Tom Konrad, CFA

View Tom Konrad, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    Thanks for the vote of confidence, but sorry, SUNE is not on my list. I generally avoid solar because I don't think I have a competitive edge against other analysts there. Here are some stocks that are on the list and I hope to write about- probably won't even get to all of these. ABY ASPN OPWR
    Aug 24, 2015. 09:53 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    I bring refinancing up every time I talk to Lesser. He says he's working on it.
    Aug 24, 2015. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    On the insider purchases, SEC rules prevent trading before announcements such as the 10Q. They are probably working on a litigation update now that the trial is over. Don't know why no purchases in the last week, but a pending litigation update could also be the reason, or perhaps they are working on something like a refinancing of debt, which would be a bigger deal than either a litigation update or the 10Q.
    Aug 23, 2015. 11:34 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    From the Aug 14 10-Q: "During the week of August 3, 2015, a trial was conducted on the two remaining claims of the Litigants against P&WV and Power REIT. At the conclusion of the trial, the court indicated that it hoped to render a final ruling on the case during the fourth quarter of 2015. The company is reviewing its legal options and evaluating the prospects of an appeal."
    Aug 19, 2015. 10:58 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    Compelling story, but I have not looked at the valuation.
    Jul 25, 2015. 08:47 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    I bought some PEGI (or at least sold calls) on Thursday.

I think the Yeildco decline is happening because of
    1) The general market decline
    2) Rising interest rates
    3) People realizing that many yieldcos were overvalued (and a few still are, but not PEGI, IMO)
    Jul 25, 2015. 08:46 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2015: Riding The Storm [View article]
    A lot of it's C$ weakness and rising interest rates, but the market did not like the preliminary ruling in the Bristol Water case- it was a little better for Capstone than the original OfWat ruling, but it seems a lot closer to what OFWat wanted than what Capstone wanted. I, personally, was not counting on getting anything, so the little bit that Capstone/Bristol seems likely to get is good enough for me.
    Jul 21, 2015. 10:13 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    I would not say that the yieldco model is not sustainable -they are just like MLPs. But I would say that the current level of distribution growth is not sustainable.

Here's my quick look at yieldco risks, but I don't consider it complete, I'm sure you can take it a lot futher and give it mroe depth. http://bit.ly/1RtSCdu
    Jul 13, 2015. 09:30 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    For Canadian quasi-yieldcos (IPPs with a lot of clean energy) like Northland Power, I prefer Capstone (MCQPF), Innergex (INGXF), and Algonquin (ACQPF) to Northland (NPIFF). Boralex is interesting, too.
    Jul 12, 2015. 12:02 AM | 3 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    Since I only like a minority of the Yieldcos, I don't like the Yieldco index fund, YLCO. If you want to invest in yeildcos, it makes sense to pick and choos, not buy a basket like YLCO.
    Jul 11, 2015. 11:59 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    Regarding MLPs, I'm clearly no expert. Someone else corrected this in a comment on the original article as well. I should have corrected it in the reprint, but forgot.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:56 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    All,
    Seeking Alpha made a mistake and reprinted this article without first obtaining permission. I'd told them to contact GreenTechMedia (the copyright holder) to get permission, but if GTM does not want to give it, they may have to take it down. In that case, you will still be able to find it here http://bit.ly/1K0roFn and here http://bit.ly/1Sfospj
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:51 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    exactly.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:31 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    I'm just saying that using money from secondary offerings to increase the dividend puts a cap on long term yield based on the profitability of the Yieldco's investment opportunities. Using retained earnings does not.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • How Much Can YieldCo Dividends Grow? [View article]
    It does not justify the low yield compared to other yieldcos, like TransAlta. This is one of 3 articles originally published on GreenTechMedia in June... make sure you read the other two before you make your decision.
    Jul 11, 2015. 10:21 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment