 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Oleg, if I am going to start doing spreads on MREITs, I am doing my regular option trading: seekingalpha.com/artic...

Let's make money! Whatever it takes. Best, Todd
    Jul 25 03:16 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Robin,

Thanks for the Citi info.

Many people want to read only positive news. I'm not sure why. An intelligent dialogue is positive.

Thanks again for the feedback and comments. Todd
    Jul 25 03:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment