Tom Konrad, CFA

View Tom Konrad, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    Compelling story, but I have not looked at the valuation.
    Jul 25, 2015. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    I bought some PEGI (or at least sold calls) on Thursday.

I think the Yeildco decline is happening because of
    1) The general market decline
    2) Rising interest rates
    3) People realizing that many yieldcos were overvalued (and a few still are, but not PEGI, IMO)
    Jul 25, 2015. 08:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    A lot of it's C$ weakness and rising interest rates, but the market did not like the preliminary ruling in the Bristol Water case- it was a little better for Capstone than the original OfWat ruling, but it seems a lot closer to what OFWat wanted than what Capstone wanted. I, personally, was not counting on getting anything, so the little bit that Capstone/Bristol seems likely to get is good enough for me.
    Jul 21, 2015. 10:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    I would not say that the yieldco model is not sustainable -they are just like MLPs. But I would say that the current level of distribution growth is not sustainable.

Here's my quick look at yieldco risks, but I don't consider it complete, I'm sure you can take it a lot futher and give it mroe depth. http://bit.ly/1RtSCdu
    Jul 13, 2015. 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    For Canadian quasi-yieldcos (IPPs with a lot of clean energy) like Northland Power, I prefer Capstone (MCQPF), Innergex (INGXF), and Algonquin (ACQPF) to Northland (NPIFF). Boralex is interesting, too.
    Jul 12, 2015. 12:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    Since I only like a minority of the Yieldcos, I don't like the Yieldco index fund, YLCO. If you want to invest in yeildcos, it makes sense to pick and choos, not buy a basket like YLCO.
    Jul 11, 2015. 11:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    Regarding MLPs, I'm clearly no expert. Someone else corrected this in a comment on the original article as well. I should have corrected it in the reprint, but forgot.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    All,
    Seeking Alpha made a mistake and reprinted this article without first obtaining permission. I'd told them to contact GreenTechMedia (the copyright holder) to get permission, but if GTM does not want to give it, they may have to take it down. In that case, you will still be able to find it here http://bit.ly/1K0roFn and here http://bit.ly/1Sfospj
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    exactly.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    I'm just saying that using money from secondary offerings to increase the dividend puts a cap on long term yield based on the profitability of the Yieldco's investment opportunities. Using retained earnings does not.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    It does not justify the low yield compared to other yieldcos, like TransAlta. This is one of 3 articles originally published on GreenTechMedia in June... make sure you read the other two before you make your decision.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    I generally agree with you, except that your description "Low yields, limited future and a gps who have no vested interest with the limiteds" does not apply to all Yieldcos. There are good companies among them, but they tend to be the ones getting less press.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:20 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    I don't have a legal background either, but I do know that this sort of reverse merger is extremely common.

The following is total speculation. The main fraud charges also seem to be charges against Lesser personally rather than PW, so I would expect penalties, if awarded, to be awarded against him personally, although there may be some part of his contract which has PW indemnifying him against such awards, in which case PW migh have to pay. But shareholders might also have a right to go after him in such a case.
    Jul 8, 2015. 12:04 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Power REIT Loses; What Now? [View article]
    See my reply to the same question here: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Jul 8, 2015. 10:26 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    Yes, WLE and NSC seem to be gunning hard aginst PW, and I think it's probably just because they are p*ss*d. But it does not really matter if they win or not- all the damages they could come up with were $140K (less than 1c /share) in back interest (which they did not claim previously, so Lesser thinks they don't have a chance on that.)

This is a good place to ask me questions about any of the stocks in the list.
    Jul 8, 2015. 10:24 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment