Tom Shaughnessy

View Tom Shaughnessy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • BlackBerry: The Last Push Before Earnings [View article]
    Great argument here Bill, no one has really brought up in detail how Apple can hurt BlackBerry on a device level. I think its also worth noting that as Apple's older model phones continue to become cheaper as new models arrive, this will further hurt BlackBerry on a competitive basis with regard to devices.

I saw the Q10 at Verizon the other day, it was pretty nice, but I wouldn't trade it for my 5S, ever.
    Mar 24, 2014. 01:15 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Expected Weak Shipping Markets May Present A Buying Opportunity For Shares Of DryShips [View article]
    Nice article Michael, thanks for sharing.
    Mar 23, 2014. 09:46 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 'Intel Inside': How About Inside Your Portfolio? [View article]
    Thanks Michael and everyone for commenting. We will see what happens!
    Mar 20, 2014. 04:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Why Seeking Alpha Embraces Pseudonymity [View article]
    Excellent approach Eli, thanks for your research and reasoning.
    Mar 19, 2014. 08:44 AM | 4 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Crossroads Systems: Patience Should Be Rewarded With Solid Returns [View article]
    Anytime Justin, thanks for your information as well!

Cheers,
    Mar 19, 2014. 12:06 AM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX's Royalty Triumph Is Excellent News [View article]
    Excellent comment RFmaverick, investors certainly value your legal opinion on these items.

Cheers,
    Tom
    Mar 18, 2014. 11:58 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX's Royalty Triumph Is Excellent News [View article]
    Excellent comment.

Cheers Richard.
    Mar 18, 2014. 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • VirnetX's Royalty Triumph Is Excellent News [View article]
    Sonic Thoughts, thanks for commenting. I revised the impeachment section of the article soon after publication. Although I agree that comments have been feverish. It is good that investors are looking at every detail, although I strongly believe in VHC's prospects moving forward.
    Mar 18, 2014. 11:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    Agreed, Gettin'Long, CRDS had a really rough past. The old CEO even went off on tangents during their CC's. I believe the new management team and their future looks pretty solid.
    Mar 18, 2014. 09:50 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Justin, VHC has gotten extremely cheap. I added shares around these prices. News based upon the CAFC sent shares down, although I recommend reading Jeff's recent article as it is an excellent summation beyond the FUD.

I would recommend calling CRDS, they are extremely helpful in helping to understand the story. Also my first article may help as well.

You are where I go to for VRNG News, how is there future beyond 2016? Great job calling the increased RR and your research as well!

Thanks,
    Tom
    Mar 18, 2014. 09:49 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Hey Justin,

Out of those I am currently invested in CRDS and VHC based on their merits. I do not like price targets on these and just focus on the facts and potential. I think VRNG has potential, thats you area of expertise. I haven't taken a firm look at PRKR yet.

Any views on PRKR?

Thanks Justin,
    -Tom
    Mar 18, 2014. 07:46 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Starbucks And Spindle: A Leg Up On Royalty Programs In Mobile Payments [View article]
    Joe, excellent work on this article.

Best,
    Mar 18, 2014. 01:23 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • The Document Security Systems Vs. Salesforce Case Just Got Even More Interesting [View article]
    Justin, thanks for the article.

Best,
    Mar 18, 2014. 01:19 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's Future: iPhone Replacements? [View article]
    Hey Michael, I think it relates to overall sales of iPhones - and 80% being replacements. I wish it did break it down by sales to existing iPhone users and non-current iPhone users, although it does not.

I agree, it will definitely hurt the sales of newer phones, but with the iPhone 6 on deck, it does seem that the new iPhone 6 will be radically different and more advanced and drive substantial sales.

Best,
    Tom
    Mar 16, 2014. 02:57 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Sell Intel, Buy Qualcomm? [View article]
    AE, thanks for the extensive article as always, your coverage, especially on LTE is unmatched!
    Mar 16, 2014. 02:41 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment