View as an RSS Feed
View Tom Dorsey's Articles BY TICKER:
Breaking Down The Quarterly Report Of Armour Residential REIT
- Company's own large hedge fund to offset interest rate hike dragging profitability.
- Armour reported taxable income of $49 million, $0.13 per share, for the quarter.
- Company’s $15.5 billion investment portfolio with leverage ratio at 8.42 to 1.
Fed's Protective Posture Of U.S. Economy Is A Plus For REITs
Thu, Oct. 30 • 4 Comments
- Interest rates will go up in the future, but we do not see rates climbing anytime soon.
- European and Chinese economies slowing world growth.
- Earliest major rate increase is likely 2017.
American Capital Now A Cash Cow As A Monthly Dividend Payer
- Monthly dividends to begin October; pay in November.
- Other successful REITs paved way for double-digit monthly dividends.
- Stock price likely to appreciate over next 30 days due to the steady dividends.
- Don’t fret – several good quarterly REITs still available.
Fannie And Freddie: If It Smells Like A Tax
- Court ruling upholds FHFA’s authority from Congress.
- Quarterly dividends continue to pay to the U.S. Treasury.
- Future is long road with many legal battles before any outcome is known.
CVR Refining Stock Price Down With Opportunity For Appreciation, Growth And Distribution
- CVRR stock price expected to climb over 10% next quarter.
- Both refineries at full production, 4th quarter will be profitable.
- Various crudes available via Keystone and Spearhead pipelines.
- Anticipate the distribution to return near One Dollar in fourth quarter, 2014.
Yield Is Over 18%, Western Asset Mortgage Capital Increased The Dividend
- Third Quarter dividend increased from $0.67 to $0.70.
- 2nd Quarter’s financials state earnings of $1.00 per share, 3rd quarter to be release October/November. Opportunity for supplemental dividend payout.
- Take the dividend of 18% in cash, or reinvest the dividends.
- Investors have until October 1, 2014 to buy the stock prior to the ex-dividend date.
Five Oaks Investment Extends Monthly Dividend For 4th Quarter With Near 14% Yield
- Five Oaks to pay $0.125 dividend each month in fourth quarter.
- Earnings first two quarters higher than paid dividends.
- Look for catch-up dividend for year-end.
- Long-term potential is positive after interest rates increase.
Another Strong Dividend At 12% Yield
- American Capital Agency Corp announced $0.65 dividend, 12% yield.
- 4 dividends in a row of $0.65, with a catch-up dividend likely in the fourth quarter.
- Anticipate another strong quarterly report in October 2014.
- 2015 should see the interest rates rise, triggering a buy opportunity for investors as the stock price drops.
Dynex Capital Pays 12% Dividend Yield And Earns A Recommended Buy And Hold
- Dynex Capital announces $0.25 dividend, 12% yield.
- Insider selling over last 6 months mostly linked to key leaders taking some cash.
- Federal Reserve Board comment this week was to hold the interest rate near zero.
- Outlook for Dynex is to hold the stock and take the dividend each quarter.
Treasury Bond Bump Scares Market Into Sell-Off Of mREITs And Financial Stocks
- U.S. Treasury Bond yields increase, causing sell off of many REITs.
- Federal Reserve Statement on September 16 will indicate the Fed's direction for the next 6 months.
- Change in the interest rates are coming, adjustments will be made.
- mREITs will be stronger after the adjustments are steadied.
Insider Buying And Effect On Dividend Due At Western Asset Mortgage Capital Corp.
- Key leader buying more shares; second buy this quarter.
- Announcement and ex-dividend date expected within the week.
- Stock prices expected to climb between now and ex-dividend date.
Buy Orchid Island Capital For The 15% Yield Each Month And The Catch-Up Dividend Later This Year
- A monthly dividend of 15% yield is outstanding for investors.
- Orchid Island is falling short of its required payout of 90% earnings and will have to pay a catch-up dividend in 2014.
- We expect an increase in the dividend, likely to be announced in Q3 2014.
- Buy and hold this stock, take the cash monthly, or grow your portfolio by reinvesting the dividends.
Great Northern Iron Ore To Close April 2015
- Shares over priced to dividend and final payment.
- Production was down in 2013.
- Shares will have a value of zero on 16 April, 2015.
Move On CYS Investments' Quarterly Dividend, 13% Yield And Future Opportunity
- Dividend payout dropped from $0.32 to $0.30 for the quarter, but within the REIT requirement of 90%.
- The book price has steadily risen to $10.31, $0.63 over first quarter 2014.
- 2015 may be the year of interest rate increases, but the future will bring stock price appreciations and bigger dividends.
Time To Move Prior To Western Asset Mortgage Capital's Dividend Announcement
- Dividend Announcement will push stock price higher until ex-dividend date.
- Strong quarterly dividend expected again for Q3 2014 - $0.67.
- Expect a bonus dividend for the catch up in Q4 2014.
- Insider buying spurs speculation of more dividends to come.
CVR Refining Announced Coffeyville Refinery Back To Full Operations
- Coffeyville refinery lost 30 days production for 3rd quarter.
- Net sales will be down and net income will drop significantly.
- Cost of repairs to be announced in 3rd quarter financial report.
- The 4th quarter should be more profitable, dividend recovery in 2015.
Market View For 2014 And 2015, The Investor's View
- Indicators point to a solid economic growth.
- Dow Jones has climbed from 6500 in March, 2008 to over 17,000 in August, 2014.
- Total return goal is 10% per year – Dividend plus Stock Price Appreciation.
The Right Time To Buy Orchid Island Capital
- Buy the stock within days after the ex-dividend date.
- Orchid Island has a dip after every ex-dividend date, but there's a very small window.
- Buy this stock and hold to take the dividend.
- Take the cash for a nice income stock, or reinvest your dividends for growth.
Analysis For Investment Return On The Big 6 Banks
- 2 banks should be able to return 10% to investors over the next year.
- Wells Fargo trading at 1.65 premium compared to book value, while Citigroup and Bank of America trading at a discount at 0.76. All should move closer to book value.
- 5 of 6 banks have billions of shares outstanding which creates difficulty in increasing the return to investors to near 10% - (stock price appreciation and dividend).
Insiders Buying At Western Asset Mortgage Capital
- Insiders buying again, Spring of 2014 and Fall of 2013.
- Strong quarterly dividend expected for Q3 2014.
- Expect a bonus dividend for the catch up in Q4 2014.
Taking Goldman Sachs To The Bank
- Second Quarter’s financial report with net revenue beat expectations by 33%.
- Number of outstanding shares compared to other big 5 banks supports value of the stock price.
- Financials and liquidity strong for Basel III requirements.
- Goldman Sachs likely to take advantage of foreign investment opportunities.
Bank Of America Raises Its Value For Investors
- BAC dividend jumps from $0.01 to $0.05 for Q2 2014.
- One of the last major lawsuits to pay $16 billion.
- Book value up, stock trading at a discount of 72%.
- Anticipate the stock price to appreciate to near $17 per share by year-end.
Citigroup Moving Toward Strong Buy For Investors
- Citigroup settles RMBS during 2Q that shadows financial report.
- Strong Book Value and lagging stock price sets stage for opportunity in 2015.
- Citigroup has redeemed or retired $17.7 in debt securities.
- Citigroup used $1.1 Deferred Tax Assets.
Not A Fan Of Fannie Mae And Freddie Mac
- Lawsuits are progressing through the courts. Positive strides for the investors, but far from winning their freedom from the government.
- $5.4 billion in dividends from the Second Quarter, 2014 will be paid to the U.S. Treasury.
- Expect increased regulations on GSEs and all financial companies.
- Betting on Fannie and Freddie remain a high risk/high reward investment.
Disappointment, But Brighter Future For Alon USA Partners
- Disappointing sales and distribution of only $0.13 per unit (2.7% annualized yield).
- Company completed upgrades at Big Springs Refinery in 2Q, which will increase production in 3rd and 4th quarters.
- Crack spread for second quarter, 2014 was $16.42, down from $21.17 in second quarter, 2013.
- Recommend a hold this quarter, as income and the distribution should increase over the next two quarters.
Orchid Island Is A Monthly Dividend Payer Of 15%
- Orchid Island Capital pays dividend of $0.18 per month for a 15.7% yield.
- Second quarter earnings of $10.6 million, or $1.17 per share.
- Look for catch-up dividend in 4Q, 2014.
- Take the cash or reinvest the dividends.
American Capital Agency Corp. Grows Toward The Future
- AGNC paid $0.65 for the 5th quarter in a row for an 11.23% yield.
- Book Value rose $1.77 to $26.26 for a 9.9% increase for the quarter.
- Portfolio is $71.9 billion and well managed.
- AGNC is rated a buy and hold.
Double Digit Return In 30 Days With Western Asset Mortgage Capital
- Western Asset to release 2Q results and announce dividend on August 7.
- Analyst expect dividend to remain the same $0.67 this quarter.
- Buy the low now, and sell just prior to the ex-date for best return.
Here Is Why You Should Invest In Armour Residential REIT
- The quarter was profitable and provides more opportunities in the future.
- Book value increased from $4.67 to $4.90 this quarter.
- Over 14% yield to take the cash or reinvest the dividends monthly.
Double-Digit Return On CYS Investments Even Better
- CYS to pay dividend on July 16, 2014.
- Dividend return 14% and opportunity to receive better return.
- CYS stock price is down, and now is a great buy-in opportunity.
- Interest Rate Risk effects and profitability.
Investment In Armour Residential REIT Nets Profitable Double-Digit Gains
- ARR confirms $0.05 for third quarter dividends.
- Dividend over 14% and reinvesting dividends goes higher.
- Core Income was strong in first quarter and positive through second quarter.
- ARR expected to release second quarter financial report in August.
Atlas Resource Partners Going Ex-Dividend On July 2, 2014
- Distribution will be paid on July 15 of $0.1933 per unit, buy after July 3.
- 47 Mmboe deal previously announced is completed for long term production goal.
- ARP has an interest in over 12,000 producing wells.
- Oil Price increases are good for cash flow and bottom line distributions.