View as an RSS Feed
View Tom Dorsey's Articles BY TICKER:
Insiders Buying At Western Asset Mortgage Capital
- Insiders buying again, Spring of 2014 and Fall of 2013.
- Strong quarterly dividend expected for Q3 2014.
- Expect a bonus dividend for the catch up in Q4 2014.
Taking Goldman Sachs To The Bank
- Second Quarter’s financial report with net revenue beat expectations by 33%.
- Number of outstanding shares compared to other big 5 banks supports value of the stock price.
- Financials and liquidity strong for Basel III requirements.
- Goldman Sachs likely to take advantage of foreign investment opportunities.
Bank Of America Raises Its Value For Investors
- BAC dividend jumps from $0.01 to $0.05 for Q2 2014.
- One of the last major lawsuits to pay $16 billion.
- Book value up, stock trading at a discount of 72%.
- Anticipate the stock price to appreciate to near $17 per share by year-end.
Citigroup Moving Toward Strong Buy For Investors
- Citigroup settles RMBS during 2Q that shadows financial report.
- Strong Book Value and lagging stock price sets stage for opportunity in 2015.
- Citigroup has redeemed or retired $17.7 in debt securities.
- Citigroup used $1.1 Deferred Tax Assets.
Not A Fan Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac
- Lawsuits are progressing through the courts. Positive strides for the investors, but far from winning their freedom from the government.
- $5.4 billion in dividends from the Second Quarter, 2014 will be paid to the U.S. Treasury.
- Expect increased regulations on GSEs and all financial companies.
- Betting on Fannie and Freddie remain a high risk/high reward investment.
Disappointment, But Brighter Future For Alon USA Partners
- Disappointing sales and distribution of only $0.13 per unit (2.7% annualized yield).
- Company completed upgrades at Big Springs Refinery in 2Q, which will increase production in 3rd and 4th quarters.
- Crack spread for second quarter, 2014 was $16.42, down from $21.17 in second quarter, 2013.
- Recommend a hold this quarter, as income and the distribution should increase over the next two quarters.
Orchid Island Is A Monthly Dividend Payer Of 15%
- Orchid Island Capital pays dividend of $0.18 per month for a 15.7% yield.
- Second quarter earnings of $10.6 million, or $1.17 per share.
- Look for catch-up dividend in 4Q, 2014.
- Take the cash or reinvest the dividends.
American Capital Agency Corp. Grows Toward The Future
- AGNC paid $0.65 for the 5th quarter in a row for an 11.23% yield.
- Book Value rose $1.77 to $26.26 for a 9.9% increase for the quarter.
- Portfolio is $71.9 billion and well managed.
- AGNC is rated a buy and hold.
Double Digit Return In 30 Days With Western Asset Mortgage Capital
- Western Asset to release 2Q results and announce dividend on August 7.
- Analyst expect dividend to remain the same $0.67 this quarter.
- Buy the low now, and sell just prior to the ex-date for best return.
Here Is Why You Should Invest In Armour Residential REIT
- The quarter was profitable and provides more opportunities in the future.
- Book value increased from $4.67 to $4.90 this quarter.
- Over 14% yield to take the cash or reinvest the dividends monthly.
Double-Digit Return On CYS Investments Even Better
- CYS to pay dividend on July 16, 2014.
- Dividend return 14% and opportunity to receive better return.
- CYS stock price is down, and now is a great buy-in opportunity.
- Interest Rate Risk effects and profitability.
Investment In Armour Residential REIT Nets Profitable Double-Digit Gains
- ARR confirms $0.05 for third quarter dividends.
- Dividend over 14% and reinvesting dividends goes higher.
- Core Income was strong in first quarter and positive through second quarter.
- ARR expected to release second quarter financial report in August.
Atlas Resource Partners Going Ex-Dividend On July 2, 2014
- Distribution will be paid on July 15 of $0.1933 per unit, buy after July 3.
- 47 Mmboe deal previously announced is completed for long term production goal.
- ARP has an interest in over 12,000 producing wells.
- Oil Price increases are good for cash flow and bottom line distributions.
Price Entry Point For CVR Refining For Double-Digit Earnings
- CVRR’s unit price is the lowest of the quarter.
- CVRR will announce their next distribution in mid-August and we assess near $1 per unit.
- No effect on the distribution from the public sale of 6.5 million common units.
- Two investment methods that will earn you a double-digit return on your investment.
Interest Rate Increase Not Likely During 2014
- Federal Reserve to continue decreasing bond purchases.
- Federal Reserve’s primary position is to protect the economy.
- Interest rate will rise in the future, just to create new opportunities.
4th Strong Quarterly Dividend By American Capital Agency Corp.
- Dividend payout of $0.65 for the last 4 quarterly dividends – double digit return on investment.
