Todd Johnson

View Todd Johnson's Comments BY TICKER:
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Harry, thanks for the feedback.

Your proposal is a reasonable solution. Buy some puts and you are covered. I like that. Common sense, practical, and your plan on holding is well thought out. I sincerely appreciate you sharing.

Best, Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:36 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi toshiro_x -

I hope your agnc/two calls, nly common, and all your stocks make you a lot of money. This isn't a personal issue. It's a stock market. Some winners, some losers. I hope you are a winner.

I have nothing to gain if you lose or win with your portfolio. I write to share my views. Nothing more. Best, Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:34 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi PapaAlan -

Thanks for the kind words.

I have to preserve my capital to pay bills, live, etc. So this has hopefully made it clear how I am handling the market.

Best, Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:32 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Toshiro-x, thanks for the feedback. Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:30 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Johnnyprig,

I honestly don't know what is priced into the market.

Our country has $xx trillion in debt; ongoing deficit; we are in 5-countries fighting a war; real unemployment is sky high; Fed taxes are < revenues; housing prices continue to decline. The deficit is going nowhere positive, anytime soon. The Dems/Repubs fight, bicker every year - nonstop, nothing gets accomplished.

I am not saying we are going to default. If Greece hasn't defaulted, then how can we? I don't know. We are playing in unchartered water. :)

If I can reduce my mreit exposure - via puts or selling shares - I just get it done. They can bring on every Harvard MBA for a CNBC interview - I doubt they have any idea of what's going to happen.

MREITs - for me - were an asset class with low risk. Toss in a debt-ceiling "crisis", and the "low risk" or perception of "low risk" trade is gone.

There are more profitable trades to make in between now the debt-ceiling resolution. I have to have money to pay my bills. Brass tacks. I wish I could answer your question - but I really don't know. :) Many possible outcomes: some good, some bad.

Best, Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:27 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Taymere, thanks for the comments.

It takes two to make a market. You have a plan and strategy. Thanks for sharing. I respect your opinion and views. Best, Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:20 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Robbyboy - great terms! You will have that paid off in no time. Amazing rates. Congrats. Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi Kaimukiguy, pm sent. Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    pm sent.
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:13 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi Pitbull Trading,

I like the concept of doing what you propose. It makes sense, is a hedge, and the odds are in your favor. :)

Good thoughts. Thanks.

Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:11 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    La Marque, I like that style: buy at a discount & sell at a premium. That's simple and to the point. Thanks. Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:10 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • If You Own Them, Sell These 5 CEFs As Soon As Possible [View article]
    Hi klbjcb - thanks for the feedback.

To me, it comes down the whole Ben Graham/Buffett principle: margin of safety. But at a discount or when the price is low.

I hope we don't have a '29 in our near-term future. ;)

Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 05:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi hs2501,

Yes, we can get back in. Thanks for the level-headed thoughts.

Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 03:26 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Fabien, I respect your view to hold onto AGNC. Todd
    Jul 25, 2011. 03:24 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Your mREITs Immediately [View article]
    Hi Oleg, if I am going to start doing spreads on MREITs, I am doing my regular option trading: seekingalpha.com/artic...

Let's make money! Whatever it takes. Best, Todd