Tom Konrad, CFA

View Tom Konrad, CFA's Comments BY TICKER:
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2014: September Update And Thoughts On The Finavera Deal [View article]
    I checked with Jason Bak about this, here is what he had to say:

"We couldn’t publish anything in advance of the AGM because of the stage of DD that we’re at – I don’t feel confident presenting accounts or projections until the audit in complete (ETA end of month). We did however, discuss the opportunity with shareholders at the meeting and had a vote on a motion from the floor for the approval of the acquisition, based on the successful completion of DD and the approval of the stock exchange. The resolution passed with ~85% approval of approximately 12MM shares voting (~32% of shareholders, which is a good turn out).

I will be putting out a company update on the transaction shortly. Things are progressing well and the projections look impressive, though they are continuing to be refined."

He did not have an explanation as to why we did not get our shareholder materials, and said we should check with our brokers.
    Sep 19 05:01 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    I was talking about AMRC, not HASI.
    While all yield stocks will suffer when interest rates rise, I'd say HASI will suffer less, since their assets have shorter duration than most yeildcos, and the economics of EE will allow them to continue to finance EE even when the market requires higher rates.
    Sep 16 06:16 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I've been wondering about that myself.... I think they delayed it because they have not gotten their act together to get information to shareholders. I've gotten so used to them missing self-imposed deadlines, I don't really think much of it any more.
    Sep 16 05:33 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    The PFB's largest shareholder keeps buying stock on the open market. Given this pattern, I think the most likely exit would be if he takes it private. The company is also buying its own shares on the open market, albeit slowly. But I have no reason to think that might happen any time soon. But I'm happy to wait for years and years at 5%+, especially since the current 5.5% yield is before stock buybacks and the occasional special dividend.
    Sep 16 05:32 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Clean Energy Yield Cos: Where's The Yield? [View article]
    Yes, I saw that when I was researching an article I wrote for GreenTech Media on some smaller yeidcos. I don't have republication rights for that one, so it's not going to make it to Seeking Alpha, but you can read it here: http://bit.ly/1pizbAm
    Sep 16 05:25 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hope it helps... I'm scratching my head as to why the stock has been getting beaten up again over the last few days.
    Sep 16 10:34 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Yes, this is one of their expansion initiatives.
    Sep 11 09:48 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    This article explains it: http://seekingalpha.co...
    Sep 9 09:45 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 REIT Ideas For The Buy-The-Dip High-Yield Portfolio In August 2014 [View article]
    Thanks for the link to my article, and good job on the timing of your buy.

I also added to my HASI position (by selling puts) when the stock sold off the week before earnings (as I noted here on Aug 6th: http://seekingalpha.co....) I don't think the $12.50 puts I sold will ever be assigned, but I own so much of this REIT don't think I'd really want them to.
    Aug 18 10:39 AM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Lime Energy's Long Dark Year Of The Soul [View article]
    Ragu- I no longer follow LIME, sorry.
    Treehill- I think he's talking about after hours trading, where the stock dd spike.
    Aug 6 10:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2014: August Update [View article]
    I thought the court transcript was very encouraging with respect to the timeline being met.
    Aug 6 12:28 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 10 Clean Energy Stocks For 2014: August Update [View article]
    I missed the PW update- will have to look at it, but you know more than I do at this point.

In a stock this thinly traded, you don't really need an explanation for wild price and volume swings, but if the litigation update caused the recent action, someone does not think it's good news.

In terms of timeline, it depends a lot on the judge and he keeps missing his self-imposed timelines.
    Aug 6 12:09 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Clean Energy YieldCos: Company Structure [View article]
    That does make them more interesting- I consider earnings yield to be at least as important as divided yield.
    Aug 6 12:05 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 15 Clean Energy YieldCos: Company Structure [View article]
    How low is this "low distribution ratio"?
    Aug 5 03:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 2 Champions, 2 Contenders And 2 Newbies Added To Portfolio [View article]
    Thanks for the shout out.

In the table, "Yr." for HASI should be 2013. Dividends paid so far:

8/16/13 : $0.06
    11/14/13 : $0.14
    12/26/13: $0.22
    Mar, Jun 2014: $0.22 - but I expect them to raise the dividend again before the end of the year.
    Aug 4 06:44 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment