Tom Shaughnessy

View Tom Shaughnessy's Comments BY TICKER:
  • ViryaNet: An Under The Radar Technology Gem's Cloud Transition Could Yield Significant Upside Potential [View article]
    Thank you Poseidon, please forward your comment to Seeking Alpha!
    Jan 15 10:19 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I will look into this item, I am not sure as to why the debt was forgiven, I think it was linked to a convertible note. I will research after my vacation and get back to the both of you.

Best,
    Tom
    Jan 15 10:18 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Apple's A8 -- What It Will Be And Why It Matters [View article]
    Thank you, thank you , thank you JManness!
    Jan 10 11:44 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • 3 Reasons I'm Buying On The Alcoa Earnings Dip [View article]
    Thanks for the write up QTR, I was looking for some solid info on AA,

-Tom
    Jan 10 03:08 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Manitowoc Update: Targets Achieved, More To Go [View article]
    Informative analysis with an account for the downside, thanks for the awesome article DAG!
    Jan 10 03:08 PM | 2 Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Calgon Carbon: Operational Enhancements And Target Market Growth Could Drive 200% Upside Potential [View article]
    Anythin klkl thanks for commenting!
    Jan 10 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thanks for commenting Salerno, you are right as well. I had a rather large portion of the business and their platform with slides although it was a little much for the article and was slightly off track.

All in all the 3-4 pages I had on it seemed like clutter, so I just point people to their investor presentation.

Jan 10 02:59 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you Inflection Point, I look forward to reading your future articles as well!
    Jan 10 02:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    I agree 100% DAG, it could be anything. You thoughts are dead on, it could be anything.

At the end of the day I am happy the article was read by those who were interested, and the investment story is now out in the open. I also enjoy SA as a medium and the editors were more than fast and extensive.
    Jan 10 12:40 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment

In SA's response to me, nothing about it was regarding market cap or liquidity. I guess it is harder to find ideas with potential that have larger market caps, and smaller ones have the potential to pack an attractive or unknown story.

They said I was too optimistic and did not explain the risks enough - fair enough. Although I do see similar works published as "top ideas" in my opinion.

The editors were very fast and comprehensive in their response after I asked, I really appreciated that.

Anyway, thanks DAG I am glad you enjoyed the article. I know your comments are not criticisms, I enjoy our discussions. At the end of the day I am happy a company whom I am invested in has its story told.

Best Dag,
    Tom
    Jan 10 12:26 AM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • ATMI Inc: Restructuring Underway, The Best Is Yet To Come [View article]
    Thanks for the article Chris, now it will just take some time for everything to play out
    Jan 9 04:48 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
  • Santander's U.S. consumer unit files for IPO [View news story]
    There are a lot of these by me, they are popping up all over the place
    Jan 9 03:57 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
  • Capitalizing On Cannabis: Don't Get Caught In A 'Green Crush' [View article]
    Thank you Alan for your comprehensive coverage. With regard to PHOT it seems to be a little high in PPS. The stock is NOT a P&D and I do not think it is - the story and the company's exposure in the MJNA market is perfect comparison to direct suppliers of cannabis, although it seems to have had a very high run... what is your take?

Thanks for the excellent coverage as always,
    Tom
    Jan 9 03:23 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment
    Thank you very much Regarded, I appreciate reading all of your work as well!

I agree, some authors have a "submit to publish" button over a "submit to editorial" button!
    Jan 9 02:11 PM | 1 Like Like |Link to Comment
    SA's editors offer strong and informative reasons why they have not been accepted as such, although when I look at some of the pro articles on the site already, I feel that mine at least match up ( and have similar concerns) - especially after a weeks worth of work.
    Jan 9 02:01 PM | Likes Like |Link to Comment