Todd Johnson

Latest comments  |  Highest rated
  • 3 Retiree Dividend Stocks, 3 Others To Avoid [View article]
    Hi Mike,

I don't plug stocks. I make money. TJ
    Mar 17 11:29 AM | 12 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • A Tale Of 2 Bank Stocks [View article]
    Hi RS, I'm tweeting this great article simply because you embrace the readership. You make investing fun, intellectual, common sense, intuitive. And you are right far more than you are wrong. Todd
    Apr 24 05:10 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Why I'm Not Selling In May And Going Away [View article]
    Hi Wes, yes. UTX is symbolic of a well run conglomerate. They are a blue chip name. TJ
    Apr 26 07:51 AM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Atlantic Power Corporation Offers A Secure, Monthly Dividend [View article]
    jdh44,

Because of their dual-listing, the 15% would likely hit you.

2010 Annual Report

The dividends were Income Parcitipating Securities ("IPS").
    Income Parcitipating Securities ("IPS")

15% withholding
    The Company's common share dividend is subject to a 15% withholding tax for U.S. holders. U.S. individuals holding shares in taxable accounts may be eligible to receive a credit on their U.S. income tax return for this withholding tax. U.S. individuals holding the Company's common shares in Individual Retirement Accounts ("IRAs") may be exempt from withholding tax pursuant to the Canada – U.S. Income Tax Convention.
    Sep 22 07:14 PM | 7 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Growth Stocks For Increasing Retirement Income [View article]
    Hi Zoral, I am not a trader. If Cisco is down 9% in after-hours, do I still like Cisco/Fire? Yes. Industry leader, great balance sheet, growing dividend, strong management, love the $FIRE purchase.

I have core stocks; sell out of cyclical stocks (mREITs, refineries; REITs); have 18-various portfolio components.

Quality never goes of style.

Todd
    PS: A person posting his/her first message with "nazi" in the name receives zero respect from me. Regardless of the Seinfeld issue - nazi is not a name I would use as a moniker.
    Aug 15 01:01 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 5 Dividend Growth Stocks For Increasing Retirement Income [View article]
    Hi gstanleyjr, thank you for your insights. todd
    Aug 14 10:27 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • My 4 Prong Dividend Investing Strategy For Retirees [View article]
    Good morning Joergens,

If you look at the table, the PM's tracking began as of 03.31.2008. This is a great benefit of FastGraphs. It identifies when the stock began trading and then starts at the end of that month.

You may not have read the full article, but here is what I said: "My favorite dividend growth stock is Philip Morris International, Inc. (PM)."

I hope you have a terrific Sunday.

Todd
    Apr 22 10:31 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 MLP Dividends To Buy, 3 To Avoid [View article]
    Hi Searcher,

Richard Kinder and Goldman Sachs could not have hired a better PR for the KMI Incentive Distribution Rights to remain intact! :)

Sent them a bill for your comment. ;)

Common Sense: why do IDR's exist? why have EPD/MWE removed theirs? why does KMP have one of the highest cost of capital in the industry - and they are one of the biggest/oldest? It's because Kinder/Goldman Sachs are skimming money off the top, legally, in ways that EPD/MWE refuse to allow.

These are not revelations that I discovered in a dream or at church. It's basic Skim 101 tactics. TJ
    Feb 26 12:39 PM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 MLP Dividends To Buy, 3 To Avoid [View article]
    nm - thanks. $GS, $BOA, $C, $GE are the friends of the little guy too. </wink> TJ
    Feb 26 09:53 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Understanding 15% mREIT Yields For Retail Investors [View article]
    Hi wobatus,

If 5, 10, 15, 20, 30 year go up -- fantastic. It widens the gross yield margin. That's what we want. TJ
    Feb 17 10:53 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Dividend Growth Vs. Fixed Income Challenge, Part 3: Inflation-Busting Dividend Growth Stocks [View article]
    5%, thank you for a great article looking at the best way to find income. Todd
    Jan 2 09:13 AM | 6 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 43.5% Upside In Prudential Financial Plus A 2.2% Yield [View article]
    Good morning Grox01,

You can find my LINE thoughts at http://bit.ly/12kmFVr This article is about $PRU
    Jul 7 10:56 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Phillips 66 Catalysts Include Dividend Growth And MLP Spin-Off [View article]
    Hi Scooter-Pop,

Why do you believe an acquisition is key? The company is printing cash faster then the Japanese are printing the Yen.

Todd
    Mar 10 11:40 AM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Wal-Mart Dividend Growth Stock Analysis [View article]
    Hi muoio,

You sound like a reasonable person. ;)

Todd
    Jan 23 12:48 PM | 5 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Avoid Verizon Due To Overvaluation [View article]
    Good morning DESK,

On Jan 19th, VZ closed at $39. The stock is up 14.4% and is over valued. Most assuredly, I will change my mind on a stock/sector - over night if the facts change. I presume every investor changes their views. I'm not buying horse buggy stocks; newspaper stocks.

mREITs, telecoms, utilities: all have been effected by Bernanke's decision to decrease interest rates. The impact has caused many stocks to rise beyond their value.

Todd