- Investors have only 4 days to buy in if they want to receive the dividend this quarter.
- The stock is trading at a discount, with book value at $24.51 and the stock at $23.73.
- Recommend a buy and hold for this solid dividend producer.
Western Asset Pays Another 18% Dividend For Q2 2014
- Dividend of $0.67 with ex-dividend date of June 26, 2014.
- Earnings report due in August, first quarter beat estimates by $0.36.
- Company estimates Book Value at $15.44, up $1.25 from first quarter.
- 4 key leaders have purchased stock in June 2014.
Enduro Royalty Trust Should Be In Your Portfolio
- 25 additional wells coming on-line to increase revenue.
- Expected increase in distributions throughout summer months.
- Anticipate unit price to increase for the rest of 2014.
Dynex Capital Pays Strong Dividend, Offers Positive Outlook For Second Half Of 2014
- Second Quarter Dividend of $0.25 for an 11.7% yield.
- Dynex Capital is small REIT, but positioned to maintain double-digit return.
- Company offers DRIP with a 3% discount.
- Stock price appreciation expected in second half of 2014.
More Insider Trading Purchases By Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp.
- Investors get boost of confidence by CIO purchase.
- WMC participated in the KBW Mortgage Finance Conference on June 3.
- 2 methods of gaining an 18% return.
CYS Investments: Another REIT With Core Earnings Up And Increasing Book Price
- We anticipate strong dividend for the second quarter.
- We anticipate stock price will continue to appreciate through 2014.
- It has seen its book value increase, and is still at discount of .93.
Citigroup Is Getting Stronger Each Quarter, Expect Stock Appreciation In 2015
- Citigroup's strong first-quarterly report was stymied by Banamex.
- Citigroup completed repurchase of common stock for 2014, but expect more debt reduction with the excess cash.
- Citigroup to continue applying DTAs to enhance quarterly reports.
- Citigroup is a buy and hold recommendation for a two to five year gain.
Strength In ARMOUR Residential REIT's Portfolio - May 2014 SEC Filing
- ARMOUR holds over $16.7 billion in fixed rate securities and $192 million in ARM and hybrid securities.
- Leverage ratio has climbed to 8.2x to 1, as the company target is 8x to 9x to 1.
- ARR continues to repurchase common shares.
- Recommend ARR as a buy and hold long-term investment.
The Next Double-Digit Dividend REIT Is Orchid Island Capital Inc.
- Orchid pays $0.18 per month dividend for 16% return.
- Orchid book value dropped 1Q, 2014 $0.93 to $12.47.
- Hedging Investments pulled bottom line down.
- Recommend finding best price to buy in, then hold for long-term cash flow.
Alon USA Partners Returns To Double-Digit Distributions
- ALDW’s first quarter’s throughput at 105%.
- Transportation cost low for crude and final products.
- Big Springs Refinery capable of all crudes from West Texas area.
- Expect the company to continue double-digit returns.
Atlas Resource Partners Expands Operations
- ARP has purchased over $2 billion dollars' worth of oil and gas reserves since 2012.
- ARP sold $100 million in unsecured notes and $40 million in common units in May 2014.
- ARP has negative earnings per share.
- APR changed to a monthly distribution, and still pays over 10%.
CVR Refining Unit Price Is At Its Lowest This Quarter
- Best time to buy into a company is after the ex-dividend date when the unit price drops.
- CVRR production at both refineries is up, along with income and profits.
- CVRR has strong projections for 2014.
Buy And Hold New York Mortgage Trust With A Dividend Over 13%
- First quarter dividend was $0.27, anticipate an increase this year.
- First quarter financial report displays strong growth in interest income.
- Federal Reserve holding interest rates low stabilizes housing and mortgage markets.
Good Time To Buy And Hold ARMOUR Residential REIT
- Financial statement strong on earnings and dividend over 12%.
- Downside included reduction in book value and an increase in the leverage ratio.
- Bottom line puts cash in your pocket - buy and hold.
Western Asset Stock Price Is At The Buy Point For This Quarter
- WMC moved toward a hybrid REIT model that was less profitable, but much safer in the market place.
- Another $2.35 dividend is less likely, but continued dividends near .60-.70 is anticipated.
- Buy WMC now at the low point in the market.
- 2 Investing options to profit in WMC.
Now Is The Right Time To Consider Northern Tier Energy
- NTI’s business fundamentals are strong and productive.
- Income and profits provide cash to pay double-digit dividends.
- Best 2 methods to reap the benefits of dividend stocks.
Solutions For Fannie And Freddie's Future, But Profits Still Go To The Government
- No timeline for a resolution will continue to push all profits to federal government.
- Congress halts efforts on bills for mid-term elections.
- 20 lawsuits continue with no end in sight.
- Investor hopes spur the buying and selling.